Who's excited for 4.14? One week to go

Who's excited for 4.14? One week to go.

Attached: Xfce_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tsC4GXT6_88
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use KDE, old man.

Did it fix the numerous bugs that date back more than a decade ago?
If not then, no.

xfeces 4 12 is the least bug ridden de

4.13*

I don't see the point in migrating to gtk 3. Being a gtk2 de was what set xfce apart from others and made it better.

What's wrong with GTK3? Genuinely curious

There is no theming api. The only customization option are .css stylesheets. Also, GNOME devs actively discourage theming.

>theming

Attached: 1517931015484.jpg (387x437, 41K)

One of the reasons I ditched windows was the notion of devs thay they know everything better, so they give the user no options to change anything. A defining characteristic of GNU/Linux is , IMO, the vast customizability.
Sadly foot devs are as bad as microsoft.

>made it better
Inconsistent theming isn't good. You have to actively avoid gtk3 apps on Xfce unless you want to look at a pile of shit. Qt is better than gtk anyways.

Using Debian stable so at least two more years for me

XFCE is the one DE I found to have a good simplistic consistency for GTK2, GTK3, and Qt programs, rather than being an overdesigned mess that doesn't look good with anything.

I'll give it a shot because it probably runs better than fucking Ubuntu 18.04.

It will look exactly the same. It will work exactly the same. It is a minor bug fix version. They will bring out xfce5 in about 8 years

Find out all about it here
if you can bear to listen to this guy
The most BORING youtuber ever
LMFAO
youtube.com/watch?v=tsC4GXT6_88

>No fractional UI scaling

I'll stick w/ Windows.

Which decade old bugs (genuinely curious) ? The only thing that annoyed me is screen tearing which is now fixed in 4.14

>using a desktop environment
nigger pls

same

Attached: computerrage.jpg (428x424, 16K)

They spent three years on bug fixes?

just use MATE nigga

In what world is css not theming?

LXQt is where the action is.

Is this going to make it into xubuntu 19.10?

Yay

my first and only linux experience was xubuntu. it was simple and comfy. thank you mouse. i miss you.

Sent from my Windows 7 laptop that doesn't run anything else properly.

Why leave it then?

it was on my x201 thinkpad which i broke while trying to fix the charge cable.

To be honest W7 is the best fucking thing MS came up with since probably Win98. No problem there.

Just keep hold of it past EOL, I suppose.

yeah it's alright. i also need windows to run machine translation software like memoq, trados anyway.

Attached: 1564604345262.png (713x809, 81K)

Well, not very because I think most Xfce packages on Fedora are 4.13 anyway rather than 4.12 so I'm basically already using 4.14.

This.
Though lately most of the freetard devs like Linus want to end fragmentation and establish gn*me as the only desktop, when this happens I'm going back to winshit.

About fucking time. Almost 5 years since last update and what have they done since?

>wow guys we fixed the screentearing that hasn't been a problem for literally 95% of DEs for years
>b-but we have scaling now as well, doesn't work 100% but its there

Fuck, I wanna love Xfce, but this shit keeps me from using it.

Fractional scaling is a fundamentally flawed concept. There is no such thing as a half-pixel.
Using integer scaling and then fucking with the font sizes to get it right is definitely the best way to handle it, no matter what OS you're talking about.

tell that to display manufacturers that create screens with fractional PPI or different horizontal/vertical PPI

will next xubuntu make use of the final release 4.14?

Torvalds wands people to only use GNOME?
I kinda doubt that but desu Gnome is kind of the original ganoo de.

this. installed it with fedora on my x220 yesterday and it's incredible fast, even more snappy than xfce.

>Sadly foot devs are as bad as microsoft
They literally made an extension system that allows you to change just about bloody anything. You could certainly criticise Gnome for not providing menu options for a lot of things but the notion that it doesn't allow you to control its look and feel is just about the stupidest fucking misconception around.

That sounds bad. Do you have a source?

The moment you reply to basedjack posters they already won

>2019
>doesn't even have window snapping

Yikes

Attached: into the trash.jpg (871x1300, 331K)

But KDE looks like a shiny turd :/

> Finally, XFCE is ported to GTK3
> GTK4 releases this fall
OH NO NO NO NO NO

You can still use old shit software if you want, doesn't make it good

>work for years
>product is obsolete mere months after update

Xfcefags on suicide watch.

Attached: 1465226886378.png (457x477, 216K)

>and
source: your motherfucking ass
shut the fuck up if you haven't heard anything from his mouth dumbass

kek