88mb

>88mb

Attached: 1533880136042.png (1280x819, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary.en.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That’s the page file user. If you look at the actual physical memory numbers it’s using 199MB

>ancient software uses less memory

name 200 things you can do in w10 that you can't in xp

Has anyone forked Windows XP? Oh wait... It's malware.

woah
technology like
improved over time dude
woooaaaah
iphone spy on me so this is literally cyberpunk dystopia

mb
Slackware 64 MB

it really improv-

Attached: 1558596596146.png (1021x765, 409K)

100 mb more and you have an OS that supports modern browsers (Chromium edge too) and it's infinitely more secure, and before you say muh EOL in 2020 Jan, ms supports Win7 till 2023.

Attached: yoy87'09.jpg (694x471, 79K)

sweet jesus, vidya devs really need to hurry up and completely ditch directx so I can finally cut the cord and completely ditch windows

how the fuck do you idle at less than 700mb in 7? not even on a fresh install i'm able to do that

you can do that on 32bit

>page file

On a system with 2GB RAM I get around 400-500MB usage on W7 64bit.
The more RAM you have the more Windows will use, though.

how do you fork proprietary software

by using xubuntu

>le windoze is one big virus
And actually it has been forked by ReactOS, or more accurately, reverse engineered.

Run 2D/3D rendering software on the newest nvidia graphics. There are at least 200 peices of such software. q.e.d

If Windows XP supported the latest software and did nothing more than it did, you would have an OS so superior to Windows 10, you'd be an idiot for not using it. You can't defend the bloat and resource usage in Windows 10. 77 MB on an NT kernel is outstanding, all it needs to do is run software written yesterday.
You can't. Proprietary software is malware

based

Attached: 15430357167070.jpg (344x400, 39K)

>Proprietary software is malware

malware that actually works unlike freeshit

>nd actually it has been forked by ReactOS, or more accurately, reverse engineered.
Isn't that just an OS running WINE?

Hey, prakesh. How ya doin?

>Planned obsolescence
At least when freeshit doesn't work it's not intentional
>Proprietary sofware just works
And when it doesn't you're up shit creek

On a side note, I haven't had any issues since switching over to free software. I'm not saying I don't use necessary evils on my gaming rig, but there's simply no reason to for all my other machines.

I didn't know it's possible to be this ignorant

Do you have something running in the background?

I reinstalled XP the other day and it was using ~30mb on boot

>You can't. Proprietary software is malware
Proof?

gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary.en.html

Too vague, I want proof the latest windows xp for embedded/POS is malware.

Run steam spyware client

It is intentionally closed source to limit it's functionality as a result from a lack of a future developer community with the purpose of enticing it's user(s) to buy a newer version of Windows. It's not planned obsolescence but it's very similar to it. Just because the software "just works" for point of sale systems does not mean it's nature changes. On a side note, I'm honestly surprised any embedded system would run Windows of any version, as a Linux alternative could stay up to date for free and would inevitably run faster. Maybe I was too vague. Not all proprietary software is equally malicious, but they all are so to at least some extent.

Just sandbox it, how hard is it?

>limit
Judging by the pace of work of ReactOS, at most we would have seen nothing valuable come up.
>inevitably run faster
Why? And why if their software is written for windows? And what about support, will red hat personally make my own personal POS distro?

topkek

Attached: 12-36-49-216_2019.jpg (1024x768, 401K)

>4.19
Wahahaha I'm on 5.3

>not using freedos
It's like you don't even loadhigh.

-ed.

Simplicity is a good thing.

Update

>modern software is mostly bloat
indeed

Bloat is overly ambiguous. What runs bad for you runs perfectly on a modern i5. What runs perfectly for you runs bad on a pentium 4, etc.

this is 32bit which is obsolete, you have to run 64bit and it eats way more (but ram is cheap who cares, just buy more)

They share code so it's like two sides of the same coin

To be honest, the average computer user could still do fine on something like Windows XP if it were still maintained.
Most "features" added by newer Windows versions and other OSes are, more often than not, irrelevant for 99% of users.
There are legitimate uses for newer software, but using it for the sake of being newer is stupid.
Anyone who denies this is delusional and suffering from shiny new thing syndrome.

yeah the outstanding non-stop advancements in hardware can barely make up for the downspiralying quality of software

Hate to be 'that guy' but everything runs perfectly on my PC.

The second greatest OS of all time, number 1 is Windows 10 and number 3 Windows 7. No Licukx makes the list sorry.

Linux is a kernel.

>windows 10
gfy

shows how much you know

the point of the os is not the user interface but to be able to run and support hardware. The more securely the better. That's the main feature.

t. retard nigger monkey

Attached: 1557851209084.jpg (1232x424, 119K)

No, that's just the kernel. Updates to it can, and should be done transparently without disrupting the usual workflow of the users.
The fact that you're unable to separate concepts is quite telling.

Linux is an operating system [0]

[0] en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

>links source contradicting her claim

Attached: 418964_1.jpg (125x128, 5K)

It literally says right there: Linux is a collection of operating systems which all share the same kernel, called the Linux kernel - the kernel that the Linux family of operating systems run on.

If you think that statement and are equivalent, I have bad news about your IQ.

Okay prove me wrong.

So I take you consider Android Linux as well, out of coherence?

Yes, android is a linux distro.

>muh gaymes

Gaymes as well as photoshop, adobe, autodesk, etc. They don't work or work at 1/100th the speed on nouveau.

why

safely and reliably browse the internet

Ok, now visit youtube.

Because I like to custom tune my kernel and why not run the latest while I'm at it? On your old ass CPU, you can disable all mitigations with the mitigations=off kernel command line.

Thats 199 MB including the file cache. The file cache will eventually grow to use all system memory, but that usage is not counted because it can be freed if needed.

ok grandpa.
If you want to use a launcher for all your programs fine, use i3 for all I care

I want a simple pc. click on a program, and this program opens.

Usable and simple. makes life easier, not harder.

>Usable and simple. makes life easier, not harder.
and thats not windows and the mess they made of its UI

>ancient software is more optimized

The more people that ditch windows and use Linux, the morel likely developers will be to support Linux, and free API's such as Vulkan.

You can now, for the most part, 75% will run well to perfectly under Wine with DXVK for example. Even on Nvidia hardware. There's a small learning curve, but if you have any right to be on Jow Forums it shouldn't be much of a challenge to pick up.