Choose a future:

>no ads, pay with full telemetry
>some ads (DRM, unseparable), pay with basic data
>massive ads (DRM, unseparable), critical/no data gathered

W3C is voting for a DRM future and incriminating the use, development, and publishing of website-altering tools.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x355, 46K)

I choose
>no ads
>no DRM
>opt-in telemetry
>100% FLOSS
>100% libre hardware

So technically 5 websites ever?

sounds good to me, 99.9999% of the internet is shit anyway

Think about it, no youtube videos, no banking software, no online forums (incl. chans), no CV websites like linkedin, not even email. Useless.

there’s a lot more onion sites than that.

but that sounds amazing

And no NEETbucks unless you have your life laid out in social media to prove your fiscal standing.

>no internet
solved

>and incriminating the use, development, and publishing of website-altering tools.
good fucking luck with that

>blind defeatism
Yeees exclude yourself from the fight and stop being a nuisance.

how about no NEETbucks altogether

Gorhill has a name and an adress, he can easily be shut down.

Shit websites that exist only to profit from normalfaggot data gone? What a deal!

see
Good luck

Every single one of those is doable through a separate software that doesn't need to run through a browser. Relying on browsers so much and feeding useless websites with ad money has stagnated software development considerably.

Oh cool running separate software outside of a sandbox.
And when that software needs root permissions and to scan your HDD for fingerprint?

not an issue if it's free as in freedom software

>no ads, use cracked software

you let this option out.

W3C is long dead, now it is a bunch of enterprise faggots shilling for google and various mobile providers.

Look on top of every RFC, there's a list with the name of the faggots of the proposals.

They won't release a FLOSS alternative and won't provide API keys. We don't even have FLOSS facebook/messenger wrappers and such.
>cracked
Cool and tons of devs get fined out the ass.
>long dead
They're literally being lobbied, being the only standards-defining committee, to make web browsing DRM the norm. Mozilla bent the knee to Google when they said they'd limit ad blockers.

>They won't release a FLOSS alternative and won't provide API keys.
then into the trash they go

See
Good luck not being part of society and going to jail, cause you couldn't get a job to pay taxes with, or pay your taxes at all.

Chrome is free but collects data (soon most websites go chrome only bc google pays them with adsense).
Anti-virus software is free but collects data (amazon purchase and browsing history). Which is why I dont use one. Even paid ones collect the same amount of data.

Soon all free options collect data. Alternatives that are free and dont collect data die out.

if that's what it takes to avoid botnets then so be it

You will literally go to jail, literally fingerprinted, assigned several identifiers, and monitored 24/7 by the botnet.

fpbp
There is a flaw in your first option: the value of data mining falls significantly if ads are not an option. It's still very useful to the right people, of course. Taking this into account, this option is by far the most damaging to society if you could actually make it work.

DRM, ads and data collection are bad and you deserve to fail if you rely on them. Knowing big companies, conceding to anything here guarantees a worse future for the consumer.

How about having sex?

I have sex with your mom every day. Now go take your your estrogen pills and do some wound stretching.

>having sex
with lolis

Attached: 69729016_p0.jpg (1448x2508, 1.09M)

Found the potential domestic terrorist

Rather a terrorist than a dilater

>you will go to jail for not using youtube
cool story bro

>make a product that nobody would actually want to pay for
>try to monetize it
>people think that's shit too, make software specifically to demonetize your work
Has any other industry been so cucked? Even TiVo eventually stopped their ad skipping function

I would actually prefer if you dilated thanks.

As long as the massive ads don't have malware I'd choose that future, it's a small price to pay to be free from the spynet.

What about
>no ads, pay with money
?

I'm totally down for that, but the world won't move to it.

>massive ads
>no data gathered

Attached: bateman.jpg (590x322, 212K)

Install Gentoo.

If it gets that bad I will stop using the internet. I will download a couple old games and cancel both of my fibre connections and shut down all my servers. By that point it's all ogre.

pick this:
>massive ads (DRM, unseparable), critical/no data gathered
then black-hole all DNS requests to ad sites.

>implying content and adds won't be on the same server at that point

maybe on big sites like YouTube, but smaller ones can't do smart ads without sending you to make requests to ad servers.
then there's browser-level ad blocks.

in the near future adblock users will just see a blank page on websites, no more "disable your adblock" or other bullshit message since it doesn't work anyways

>but smaller ones can't do smart ads without sending you to make requests to ad servers
>then there's browser-level ad blocks
There is for now but it's not like Google isn't trying everything it can to get rid of those and by the time things are that bad muh firefox will be nothing but a vague memory anymore.
And DRM will kill the rest. Let's face it we lost the battle for the internet or the battle for privacy a long fucking time ago. And unless the big companies all get broken up not just muh Google and Facebook nothing will change, someone else will just step up to finish what they started.

i'll just break ur drm lol

Boycotting the Internet may be difficult
I might have to end up buying my OS discs/USBs over the phone or in a tech store instead

I'd go with the third option: tons of DRM ads but no telemetry.
Ads are annoying, but it's nowhere near as much of a problem as all the data-gathering on every single person.

unless you're using chrome, google needs third-party sites to direct browsers to their ad servers.
they're not getting broken up. washington dc is a massive brothel and they'll pilpul their way out of ever doing antitrust hearings. unless you're willing to make a secrit klub like how Jow Forums used to be, and put a moderate technology barrier on accessing it, you're screwed. you can avoid the mainstream internet, but they'll accuse you of being a nazi and send their blue-haired human botnet to DDoS and infiltrate your site the moment you're discovered.

since ads and drm and telemetry go hand in hand, those are somewhat unrealistic choices.

>unless you're willing to make a secrit klub like how Jow Forums used to be, and put a moderate technology barrier on accessing it, you're screwed
I'm already doing that although not really by choice. I and a group of friends got sick of it all a long fucking time ago and build our own little eco system of websites and servers. When Google finally breaks adblockers I will just 0.0.0.0 literally everything but our own servers. I genuinely don't get how using the internet without adblock is possible let alone fucking acceptable to normies.

That and google getting broken up doesn't actually change the problem. Whether it's one company or 100 companies, they are all still run by the same people working toward the same goal. Just as amazon, google, and facebook are all separate companies, but they're lock-step in line with one another. Just having that but split into smaller compartments wouldn't change shit.

We need to fundamentally change what these fags can and cannot do.

Well yeah but since muh BiG gOvErNmEnT is spoopy and scary guess what's gonna happen literally never in the US? And I doubt Europe is gonna regulate anything anytime soon.

>website altering tools
okay, I'll just block it ad a hardware level. I only used ublock out of convenience.

enjoy getting blank pages on all the websites

showing no content for freeloaders is the future of web

Then I don't go on that site.
Simple as

Sorry I fucked up.
>Oy vey there was a problem we can't display this site to you

The point is the future for people like us (and trust me I fully agree with you) are dead websites with maybe 20 users that don't just give in to the ad companies.

like i said, you'll have to make your own dives on the internet and make it hard for normalfags to get into it. shut it down and start it back up the second normalfags find a way to get in easily. just being edgy isn't an effective barrier because SJWs will infiltrate your sites' moderation and other points of control. the easiest way i could see doing this is making hidden services on Tor that require a modified browser able to transmit a shared key to access the service.
there is far too much money to get these people to leave.

Sounds like heaven. Bring back niche forums and let the mass scale internet die to the advertising jew.

I don't know if everything degrading into even more of an echo chamber is heaven user.

>We need to fundamentally change what these fags can and cannot do.
Yeah, but this change won't come unless people actually demand it. I can't see a way to convince the masses that these things are bad for them, especially not with the brainwashing power the tech giants have.

You have a good chunk of people who love this and can't wait to run such a business themselves. Then there's those who just want to see the world burn. The third group doesn't care and the fourth thinks you want to trick them. And that's just getting started. The foundations of this problem's solution have been replaced by twigs. Radical changes have to occur that will dramatically change life in the first world, not just online. If we don't, this problem will consume society and the consequences will reach much, much further than people anticipate.

We need to educate people on what exactly is going on, but this simple thing is already made very difficult due to the unverifiable nature of some of the things that need to be presented; if they could be verified, changes would likely be occurring already. It's also going to be impossible to convince the majority to give up the conveniences that have in some ways become "required". Convincing them that these business models are harmful and immoral is going to be even harder.

Ads, and in some ways data mining have become established in the economy and the economy itself will shake if we start introducing changes we'd describe as positive. There's also the whole competition thing: you're never going to convince China to stop, for one.

It literally states ads are enforced via DRM and unseparable.
They will do it via proprietary API in every browser.

> they are all still run by the same people
> people

Attached: mpv-shot0002.png (1920x1080, 2.13M)

Telemetry as long as data is used purely for marketing bullshit