Previous thread: >Read
(Cross-thread)

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1536225949517.jpg (560x572, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofsins.com/t/thread/855887/
superuser.com/questions/475874/how-does-the-windows-rename-command-interpret-wildcards
github.com/mozilla/policy-templates/blob/master/README.md
pastebin.com/WabPK1JP
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I created a shared and a static library, libfoo.so and libfoo.a. I copied them to /usr/lib/foo/ and header (*.h) files to /usr/include/foo/. If I write a program such as
#include

int main(){}

the program compiles successfully. However, if I try to use something that is defined in foo, like
#include

int main()
{
some_foo_func();
}

I get linking error.
How to resolve this? The commands that I used to produce static and shared library are
# Shared.
gcc -c -o foo.o -fPIC foo.c
gcc -shared -o libfoo.so foo.o
# Static.
gcc -c -o foo.o foo.c
ar rcs libfoo.a foo.o

Based cat gas rats race war now

Didn't feel like cropping a rustle

god damn I am so glad this shit has been abstracted away

Is there some simple way to use SauceNao/iqdb image search on a phone? Manually copying link gets a bit tiresome

If the lib is not put into a standard directory it won't be found by the linker. (I see you didn't -L./lib or -L../lib for example if it's not in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib etc)

After compilation, the dynamic library also needs to go into a standard place. If I recall correctly, on GNU+Linux distros, the runtime directory of the application is NOT used. The shared library should go in wherever it's supposed to go

finally got a phone, waiting on the SIM card
anything I should know/do?

I always enable developer mode just for a couple of extra features I like to enable. Other than that, I lockdown permissions on any apps that I plan to use, and delete apps that I will never use.

node: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.64: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What did it means? I've tried everything like update yaourt and pacman. I've tried to reinstall npm as well. I need to use this shit.

Install the thing which gets you that library

reckoning has come

Help, how do I tunnel everything on my OpenVPN except for http/https?

Currently everything is tunneled but I want to learn how to untunnel some ports

i'm gonna buy a sharp 40" 4k tv hdr 8bit+frc direct led tv.
and use it as a monitor.

what am i getting into?

Just latency if you plan to play games on it.

Quite a stupid question here.
How do I share files on archive.org so that everyone else can view them? I wanted to make a general on future technology on Jow Forums.

Id like to make a link wherein everyone can view and comment (if possible) on the file I uploaded.

>If the lib is not put into a standard directory it won't be found by the linker. (I see you didn't -L./lib or -L../lib for example if it's not in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib etc)
Hmm but is it not in standard place?
$ ls /usr/lib/foo/
libfoo.a libfoo.so

Is this not ok?

Is it possible to have a screen with both lcd/oled + e-ink?
Phone screens are getting indistinguishable pixel densities, this could be the next route forward.
Have your notification on screen all the time with better battery life.

Attached: 16880680.gif (400x225, 210K)

I want to get a commercial font, but I'm not willing to shill out 70USD for something to be used once.

I've searched torrent sites and googled a lot, but found nothing, what are some good font-resource sites?

Attached: 1562341168681.gif (177x177, 289K)

Is anything preventing Amazon from looking at my files on a free EC2 micro instance?

I assume some form of encryption is the answer, but I don't know if everything is back doored by default in case Amazon wants to snoop around.

Attached: 1547266479565.jpg (2445x3573, 3.78M)

PAH PAH PAH!

/t/ had a huge magnet with a ton of them. Check the long term, searchable archive of that board.

Where can I find the long term archive? I only found the one under the Archive button.

archiveofsins.com/t/thread/855887/

Thanks a lot man!

Attached: 1473929474797.jpg (1600x1200, 342K)

Trouble renaming files on windows through command line.
superuser.com/questions/475874/how-does-the-windows-rename-command-interpret-wildcards
This works, but only for individual files.How can I make a script to rename each file individually using "ren", or some other command that actually renames them in bulk?

If you meant two separate screens, sure. Don't forget each phone screen is made up of layers of glass, digitiser, the display itself, polariser, backlight and so on. Not to mention the controller, the interface to the SoC and all the associated power delivery/regulator circuitry. Look up the YotaPhone.

If you meant both LCD/OLED + E-Ink on the same panel, then no

sometimes this happens: i download an update for some game for example from the app store and then when i open the app i have to download an update again in-app. why is this? why dont they just put all the update content in one place?

>backlight and so on. Not to mention the controller, the interface to the SoC and all the associated power delivery/regulator circuitry
Easily done.

I'm talking about manufacturers making every second pixel on a display being led, e-ink, led, e-ink

I know I can start a program in a terminal simply by writing the program name, but how do I close it per terminal as well?

Those two are fundamentally different in characteristics and panel make-up. How would you get usable refresh rate out of e-ink, for example? What you want is oled without the drawbacks, which is why MicroLED is such a big deal

I think you're misunderstanding a little, you use them separately. only oled for normal use, then you lock your phone and only the e-ink comes on to show time and notifications.
They're running out of areas to improve screens, that could be the next gimmick.

Can installing a new graphics card fuck my power supply or motherboard? Specifically a 2070 (upgrading from 970), z170 pro4 and 600w.
Installed the new card a few weeks ago, last night my headphones and keyboard stopped working. I unplugged them and moved them to different USB slots, then about a minute later my entire system shut off. I waited a while and turned it back on, but nothing happened apart from the GPU (and maybe case) fans going at max speed. Wouldn't respond to me holding down the power button so I just unplugged it. Further attempts to turn it on have been unsuccessful. Additionally, when the power cable is plugged into my computer, it emits a sort of squeaking sound.

You can use a tiny, separate e-ink screen for that. Why would you want to combine both? You said it yourself
>every second pixel on a display being led, e-ink

Again, the YotaPhone series exist. Seems to me that what you want is something like the LG V10/20 where the second screen is made of e-ink instead

I'm not saying I want one, I just had an idea for the next big gimick they'll try and put in a smartphone.
Smartphones these days take up almost the entire front face of the device, nobody would sacrifice that for some e-ink, a very noticeable difference.
But phones have 4k screens in them now. Can you honestly see the difference between 1080p and 4k on a 6" screen? what if it was 1080p + e-ink interlaced, that'd be a bigger improvement than 1080p to 4k.

Hmm even if I give
gcc main.c -L /usr/lib/foo/libfoo.so
I get an error.

If it's been a few weeks between the installation of your new GPU and this problem I would say the two are unrelated. Take the case side off and dust out your PSU and CPU cooler fans as it first might just be dusty and shutting down due to overheating. Then I'd suggest swapping the PSU out and seeing if you get a POST (How old is the PSU [Make/Model?]? Any recent storms?).

What Intel Xeon I should get if I want to stay, at least, on the same levels of performance of a 4690k.
Vidya is not important.

If I buy a tablet that can accept a SIM card and I don't use one, is there any downside other than only being able to connect to WiFi? I already use my phone and other devices like this, but if I don't plan on using a SIM, would it be better or cheaper to get a tablet that doesn't have that feature?

What error do you get?
Also -L sets library path, it does lot add library to your program.
gcc main.c /usr/lib/foo/libfoo.so

Cheaper usually, no other downsides that I know of.
Just use your phone as a hotspot for the tablet if you need it.

Yeah we're going in circles. We're just repeating ourselves here. Again, you cannot simply merge the two together in the same panel when they're made out of two different things and require two different assemblies. Which makes sense since they were made for two different purposes. E-ink does not have the required colour gamut, refresh rate, response time, contrast etc that is expected from a smartphone display! That's not what it's for.

>1080p + e-ink interlaced
So is the e-ink portion supposed to be switched off when the lcd/oled portion is on? How is that supposed to look better when you have massive gaps in-between the pixels?

>see the difference between 1080p and 4k on a 6" screen?
You can, depending on the sub-pixel arrangement and viewing distance. Though personally even a PenTile 1080p is good enough for me. Why do you think VR makers are ditching oled for their screens?

AGAIN, (one of) the answer is MicroLED. From your perspective, current lcd/oled consumes too much power for always on notification/time. What if we can get the same/better characteristics of lcd/oled but with much lower power consumption that it's feasible to do so? What do you think microled is?

Why the fuck do I have 2GB of hardware reserved RAM in my headless machine? I disabled the iGPU and set the reserved limit to 50MB before disabling. I have a graphics card in the machine that has its own memory but I also have no monitor plugged in - connecting via terminal services. How do I free this up?

Attached: 1548889990772.png (872x180, 22K)

Ok lads, my domain's DNS is set to domain.com A .
Thing is that if I connect to domain.com from my LAN, it goes to my public address instead of the server on the LAN.
It works great if i put domain.com in the hosts file.
Can a BIND server override the DNS query?

Just close the terminal itself.
If you start a program per terminal, that terminal with handle everything program related until you either kill the program PID+kill, or close the terminal.
You can also just use ctrl+caps+q to close it, then open a new one per hotkey

You could either override the DNS in your router to point to the internal IP or just use a different domain suffix for your LAN. Using domains which collide is bad practice, you should use something like .lan for your internal domains and accept that using .com will point to the external IP.

Example of what you're trying to do?

ctrl+c sends a signal which ends the program
ctrl+d (or ctrl+z enter on Windows) ends stdin which in most cases will stop programs that work with user input from keyboard.

Oke i got it working by adding an A record to pfSense's unbound resolver
>Using domains which collide is bad practice, you should use something like .lan for your internal domains
Great I'll think about it

Attached: 1551067139532.gif (500x564, 230K)

Oh thanks. Should have read man page. Anyway it works if I do
gcc main.c /usr/lib/foo/libfoo.so
The error I'm getting is
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccB96nhR.o: in function `main':
main.c:(.text+0x21): undefined reference to `some_foo_func'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Sure. Message from the previous thread.

>I need to rename all files in a directory with a given extension (for instance .EXA) and add ".html" to them.

>So it would go from "file.EXA" to "file.EXA.html".

>How do I do this on fucking windows? I can't use a linux liveUSB or anything. I need a script that Powershell can run.

An user suggested doing
ren *.EXA *.EXA.html
but that didn't work, because it only works for individual files and I have several .EXA in that directory. If it was only one, I would do it manually.

help for

Is cockbox good for anonymous hosting?

I went into the recovery settings in windows 10 and made a system image on an external drive. Is this the same as using those drive cloning tools? I just want something that will restore an exact copy of the current windows install into any new drive I might install if the current OS drive gets fucked

I have an Acer Aspire 3 A315-41-R8N8. When I go to the Acer product support site, I can't find my particular model and instead it only gives me drivers and manuals and stuff for A315-41 even after I put my laptop's serial number or SNID in the box. Does that meant all the A315-41 use the same drivers and shit?

That brings up new questions, like how to create a list of the files, write it to a file, then iterate over said file. Or an easier way that I cannot think of. My CLI experience is with unix.

Yes, pretty much. Windows Recovery lacks the features of commercial B&R solutions, but it's reliable and compatible with no surprises.

It means the motherboard's the same. The rest of config (specific processor, memory, drives, wireless interfaces) may vary within the spec, but all the drivers for them must be on the model page you got to.

Can anyone recommend an office chair cheaper than $500 that has good back support and a mesh seat? I'm tired of swamp ass

Poor fag here
Got my sister old Lenovo Z51-70.Its battery is shit and I need to connect to a power source to open it my sister got it fixed but in 4 months It was broken again

My problem is every game I run works flawlessly for 2 minutes before lagging and then working flawlessly and the cycle repeats itself. Can someone tell me why this happens

Pic related is during the laggy part of game

Attached: ThxForReading.png (1920x1080, 733K)

I don't know about Windows 10 but on Windows 7 my backup of around 150gb+ failed to restore the system. Windows has always been a piece of shit. Use a 3rd party program, definitely don't count on Microsoft / Windows 10. Just don't.

Thermal throttling most likely. Keep it as cool as can be.

It's overheating. Your GPU is at 89 degrees and CPU at 85.

Disassemble, clean, change thermal compound, replace fans as needed. Get a new and/or extended battery, while you're at it.

first time making a json, does this look right?
{
"policies": {
"Cookies": {
"Default": true,
"AcceptThirdParty": "from-visited",
"ExpireAtSessionEnd": true,
"RejectTracker": true,
}
}
{
"DisableSetDesktopBackground": true
}
{
"DisableMasterPasswordCreation": true
}
{
"DisableAppUpdate": true
}
{
"DisableBuiltinPDFViewer": true
}
{
"DisableDeveloperTools": true
}
}
i feel like i am doing it wrong and would like to know before i keep wasting time doing it the wrong way

Attached: 1542880205528.png (316x316, 37K)

mixing capitalised and non-capitalised keys looks bad
other than that i guess it's ok

mostly just copying a pasting lines from here. github.com/mozilla/policy-templates/blob/master/README.md

would it still work without capitalization?

Which file in the joplin directory has all my shit?
I've used a setup with notepad++, folder view, and markdown viewer, and it was ok, but joplin seems nicer and better to use.
But see, I'm kind of literally autistic, so if I don't have all my shit in neat folders I will scream and hurt myself. Joplin putting everything in it's own config folder sort of enables that reaction.

>Use a 3rd party program
what would you recommend

You're thinking about it too much.
for %f in *.EXA do ren %f %f.html

Macrium Reflect.

Will it let me clone my windows install and put it in a backup drive for use whenever (let's hope I never need it), or is it like restore windows right here and now thing?

Also if I ever need to restore windows, will the Macrium backup work with windows 10's own repair tools?

Is there a website or a way to run a script to automatically download the images uploaded by any specific Twitter profile? I mean, there's this girl who uploads some nudes at random hours but deletes them often quickly. How do I grab any uploads from that profile automatically and download them?

You can either clone it to another drive or save it to an image you can restore to any drive later, which is nice because it uses compression and ignores files you don't need like pagefile and hyberfil, plus it does compression. It also does differential backups, which saves you space when you're just backing up minor changes. When it comes to restoring windows, you don't want to touch the built in tools with a 10 foot pole. Macrium lets you set up a boot drive that can be used for both backup and recovery.

>Macrium lets you set up a boot drive that can be used for both backup and recovery.
Would a 2 gig usb be enough for the recovery boot drive? I have bigger USBs but they already are boot drives with windows 7 and 10 install media

Yeah that should be fine. They're pretty lightweight WinPE based releases. Also I'd argue that you don't really need 7 anymore. It's not worth bothering about this close to the end.

How come I get Disk overload 100% with utorrent even tho I have MX500 1tb and it didnt even start to download at full speed?

Does anyone here have any experience with a weighed blankets? I don't have Grand Autisme and currently sleep fine-ish, but they seem like they'd add an extra level of comfy.

Attached: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg (100x100, 3K)

First dumb question is how the `fuck` do I add
```
codebloocks
```

:::
Maybe this?
:::

wat do if no /csg/ ?
I have questions

Other than play games what can I do with 16gb ram?

Attached: 1565007779576.jpg (228x221, 7K)

__let me codeblock, geez__

What are you trying to do?

Forbidden codebloc

Thought it would let me put a coded code block inside code block. Guess not. See instead. There's probably a nocode block as well or something, never tried. Let's try. [nocode][/nocode]

Same stuff you do with 8gb, just more of it at the same time with less loading and paging.

Okay so, I was doing some exercism.io golang exercises and found some peculiar shit.

For a given test:

func TestFold(t *testing.T) {
var got int
for _, tt := range foldTestCases {
got = tt.list.Foldr(tt.fn, tt.initial)
}

Where the data-structure is:

var foldTestCases = []struct {
name string
property string
fn binFunc
initial int
list IntList
want int
}{
name: "direction independent function applied to non-empty list",
property: "foldr",
fn: func(x, y int) int { return x + y },
initial: 5,
want: 15,
list: []int{1, 2, 3, 4},
}

a function like
func (list IntList) Foldr(fn binFunc, inital int) int {
for i := len(list) - 1; i >= 0; i-- {
inital = fn(list[i], inital)
}
return inital
}

Will pass the test.

However if I make the module main, generate a list myself and try to pass it to the same damn function

func main() {
list := []int{2,5,4,3,6,7}
passFunction = func(x,y int)int{return x + y}
fmt.Printf(list.Foldr(passFunction, 1)
}

I get list.Foldr undefined (type []int has no field or method Foldr)

Even though in both cases the predicate to the function has to be a list of integers - passed to the function by a custom data type that looks like type IntList []int

Why the fuck does it work when called from tests but not from main???

Media and multimedia production often eats up as much memory as you allow it to, on large/serious projects. RAM disks were nice back when platter drives were still common and when SSDs were unaffordable, though obviously any crash or uncaught power failure can assblast you there.

Is it useless watching 1080p content on a 5:4 monitor?

It doesn't work out of the box in powershell and I don't know how to tweak it to work. With parentheses it seems to open another console within (">>")

Is it ok to use google in tor?

Ratio is irrelevant. If you care about quality, what you want to avoid is upscaling, if you care about quality.

Depends how much you trust Tor, and how much you trust yourself not to behave in a way that Google can profile.

It's always something stupid I'm gonna figure out on my own, but this one is gonna be extra stupid

I'm making a BigRational with a value of 9.5

I then convert it to a double (and then string) to read it:
return ((double)value).ToString();

The number being returned now is something like 6.24892374923794293 , not 9.5

I am not changing the number in any way other than these casts

Also the same code works perfectly fine for larger numbers (or maybe numbers with no fractions/decimals?, I just noticed it fucing up now on 9.5

Post a full program that exhibits the problem. You'll likely find that whatever you're trying to do works if you isolate it in a standalone main, and that the problem is elsewhere.

Hello Jow Forums.
Saw a sale on a HP 22f monitor for 90 euros, would that be good screen for the price?
I wanted to connect it to my laptop, it's a 5 year old hp zbook 15. Would it have trouble with that or does powering a second screen not need much hardware power?

Yeah 90% of the time it's something incredibly banal or stupid you overlooked. I doubt anyone's gonna test this but it took me less than a minute to post so:

private BigRational tester = new BigRational(9.5);

string showme = ToPrintable(tester);

public string ToPrintable(BigRational value)
{
return ((double)value).ToString();
}

// do something to show the string showme

BigRational class: pastebin.com/WabPK1JP (works great for everything I've used it for thus far)