Post boomer repellent

Post boomer repellent

Attached: 6E407537-0FE2-4ECD-81CD-D086D19093B3.png (336x287, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smashcompany.com/technology/docker-is-a-dangerous-gamble-which-we-will-regret
docs.docker.com/engine/security/trust/content_trust/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: fortnite-video-game-desktop-wallpaper-62261-64195-hd-wallpapers.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

Attached: zoomer technology.jpg (1354x404, 116K)

Replaced all the docker shit at my work with bash scripts once the last developer left.

Feels good man

Attached: candy.jpg (299x168, 12K)

that's the stuff

Attached: download.jpg (238x212, 9K)

>FB
Congrats, this is already out of date

I did Solaris zones. Get on my level.

docker will prove to be the biggest mistake ever invented for Linux. It will make Linux as unsafe as Microsoft Windows. You are right, as a boomer I will NEVER use that farty fucking shit software until it is proven to me that it helps stop the botnet, not promote it

boomer here. I play that shit. Won 20,000 playing it last year

Someone explain to me what is this as if I'm just a new guy on the block when it comes to programming

Its an environment that is kind of like virtual machine except that is easy to replicate and uses hardware resources efficiently (aka doesn't need unnecessary OS images, as it uses the underlying Linux Kernal)

As a result, you can have multiple images on a single machine, and add or delete them on the fly using things like Kubernetes or Docker Compose (container orchestrates)

These are useful for when you deploy your product, and are especially useful for scaling.

Anime

you left out certain facts such as containers being unsigned. The fact that it is harder to keep a track of what software is doing, the fact that there are serious problems implementing docker containers. In fact Docker is such a bad idea you should read this
smashcompany.com/technology/docker-is-a-dangerous-gamble-which-we-will-regret

eva is popular among shounenfags

come join us in 2019 sometime
docs.docker.com/engine/security/trust/content_trust/

Ironically, I say its the opposite. Zoomers fear the anime and invented their own "ironic weeb" issue. Boomers embrace it.

are you a scrum master or something?

Attached: faggot.jpg (306x459, 27K)

WARNING: Loss of the root key is very difficult to recover from. Correcting this loss requires intervention from Docker Support to reset the repository state. This loss also requires manual intervention from every consumer that used a signed tag from this repository prior to the loss.

It all sounds terribly terribly like the house of straw blown down by the big bad wolf

gen x here. what a shit game. I want to play a shooter, not minecraft.

>you can have multiple images on a single machine, and add or delete them on the fly using things like Kubernetes or Docker Compose (container orchestrates)

I do the same thing with ps, kill, etc. Get on my level.
Instead of writing stuff in Ruby that requires 20 machines and a broken OS-like "orchestration" thing why not just use C++ and deploy on a single machine without needing all this Docker and Kubernetes nonsense?

Computers have never been so powerful, but they need all this machinery because they can't write efficient SQL queries (or in fact use SQL at all). Unless you are Google or Amazon you can go a very long way with a boomer 3-tier architecture.

Children go outside and play

A whale carrying a bunch of shipping containers.
WHY?

Attached: systemd-command-1.gif (600x195, 7K)

cope

Containerization is just the latest installment of something that's been going on for decades. The IT and development world realizes that they've let their systems become over-complicated, sprawling, fragile, and difficult to manage. And then instead of doing the hard work of paring things down and simplifying they ask "Can't we just abstract it away?" Then they do that and get real excited about the current meme that's gonna solve all their problems. For a few years, at least, when it becomes apparent that it's not solving their problems. Then they restart this process.

only boomers use facebook
youtube is shit but it's not unusable and pretty much everyone uses it
aside from that it's accurate but I've never heard of grindr, what is it? looks like zoomer shit tho

Tranny/homo social media site like tinder.

It's like BSD jails attached to a deploy script, except marketed really well so everyone does it without thinking first. Really the applicable use cases are few.

Are you stupid? There isnt a zoomer who doesnt use it

I used it on personal projects and for internal projects for a while. I've moved on to using Nix to get the same benefits though.

Docker will go on the be a very useful tool for developers but will most likely not have a place on the production side.

You can run 3-tiered architecture in kubernetes. Or run the services in kube and the database on traditional infra. its value comes in scaling and developer experience

Docker just made containerization easy to work with. Containers are absolutely going to be in production environments, and have been at big companies for over a decade

> bashes docker to shill other garbage
Nix (particularly used with accompanying tools like hydra) is better than all of these bullshit solutions combined: docker, chef, puppet, terraform, packer, ansible, fabric, etc etc. What we see happening in the space of build systems, containerization, and deployment is this: there are hundreds of assholes and asshole companies trying to make some cash on a common problem, and they are trying to sell you on their solution, they try to make their solution easy enough to use but hard enough that they can earn money off certs training conferences and such, they also need to make it appeal more to board members than actual developers. So real solutions like Nix get thrown aside because they haven't really tried to make noise and sell their ideas, while crap like Docker, Terraform and Packer get used by thousands of startup companies that want to be trendy.

Attached: plzbuyme.jpg (1280x960, 78K)

facebook? lmao
are you a boomer or something? zoomers don't use facebook

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (471x381, 22K)

based.

placing everything inside a docker container is cancerous.

I love when a project has more dot files than code

Just get the hash bro.

Help us improve then my friend. make memes and improve nixops so its a serious terraform competitor, make less autistic front-ends and GUIs. Nix is still not normie proof even though its decades ahead of everything else.

Too long didn't read. Give me a summary please.

Cattle vs pets bruh.

twitter is faux-boomer/millennial technology

It allows you to easily replicate the environment your software needs to run and isolate it without the overhead of a VM.

And with Kubernetes you can orchestrate a cluster of several Docker nodes.

I was watching anime before you were even sperm in your father balls retard.

>I only recognize Youtube and Facebook
uh oh, I'm a boom boom.

Virtual appliances except less JeOS

>its value comes in scaling
What the fuck does this even mean

it covers your service in a layer of "virtual scales", protecting it from hackers.

When your system comes under heavy load you just spin up more instances quickly and easily to handle it.

>When your system comes under heavy load
It doesn't because it's not written in a zoomer language.

Redpill us on Nix user.
I'm a boomer and I'm about to start leaning docker and docker-compose.
I've used ansible before and it's a slow piece of YAML and Python crap.
I've used Puppet and it's a piece of Ruby and YAML crap.

But why is Nix better? They all look the same to me: you write your config in some file, and then some tool do the needful.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Attached: file.png (345x170, 14K)

there's nothing worse than hearing some fucking hack say "spin up more instances"

you can't spin up more instances if your system is under heavy load, because YOUR SYSTEM RESOURCES ARE ALL ALREADY BEING USED

you spin up more instances to handle the load, such as azure scale sets or AWS autoscaling

Attached: bro this is cringe bro do you have any idea how much of a cringe normie you are being right now.png (555x566, 377K)

wtf and I just downloaded the iso

I still don't understand the point of docker. If your code is breaking that much being ran on different machines, maybe you're just writing shitty code.

spoken like someone who hasn't progressed beyond hello world

The state of Jow Forums

>docker
Buzzword

>proxy.duckduckgo.com.png

noice

>rawr I'm a boomer, it's impossible to load balance
when i'm about to cum in ur mom i just pull out and tag in my buddy. Load balancing (and in your mom's case-- swallowing) is very possible

Why is grindr's logo a paper bag/ski mask? I thought it was a sex meetup app. Is it only for BDSM/rape fantasy?

Don't worry gramps, I'll get off your lawn.

gen-x here, absolutely hated it and returned to bf4

>The fact that it is harder to keep a track of what software is doing
Huh? Not containing services and making it easier for them to spawn and hide a backdoor process is better?

interviewer
>Can you explain what the name and logo are about?

Creator
>The word Grindr comes from a coffee grinder. We’re mixing people up together, a bit of a social stew. It is a little bit rough – not to mix, but to grind. Our design, logo, colouring – we wanted something a little bit tougher, rough. It’s also very masculine. It’s a masculine word, sound. We wanted something that wasn’t necessarily about being gay. It could be anything.
>We looked at this notion of meeting people and the idea is very much a basic human need to relax and to socialize. I went back to primitive tribal arts in Africa and Polynesia. One of the things I saw was these primal masks. It brings us back to basics, primal needs. Socialization is the basis of humanity.

Attached: 1470888392201.jpg (125x125, 5K)