Why are bitmap fonts being oppressed everywhere?

Why are bitmap fonts being oppressed everywhere?

Attached: bitmap.png (1123x1530, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#filter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who gives this much of a shit about fonts?

>wahh why won't developers support a feature that only one person wants for free!

hes not even supporting PR requests, he is actively blocking this feature "by principle" and not for any other reason

pango is also removing bitmap font support

who gives a fuck about kitty and other shitty and slow terminal emulators. xterm literally works for everything and it's fucking fast so what's the point of using anything else

Fork it and do it yourself or shut the fuck up and go back to your gimp cage.
Why is everyone such a pathetic faggot about these things. Open source developers don't owe you a single fucking thing.

Attached: 1554877952275s.jpg (250x193, 6K)

>dont owe you a thing
but they're blocking PRs

Because vectors are the future
Get with it

Aren't emojis usually implemented as bitmap fonts?

Not emoticons, emojis are a fucking part of Unicode.

Fork it and add bitmap font support yourself.
If enough people like this as a feature, you'll overtake the original project.

>I don't use it, so I won't program it
Typical amateur dev.

He merged my changes, so this is not true.

is he /ourpajeet/?

the actual reason is that they are a botnet

WOKE

What non-terminal text editors and IDEs support bitmap fonts?

Only disgusting faggots would use bitmap fonts

say what you will about indian poettering but he is nothing but an amateur
the fucker keeps python 2 al8ve pretty much all by himself. He made one software that while everyone loves to critisize for years now, no one has made a replacement that comes even remotely close. Calibre is the shittiest software of its market but it is the only one too

rendered and catched?
how do these vector font works

Fork.
It.

emacs

kitty is probably faster than xterm

>using bitmap to prevent blurry font
only a boomer would do this

why would anyone use this pajeet terminal in the first place

[Citation needed]

faster at what? maybe at dumping text on the screen. but apart from that use case, a terminal can't really be "fast" at anything. what matters more is input latency, and since kitty has to interact with the gpu, i doubt it can beat simple terminals like xterm there.

Just use fontforge to embed your bitmap fonts in a ttf. With hinting on it works perfectly

i use cool bitmaps so u kno im a haxx0r

I only use widespace bitmap fonts because I use my own terminal emulator which has its own text renderer and those are the easiest to work with

Text rendering is unnecessarily complicated. I get it when you're reading long documents in a business context and shit but you probably shouldn't read those from a screen anyway.

He said he wants fonts that scale (makes sense)
bitmaps don't scale, seems legit reason.

Which project is this?

screeet detected

I had to rollback a pango update and blacklist it from updates to get terminus to work again.

>terminus
>web technology terminal emulator
for what purpose

>bitmaps
bitmaps scale... its just a bunch of pixels you just need to implement the algorithm that works pixel based rather that a mathematical equation

He probably doesn't want to deal with pixmap files

Not well, like zooming in or out of a pic, blurrly or blocky, if it's not much of a scale its fine, still lazy and unneeded, fonts should be vector, not raster.

the blurriness is causes because they used some half assed solution. As you mentioned zooming pixelate images with the default algorithm is for retards, just scale it pixel exact and that's it.

imagemagick can do it fine with images....
imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#filter

bitmappers RISE UP

based pajeet

Attached: just-embed-bitmaps-in-ttf-with-hinting.png (1920x1080, 218K)

You shouldn't have offended the Indian by using a poo emoji.

>puh-please mister indian man please make the software I want for free
Nigger write your own software.

Looks like shit though

cringe

based

bitmap fonts belong in the dust bin of history, I am on the right side of history. :^)

Fork it and add it yourself. That's like 90% of the appeal of open source software.

based poojeet

Looks awful, user. The font itself is fine, but distance between letters is fucked up, and it's still not as crispy.

Then fork and add support instead of crying it on Jow Forums faggot

>use a bloated terminal called fucking "kitty"
>be surprised when the devs are bloated faggots
My bitmap fonts are perfectly unoppressed in st, and will remain so pretty much forever. This is entirely your problem.

LOL that one dev basically doesn't take requests at all. Makes me wonder if he's actually a legitimate dev or the equivalent of having a ghost writer/intern shit things out for him

>not just using xterm
it's the same everywhere and it works great and is fast

it's the standard x windows terminal emulator since the earliest days of x

>OLD THING GOOD
I don't need backwards compatibility with real terminals from the 60s. st is smaller and cleaner, and has exactly the feature set I need and nothing more. Its only drawback is very slightly higher latency - on the order of 10-20ms rather than 4-8 - but it's still miles better than any other """"modern"""" terminal emulator and so is good enough for me, especially since things are working well enough for me without a compositor so I don't lose latency there.

>I'll let someone else do it
>someone posts poo emoji
>I'll never add it actually

Good for you user, but I'm sticking with xterm, it's the vanilla ice cream of X terminal emulators.

>I don't need backwards compatibility with real terminals from the 60s. st is smaller and cleaner, and has exactly the feature set I need and nothing more.
> Its only drawback is very slightly higher latency
So you use it because it's more minimal, yet slower?

numales fear the chadjeet

hahaha, nice summation. I think I like kitty even better after seeing this exchange.

just write your own terminal emulator it's not that hard

>its just a bunch of pixels you just need to implement the algorithm that works pixel based rather that a mathematical equation
That's called vector graphics, the exact opposite of a bitmap, which is pixel graphics. Any conversion is imperfect

If that bitch wants to use his font then he should just convert it from bitmap to vector himself

>This is not something I care to spend time on. But patches are welcome.
>But patches are welcome.

WAAAAAAAAAAH

MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHY WON'T THEY DO IT FOOOOOOOOOOOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I''M A SHIT CODER AND CAN'T SUPPORT MYSEEEEEEEEEEEELF I NEED SOMEONE ELSE TO DO THE THINGS I WAAAAAAAAAAAANT

MOMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I WANT SOMETHING BUT I CAN'T PROGRAM IT MYSEEEEEEEEEEELF WAAAAAAAAAAH WHY AREN'T OTHER PEOPLE DOING IT FOOOOOOOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MOMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY IT'S NOT FAAAAAAAAAAIR WHY AREN'T PEOPLE WORKING FOR ME FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE??????? MOMMY YOU ALWAYS GAVE ME WHATEVER I WANTED WHY IS THE REAL WORLD SO MUCH HAAARDEEEER WAAAAAAAAAAAHH

Try reading the whole image before sperging out.