Hacker News is right you know

Hacker News is right you know.
We need to shut down Jow Forums also.

Attached: 2019-08-05-231419_311x246_scrot.png (311x246, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8irByPA40xM
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20617171
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Truth changes a man the same way war does

>to horrible inexcusable pieces of shit who I never want to have anything to do with ever again.
That's rather a bigoted approach, if anything.

Fpbp

Are you implying that Jow Forums somehow embodies truth? That's some we r anonymouse we r legion shit right there. Jow Forums is a place for alternative views, but it's no closer to being truthful than any other platform.

I've lost good friends to HN. They were mentally mutilated. At first it was monad blog posts and clickb8 but it went way downhill from there. I've watched that site cause the transition from normal, employed, reasonable, open minded, intelligent, happy human beings, to gullible, dim-witted DevOps monkeys who I never want to have anything to do with ever again.

It's not just that HN tricks people into meme languages and astroturfed shitware by YC startups. It inspires a hell of a lot of other once-reasonable people to be deeply and irredeemably dogmatic in many other ways. They think that if some wilfully obtuse cretin on HN didn't say it then it probably isn't true.

>all viewpoints are equally valid
kys. (Get it?)

Funny, Jow Forums’s the only place, online or irl, where I don’t feel lonely. It has given me good, non-sugarcoated advice, and made me a better person.
I don’t agree with him at all.

You have fully free will on what you post unless you post cp. Even if you get banned you can just reset your router to get a new ip.
There is stuff said here which is bannable everywhere else. Also we will never get the full truth it is impossible. But Jow Forums shows more of the truth with new ideas and ideologies. You have free will to choose what you believe is the truth or not. Other sites censor so it is harder for people to make up their own minds when one ideology is shown.

fpbp and checked
Can he honestly say the person in question was likable at the start? Maybe he was just afraid of being honest until he found people with the same views. If the poster's view of the guy has changed so dramatically, I'd wager Jow Forums is the least of his worries.

>bro maybe black people do commit more cri-
>WTF NNOOOOOO Jow Forums WHY

i think i do
k stands for kill
y stands for your
s stands for self
thus kys stands for "kill yourself"
you're telling him to kill himself
i think i get it

its funny how i can make a clear separation from the online world and the real world in my life.

He conflates being some armed insurgent with having incorrect social and political opinions

This is peak and (You) need to go the fuck back.

You're suppose to say "checked" newfriend :^)

>reddit
>putting a name down that seems like it would be reddit
>you putting it down and not memeing so it has to be reddit
Go back

>guns don't kill people, websites do!

*bans both*
heh nothing persincel...

You can use Jow Forums to broaden or to narrow your perspective. The choice is yours.

et voila, problem solved

Attached: 1560208713904.jpg (210x251, 9K)

>A friend started disagreeing with my opinions and that means he's wrong and a bad person!
Social echochamber.

This is true for Jow Forums, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. People get drawn into these internet echo chambers where they're exposed to the same ideas that just get reinforced over and over. They never try and escape and challenge their worldview.

It just feels so good having like-minded people just tell us we're right all the time. People start to reshape their identities around the ideas that make them feel like they're part of something.

>A friend started disagreeing with CNN and WaPo.

>hey bro this borrow che-
>DISCORD CHOP OFF YOUR DICK DILATE FAGGOT

Stop misusing poor Jow Forums like that you piece of shit

Too bad Jow Forums is constantly in disarray over everything and agrees on nothing. Even before Trump it was split heavily between lolberts and stormfags.
Now it's got everything, even old ladies.

>>hey bro this borrow che-
Please explain

Attached: 1551928822231.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

go back faggot

Hiro will probably kill all red boards soon

have sex retard

The left can't take free speech. They always want to censor. Don't see them talking about shutting down twitter or reddit. They can and do inspire the same negative shit. I've seen twitter's echo chamber radicalize people, just look at Alyssa Milano. Turned her into a wacko

I don't know man. For the longest time I felt trapped on an endless loop with Intel coming always on top. But lately things have changed for real. AMD is now a good alternative.

Go where?

Attached: 1554885650414.jpg (3330x3310, 469K)

I won't say Jow Forums isn't an echo chamber but not to the extent of other websites due to how threads shown. It's much less compared to only showing the most popular sentiment for a specific community. People call those websites hugboxes for a reason since identities or accounts are connected to their posts and most dont want to stick out.

Same is also true for those other platforms, from the macro view there are tons of conflicting opinions that can be found. People tend to lock themselves into the areas of thought they agree with. I'm sure many of the Jow Forums regulars go right to the cushy threads they're familiar with, maybe stopping into others to call people with different opinions a fag now and then. They don't argue with an open mind seeking to challenge their own opinions, they argue to be right.

Checked. FPBP

Fuck off back to r*ddit nigger.

Jow Forums agrees on nothing, they don't even agree on the holocaust anymore
It's an ideological fight club with no goal in mind

Attached: 1533566081217.png (1262x1630, 1.65M)

iv been on here since 2006.
I'm doing alright.

Maybe I'm wrong then, maybe Jow Forums is different in a way. I expected to see far more generals there than exist right now. I think having a "anything goes no subject too taboo" forum to discuss things could be positive to a degree IF there's an equal mix of open minded participants willing to discuss.

He's not wrong

This is 4channel, faggot.

Jow Forums is next (and 4channel for pretentious fags such as yourself)

dilate

If you let an internet site influence you to the degree that it fundamentally changes your perspective about life, then you deserve every bad thing that's heading your way.

Nah. Kys is kiss your sister.

Jow Forums isn't going to get shut down

That goes double for redditors

checked

Im saying all platforms are filled with trash, shills, people who try to push this or that agenda. Its up to you to filter through it.

I don't think the lack of censorship is relevant. With or without it, the community will cluster around a few beliefs and attack anyone who oppose them. You could say communities are self-censoring, it's in the nature of most but not all people. Reddit is infamous for general circle jerking, Jow Forums for alt-right ideologies and holocaust denial, facebook for anti-vaxers and flat earthers. They differ in sophistication tho.

I'm not going to doubt the guy's anecdote. Im sure something similar happened with many people, although I couldn't say in what proportion. Same shit happens on other platforms when a person comes into contact with a radicalized group. Jow Forums is just portrayed as the bad platform by the media, but im sure things on facebook are thousands of times more vile because of the sheer size of its userbase. Cp, gore and bullshit spreads so much faster there and gets so many more views.

Boiling that statistic down to race and ignoring historical, social and cultural factors is no different than flat earthers claiming the gouvernament is lying to you to profit off globes sales. It's the kind of low-hanging fruit that makes naive people feel smart as if they have a point.

>Boiling that statistic down to race and ignoring historical, social and cultural factors
niggers lamo

I have four friends who also like to go on Jow Forums. We're all in our mid 20s. We all have our own jobs and don't live with our parents. Two of them are engineers. None of us are far left or far right. None of us own guns. We're all (mostly) healthy psychologically. And we're all like this because we never gravitated toward new, or pol, or r9k or any of the other fucked up shit that goes on in this site. Jow Forums doesn't inherently fuck you up. People who are not right in the head will find whatever fucked up beliefs they want to find. Simple minds will fall for it.

Where else are you supposed to go to have reasonable discussion without the plague of power hungry mods and politics? Reddit is unreasonably left wing. Non anonymous forums are too cliquey. Where are you supposed to go?

I maybe six figures fixing CAT equipment and post on /a/ in threads about bolicemen. I own several guns, don't care for minorities, and have had sex.
What's your point.

is this another post from that thread
go back

>None us are far left or far right
Our race is in danger, become far right pls. Jow Forums is a board of peace, mossad is behind the shootings.

Hnews is full of the biggest beta faggots I have ever met in my life

>ignoring historical, social and cultural factors
This is just a white way of saying blacks are children who need to be corrected. We would be quite alright without you people constantly robbing us of agency over our own lives. That does more damage than anything.

Deep down, everyone is a horrible person. Deal with it.

vote system and registered users = quickly turns into circlejerking, "authority figures", moderator abusing features of the platform, et cetera. say you create a reddit clone, makes your community, it feels great at first but then you get the usual retards that hijack everything to self promote or push other agendas
tripfrens should be hanged too

Jow Forums is a place for people to shitpost about anime and tell people to install Gentoo, truth is completely irrelevant to the site irregardless of what the people kicked out of a containment board would like you to believe

ebin hax

youtube.com/watch?v=8irByPA40xM

>loses many reasonable, intelligent, open minded, interesting friends to Jow Forums
>doesn’t question his own opinions once
>le evil 4channel

Checked

Attached: 1564866218315.png (601x404, 176K)

The only good reasons not to have guns is if you can't afford them or someone won't let you.
Surely someone with your mental fortitude can handle them.

Checked :^)

Fucking go back

If you're gonna talk about mental fortitude, you should probably add that to your list of reasons why a person shouldn't own a gun as well.

I live in an area that is 90% rich white people. I have no reason to own a gun.

I see that people own guns as a statement a lot nowadays. I think they're a great hobby personally, and I would own a couple if I weren't a neet. It's sad to see that they're a fashion statement for some.

Based

Rust is a tranny language because it has a code of conduct.
Somehow it makes even less sense when I type it out.

I still don't get it

Attached: 1540582496175.jpg (6660x2170, 498K)

I completely cut off all contact to a good school friend after he became a Stormnigger, and I feel zero regret.

I stopped talking to my wifes son now that I hate women, he's transgender, and minorities, he's African American.
No regrets.

Attached: 1549638376247.jpg (1280x960, 955K)

nice straw man

>mfw stormfags bitch about this but feel the need to turn every single thread on every board into a hivemind circlejerk about their conspiracy theories

>reasonable discussion
>without the plague of politics
Are you sure we're talking about the same Jow Forums?

>mfw no face
Oh no, it's retarded

Neither of those magically turn people into insecure virgins.

Good luck, I'm behind 7 KFC buckets.

>It has given me good, non-sugarcoated advice, and made me a better person.

yes, in between the shitposting some of the best advice I have received here has been from completely anonymous posters
maybe some people are more fortunate, but I've found it almost impossible to get straight talk from real life friends and even family

sure that's all well and good but did you know the moon landing was faked and lizardmen are trying to take over the planet?

Hacker news needs to shut down first. "Anonymity breeds evil, especially Jow Forums", this is constantly shilled by brainlets.

Lets consider two situations In the first, Jow Forums is a clubhouse with an open door, and [your social media] is a clubhouse with a closed door guarded by cameras and sensors, big-corps who think they have monopoly on morality, and radicalized ideologist mouthbreathers ready to doxx you the second you give a dissenting opinion. Oh and you have to give your real name, house address, phone number, and fingerprint at the doors, and sign in blood that you consent to constant and permanent surveillance and data theft.

Hmmmmm. I truly wonder which clubhouse will attract the most diverse set of opinions and therefore the radical fringe elements of society. Weird huh!

In the second situation, you are the big boy government, and Jow Forums are the bad nono drugs. Of course you make the drugs illegal, but oh no! Why are there still drugs? Huh? You mean people will find alternative ways even though you made it illegal? What the fuck!

Okay, here's some. That won't last forever, rich white people can be violent scum too, violent scum can still have cars, and you never know when the government is going to ban the good stuff.

in my case, I managed to get some much-needed surgeries because of having extra money I got by listening to Jow Forums. There are shit places on this site like Jow Forums, but there are good places like this board as well, it all depends on how you use the site.

HN is curated and they have an interest in keeping the status quo.
Ever posted something and it quickly jumps to the frontpage even with only 2 or 3 votes? I have. I also had many submissions removed for no reason, it was not a duplicate or "illegal" repost, the subject was very mild, comments were healthy.
Not to mention they make Jow Forums shills look like babies. Post anything bad about MS or certain companies and it get downvoted to hell.

I've wasted my life on 4chniz with nothing to show for it. Even the NZ shooter made a small fortune from Jow Forums shit.
Maybe it's time to lurk Jow Forums

based
not that I think Jow Forums is "truth" lmao, but rather that if his reportedly intelligent and reasonable friends come to Jow Forums and then experience radical change, that must be because they've seen some serious shit in here that has changed their point of view
if I was him, I'd be hurrying to Jow Forums to see what it is that they saw, rather than running away from it and not wanting to know the thing that changes the minds of what he considers to be reasonable people

Attached: 1556479149018.jpg (500x565, 31K)

Free speech for me, not for thee.

Silly goyim.

Jow Forums and other chans are last places where freedom of speech is real not some fucking ecochamber where they all robots agreeing one with eacother.

>t. reddit

Don Hopkins is a bad poster who posts long samey offtopic posts. He couldn't make it here as a namefag. Thanks for porting SimCity to Unix - now fuck off.

Jow Forums is a dangerous game right now, I'd suggest waiting until the whole Tether thing blows over and then spending however much money you're willing to lose on a fraction of a Bitcoin so that you're more likely to make gains than losses.

please explain to me how it's "reddit" to use Jow Forums

Post the link.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20617171

this

easiest way to spot a redditor is when they use le Jow Forums boogeyman

Attached: reddt.png (1334x750, 962K)