Using a Dual Core CPU as your Daily Driver in 2019

>Using a Dual Core CPU as your Daily Driver in 2019

For fuck sakes upgrade already. A Quad Core CPU is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM you should use in 2019 with 8 cores being preferable.

Attached: coreletsbtfo.png (915x678, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/newsroom/2019/05/apple-introduces-first-8-core-macbook-pro-the-fastest-mac-notebook-ever/
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/27492/pentium-4-processor-extreme-edition-supporting-ht-technology-3-73-ghz-2m-cache-1066-mhz-fsb.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do MacBook do so well with dual cores and now quad cores?

How is Apple so based?

the real meme isn't coreletism
it's threadletism
>year of our lord 2019
>doesn't have a hyperthreaded CPU
intlets need not apply

6 cores isn't enough for 2020, 8 cores is the minimum

That picture is unironically obsolete

Cores are a meme and we should have never went to dual core in the first place

>t. intel marketing director

>16 CORE RYZEN
>single core clock speed still determines 95% of the performance
brainlet fever is catching

Attached: Capture.jpg (1160x499, 76K)

4c/4t is the king of corelets - since ryzen's release.
t. 6600k owner

thank g*d i don't gayme anymore. no need to ever upgrade.

Dual-core. Do more.

Quad-core? What for?

Attached: do-more-with-dul-core.jpg (205x320, 27K)

even coffee lake i3s have hyperthreading

Browsers and Word/Excel/PP don't need anything more than 4 cores

If you're playing newest AAA titles your 4 cores are still viable but it would not hurt owning a 6 or 8-core processor

Anything above is just LARP and dickwaving, if you have real jobs you wouldn't be on Jow Forums

>tfw main machine is a core-m 2c4t
Feels good not bring a consumerist pig
t. not a neet with reasonable income

Attached: 848af629a4621e3781069b094e2d91fa.gif (540x304, 2.18M)

my 4130 is enough for what I do though

There's no laptop with 8 cores

i don't play games. i just watch anime, listen to music, try and be productive.

I have a laptop with a 2c/4t CPU and it's slow as hell when browsing the web. How can people even use these things? I see tons of people on Jow Forums who have even slower CPUs in their laptop than mine.
I also went from a i5-750 to a i7-2600K a few years ago and you'll notice the speed difference. Thank god for the advancement in technology.

I could do all my Programming work on a 2Core machine in VS incremental builds don't gain from multi threading. 70% off the time my PC is nothing more than a fancy typewriter. 4C sunnycove is the best SKU for work. 3900x has more ccx to ccx latency then my old ivy bridge. so real mt workloads scales better with Intel. any application which runs better on Ryzen than on Intel has no shared state and will run even better on GPU. Most old software like Oblivion will crash on ryzen duo race condition.

umm apple.com/newsroom/2019/05/apple-introduces-first-8-core-macbook-pro-the-fastest-mac-notebook-ever/ sweaty?

The 2019 15" Macbook Pro has 8 cores so you are wrong.

please do the needful and keep your charts up to date sir.

Attached: corelets.png (914x678, 74K)

My 6600K is good enough for now.
I wait for AMD DDR5 processor (hopefully Ryzen 4000 in 2020, most likely Ryzen 5000 in 2021)

Indeed, longer bipeline was clearly the better solution

oh it's those throttling to 800mhz within 30 seconds.

Damn it. Now I have to Just Waitâ„¢ some

No, I will still use my C2D for browsing web, fuck off.

Hmm?

I would like the 32 core threadripper for training ML models. Would be nice desu.

>How do MacBook do so well
It's simple. They don't.

I rock a 3.9GHz i3-7100 hyperthreaded dualie, but I turn hyperthreading off because it's a security risk and I don't actually need it. The most stressful application I run is Firefox. I bought it because I know that the only thing I'm really feeling is single threaded performance and SSD speed, to upgrade from a 3.1GHz Phenom quad-core.

Every day I lament that I have a processor I would kill for a decade ago, to do tasks (display and edit images and text and occasionally video) that I could do just as well 2 decades ago, but our programming is so poor and bloated that it's actually necessary. I've just installed Kolibri (a 1.5MB operating system written purely in assembly) on my spare computer, it starts in about 5 seconds. A little bit limited though.

Attached: t1.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

You're right, it's a meme from several years ago when Ryzen first launched.

Because they made an os that runs on shitty hardware

>I rock a 3.9GHz i3-7100 hyperthreaded dualie
Me too. Surpringly good for being a 2c/4t. I get great performance in gaymes while typically only using around 20 watts. Kind of magical

A dual core intel beats all Ryzen CPUs in gaming

Attached: 1565028910421.png (898x882, 108K)

>For fuck sakes upgrade already. A Quad Core CPU is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM you should use in 2019
um, I know you are just idiot with no knowledge but dual cores are still good, it's hdd discs that are bad and need be changed to ssd

why idiots sperging about dual cores while they still are good?

I use dual core pentium and today I learned it's not good anymore

I NEVER NOTICED WOAH

8c WITHOUT hyper threading, or 6c WITH hyper threading?
wwyd anons?

Whichever's an Intel

Both are

>dual cores are still good
Keep telling yourself that you corelet. You are either a poorfag or an iToddler with a dual core Air

>checks his dual core i5
>it works fine on everything

what

It's about the bare minimum, i mean even i3's come with 4c these days.

kitty, I browse internet, use photoshop, blender and sometimes play games

don't tell me bullshit based on your meme knowledge

Mine is 6 cores and over 10 years old now. There's still no need to upgrade. Tech is stagnated. Moore's law is dead.

If you dont have over 30 cores youre a literal scrub! A scrub!

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Honestly that just means you aren't doing anything all that intense on your computer.

I assume you're talking about the Intel Core i7 980X, which isn't a decade old yet (it will be in early 2020), the FX 6100 didn't launch until over a year and half later in 2011 (only 8 years ago, not a decade ago)

In any case, a 980x looks like trash compared to the 9700k or 9900k.

Name ONE (1) >2-core processor compatible with Libreboot.

>(it will be in early 2020
it won't be until 2035 at best because software and systems are optimized for long term work, as I said, even pentium cpu's won't be dead till 2025 and maybe 2030 and SSD and ram helps too

I didn't say it would be dead in 2020, i said it would be 10 years old in 2020.

You're the one claiming you're running a 6 core CPU that's over a decade old, despite the fact no consumer 6 core CPU existed 10 years ago.

+ you people forget that even if windows will drop and dead them there's still long term service linux or EVEN windows 10

>Far Cry

Like clockwork

Attached: ACO.png (1402x1551, 38K)

6c6t is all i need my man

kitty, it's not too old, not in terms of operating systems, backwards support is still a thing and it will take another 10 years before they die

>AMD Spot

Stop posting

remember when this meme was made back in 2017 and 4c/8t is still recommended for basically 95% of games?

how's booting on your poozyn machines idiots?

Again, i didn't say that, are you fucking stupid or just incapable of ACTUALLY reading what i'm typing and just imagining something else instead?

This is the least readable graph I have ever seen.

seethe discord tranny corelet

>M-My cherry pick is better than yours

there aren't many sources that compare the i3 and the i9 (though there probably should be). I agree its horrible.

Stop posting AMD shill sites and we're good.

>Only my shilling is allowed

Kill yourself

No, I'm a NEET

>defending badly written software
Yes goys! Buy the new CPUs and RAM to browse the web because browsers are bloated now thanks to our wonderful diversity hires!

>d a i ly d r i v er

>what's your most successful career in life
>being a pro far cry player :)

Depends on what you're doing. I have an old core2duo laptop and it still runs fine for basic bitch stuff like web-browsing or word-processing.

I disagree. Ryzen 3600 seems like the best price:performance, and I don't think it being 6c/12t is really that detrimental. Plus if it actually ends up being a hindrance many years from now, you can always do a very inexpensive upgrade to a higher-end Ryzen 3000 or 4000 series by then.

Lol that chart has been around since ryzen 1 launched. 6700k is still doing great thanks for asking you dumb consumer whore.

you keep sperging it's too old

No, i'm saying you're a fucking liar calling it over a decade old >Mine is 6 cores and over 10 years old now

rajeesh fuck off, nobody wants to buy your shit

What about the ASUS U46E-BAL5, EEE PC 1201N, and Compaq Presario V6000 I have lying around with their i5-2410M, Atom 330, Celeron M?

forgot pic

Attached: cold boot eee pc seashell series.jpg (760x427, 51K)

but I have dual core not 6

it's enough for shitposting and running what I want

>itx 6800K build still chugging along
I see no reason to upgrade.

Then you're a fucking retard for replying in the first place since I obviously wasn't talking to you.

>I assume you're talking about the Intel Core i7 980X, which isn't a decade old yet (it will be in early 2020)
are you dumb?

...like I said the claim was >Mine is 6 cores and over 10 years old now
The i7 980x came out in march 2010. That's not 10 years ago, that's 9 years ago.

And the next 6 core CPU was the FX 6100 in late 2011. Making it only 8 years old.

Neither CPU is OVER A DECADE like the original post i'm replying to claims.

bla bla whatever it was not me anyway

Thanks for confirming to me once again, that you're a complete fucking retard.

Never reply to me or my posts ever again.

Attached: IntelAtomBomb-e1487119487960.png (525x368, 286K)

*pokes*

>1c/2t
Did something like that even exist?

Pretty sure pentium 4's were 1c2t

ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/27492/pentium-4-processor-extreme-edition-supporting-ht-technology-3-73-ghz-2m-cache-1066-mhz-fsb.html

Damn. AMD finally made it past Haswell's performance.

Only HT ones.