>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1563909467046.jpg (1241x1755, 850K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-rx-vega56-8g-hbm2
fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/Gk39hy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reminder

Attached: kryonaut is good goy, just buy more of it, surely it was user error, try another 20 applications.jpg (2096x5376, 2.34M)

It's in front of a window, so I can't really mount it on the wall. Nor would I want to since I'm a renter.

>Why are you not spreading the paste?
It was spread, I put an even layer on the heatsink only and then put them together to observe how good the contact is, how uneven the dies to heatsink is.
The image is literally showing you why a small thin layer is absolutely retarded on GPU dies and thermal paste in general.
If you have too much it gets squeeze out, if you have too little youl get naked patches.

>You can't just do the dot method on naked dies wtf.
Did not use a dot. again used an even layer, much like in this image
and here

Gonna be upgrading my psu tomorrow. I’m fucking scared bros. I’ve never done this before I don’t know where the cables go and stuff.

Posted this in the previous thread and only got one reply, just want more feedback.

I have an i7-4790k with a 780. I think I can get away with CPU for a few more years, have it OC'd to 4.8 so I'm good. But I need to replace the GPU. I was looking at the 2080 but now the 2070 Super. Honestly, I'm just looking for a card that won't bottleneck me too badly.

tl;dr
>Should I get a 2070 Super or a 2080 or the 2080 Super to pair with my i7-4790k?

I want to do 4k but how well will it perform? Is it better if I just go for 1440p at ultrawide or just a 27 inch?

i wish i was an anime girl

Most cables only plug in one way, you'll be fine. Just be careful not to confuse PCI 8-pin connectors (6+2) and CPU 8-pin (4+4) connectors.

R5 1600 or R3 2200G?

I can buy the R5 for $5 less than the 2200G. They look comparable but the R5 has 6 cores which from what I can tell is better in the long run.

>I think I can get away with CPU for a few more years

NOOOOOOOOO GOYIM
YOU MUST BUY EVERY SINGLE INTEL CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY ARE RELEASED! WHY ARE YOU SO ANTISEMITIC?

Please respond, can that bent pin on the dimm slot can cause any damage?

Attached: IMG_20190806_000207.jpg (2976x3968, 2.85M)

1600X AND 1660TI MEME BUILD

WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR NON-REFERENCE 5700 XT, SAPPHIRE?
EVERYONE ANNOUNCED THEIRS ALREADY AND WHEN TO EXPECT THEM TO COME OUT

Glad I bought me some of pic related instead

Attached: 61L0S1BDM0L._SL1200_[1].jpg (1200x800, 98K)

I NEED AN X570 MOTHERBOARD CONFIRMED TO WORK WITH LINUX

Attached: 1557717995826.png (740x405, 437K)

Nah, it's bent outwards, which is the direction the DIMM will push it in anyway. Worst case is it doesn't make contact and you have to bend it back slightly.

>5700 XT
>2560 shaders in the year of our Lord MMXIX

radeon is shit

I'm looking for help, not some useless response. You can clearly tell that I built a higher end PC to last and it has lasted. When the time comes I will do a massive upgrade with high end parts but for now I don't want to have to replace an entire PC when the GPU is the only thing that needs to be replaced.

that's the same amount as 2070s

have lick nigger anus retard don't reply to me nvidiot

Is there any reason not to get a 2080 ti if I have the income and this is my first gaming PC?

You can make any paste look worse by applying it improperly, retard.
If you're going to give kyronaut shit, give it shit for how non-curing is not necessarily better in how it requires reapplication each year.

obvious answer if you have a gpu. wtf.

>i already have a fruit should i also get a banana
WHAT

>this mad that a 2560 SP card matches the performance of a 2944 SP card

depends on what you plan to use them for, for heatsinks, and heavily obstructed(dust filters, shitty angles for air flow) I highly suggest Arctic P14 PWM.
They turned out to be quieter/better performing than nocuta A14-FLX for my heatsinks.
They are a lot cheaper as well, the downside is that they dont provide silicone for anti vbibration but with the money saved you can get that if you want to.

>But try not to sand the lower part until is has parity.
What do you think I started off doing from the get go? The stock was even worse when I just started working on it. I in fact sanded the chip area to be lower so the HBM(which is lower than the chip) will get a slightly higher heatsink.

>Bro, you will need to have some TIM to keep testing.
Luckly I bought 11g of kryonaut and it's a shit performing paste, so I used/use it for contact patch testing and as a polish material.

>Tell us the name of the heatsink
That's sapphire vega 56 pulse.
Here is a sapphire vega 64 nitro+

Attached: veaga 64 stock.jpg (1954x1220, 668K)

>I don't want to have to replace an entire PC
YOU MAKE YOUR RABBI ANGRY, GOY

Attached: 1491438006013.jpg (207x243, 16K)

Yeah, I have an RX 480, I still don't know the answer. Yes to the R5?

It will reduce your footprint since it install directly on the mobo. The chips are no different than the ones in a 2.5" SSD. Up to you whether or not it's worth it.

The cables are the motherboard, cpu pin, pcie for graphics card and then the cables for case fans and storage right?

I was just wondering if they were faster or something. I found a vid and it was like a fraction of a second.

>muh forza

Attached: RTX-2070-vs-RX-5700-XT-vs-RTX-2070-Super-1080-benchmarks.png (936x607, 30K)

>You can make any paste look worse by applying it improperly, retard.
Kill yourself my dude.
I did multiple tests, many different application methods, many different application pressures, more paste, less paste.
and every single time kryoshit came out worse than nocuta, not only that but it degraded very fast at high temps 80-90C and by the next day it's performance was worse.
>If you're going to give kyronaut shit, give it shit for how non-curing is not necessarily better in how it requires reapplication each year.
I am going to give it shit in every way I found it shit. Which is shit price, 4 times more expensive, while having worse performance form the get go and getting even worse temps after a few days.

Get a 1660ti

Is cum thermoconductive?

Well it always feels warm when it lands on my face so yea?

The only difference is whether the M.2 is SATA or PCI-e. If SATA, no difference whatsoever. If PCI-e and the drive has a big cache, you'll see much faster speeds.

Most case fans plug into the motherboard or a fan controller, plugging them into the PSU just has them run at a fixed speed.
But yeah, the only slightly confusing ones are the PCI 8-pin and CPU 8-pin ones and even those are pretty clearly marked on most. Everything else is very distinct and has only one correct way to plug in, so it's very hard to screw up.

You might feel bad about it when a better card comes out for much cheaper in 6-12 months.

depends on your current SSD dude jesus.

>Overclockability doesn't matter!

>$700 8GB VRAM card for 4k
lol. Your best bet is upscaling from around 1620-1800p with RIS.

ok

I will save this and come Nvidia's next-gen launch I will post it every single day calling you to post the newer one to see if Ngimpdia didn't himp performance.

Anyone got their B450 Tomahawks bios finally fixed?

is 32GB of ram total too much? a bootcamp i want to take requires 16GB minimum and idk if I should go with just the minimum

Attached: Screenshot_20190805213231627_com.google.android.youtube.png (1440x720, 894K)

2070 super for total war 3 kingdoms at 1440p?

I just got 32gb for the lulz, but a good way to go if you have 4 slots is get 2x8gb and then add 2 more if you need it.

it gets a lot worse when you measure the power draw very accurately, for some reason vega has massive micro voltage spikes

Attached: vega power spikes.png (890x599, 104K)

Attached: 12111.jpg (713x331, 62K)

Best 32gb in dual stick format for 9900K and 3900X respectively? Looking to spend below 300$.

Is this shit fucking right?
sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-rx-vega56-8g-hbm2
I thought the Vega 56 was supposed to be power efficient. AMD says it would only draw 210w tops

Attached: Screenshot_20190805-231808_Brave.png (664x218, 28K)

SIRS PLES BUY INTEL

Attached: 1494886290711.png (633x900, 162K)

my dude? I replyed to you
why are you just posting it again without replying to me?

what happens if you only have 550W because you followed some minimalist retards' opinion?
does your pc shut down?

>modded
What does it mean? Why not just say OC like with the 2070?

Where? Perhaps it was in the older thread but I can't see your reply there either way bro.

Nothing good. People can and do get their PSU to trip the safety and shutdown your system because it thinks you system went into a shorty circuit.

Because it's not OCed, it's modded, as in hardware changes made to increase the power limit, and let it draw more power.
They did this to test how much the performance scales with more juice.
Just ignore the blue line and the modded one.
Look at the stock vega 56 in that image.
>Why not just say OC like with the 2070?
Because, it's not OC? I mean user, common.

look at the post it's replying to.

fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/Gk39hy
Planned upgrade, carrying over the GPU for now. What x570 mobo should I get for it?

Alright so where's the undervolted line?

The undervolted line has a lower average, but the spikes are still present.
Your over all power consumption goes down, but why vega micro spikes like that is a good question.
Feel free to contribute on this info though.
Though as I have seen there isn't a lot of people who do such precise measurements like here 10micro second interval.
Most measuring methods have much bigger intervals and so hiding these stupid spikes becomes easier.
Kinda like avg fps doesn't show how much a game stutters.

It's not so much that they usually gimp the old arch as they stop optimizing new game drivers for them.

280W is max power limit (if you manual OC and turn the slider all the way up), or peak power, or something like that.
210W is what it normally draws at most, as the TDP.

I'd get a better NVMe like the Inland Premium (afaik the P1 is actually slower than the MX500 outside of everything but sequential read/write speeds), cheaper PSU, and a cheaper storage SSD but otherwise a good build.

Cool 10 micro-seconds test on AMD. Anything on Nvidia? Just trying to be partial here.

Unfortunately the PSU and storage are a weird performance value in France. The 860 QVO was recently at less than 200e for 2tb but it recently jumped up, so it's the next best value I could find.
Thanks for the advice on the nvme, I'll change that.

Is this gpu: EVGA 1660 Ti SC Ultra Gamin. A good 1660ti?
I cant afford the msi gaming x

Attached: IMG_20190709_204012.jpg (346x262, 21K)

>Cool 10 micro-seconds test on AMD. Anything on Nvidia?
To my knowledge it doesn't have that behavior, from what I have seen. But I can be wrong as I don't have extensive testing to back it up, and if you do find info on the subject that shows otherwise, please post it, as I would want to read it.

OK thanks. Im not planning to over clock so I should be fine.

I'd rather lick the bowl of a public shitter than every buying AMD products again.

PC noob here. I want a gaming laptop and I was wondering if building would be a good option. I travel around a lot so my desktop is often not on hand, but I would still like to be able to play games when I am out of town. I know laptops are much more expensive to have the equivalent desktop specs, but a desktop would just be useless for me right now. I want it to be able to run any game out now on high graphics settings.

No idea where to start with building a laptop or if the process is similar to a desktop (never built a PC before in any capacity)

kill yourself tranny

>to my knowledge
You do have graphs for AMD tho. Why not for Nvidia?

Vega is a good example of AMD overclocking an inferior architecture way past its perf/watt sweet spot to try not to look several generations behind Nvidia's superior cards.

lose your only war to communists nazi

>You do have graphs for AMD tho.
>Why not for Nvidia?
Simply because people noticed that vega has micro spikes and recorded and documented it.
My guess there wasn't interest in nvidia because it doesn't have that behavior.
But I get you, more data is always good and having the same testing done on more cards can only be a good thing.

the best part is people suggesting to overclock it further while undervolting and then comparing to stock nvidia GPUs, only stock nvidia gpus.
Really confusing.

Get whichever is what the 1660 is normally priced at in your country. There's no reason to pay a lot for a lower midrange GPU.

The thing with this is that a good PSU isn't going to trip a safety just because it went over current for tiny intervals.
Even an average 500W PSU should handle that.
No. Navi and Turing both don't have that problem.

>people
You mean Nvidia shills?

>EVGA 1660 Ti SC Ultra Gamin. A good 1660ti?

No. Get the 1660ti Black for $30 less

>The thing with this is that a good PSU isn't going to trip a safety just because it went over current for tiny intervals.
No, that's exactly what they would do. The whole point of safety nets like that is that they detect massive spikes that happen fast and they stop shit before it burns out things.
Any PSU that doesn't do that risks having a pointless protection system which lets your components burn out instead of the alternative.
>Even an average 500W PSU should handle that.
I am starting to question you.

You can't hardly overclock Nvidia GPUs since Maxwell. They're extremely locked down, and typically scale worse with frequency increases than AMD cards for what little bit you can even increase it, with the exception that some 1080Tis which had special manufacturer BIOS.
Wouldn't be confusing if you had a brain and if you knew such basic shit as this.

Best value x570 mobo?

the one with the features you want at a price you're willing to pay.

>No, that's exactly what they would do
No that means they're cheating to get their efficiency rating with shitty components and cheap tricks.
A good PSU shuts down merely because it's reaching heat limits, not because it goes over current for a few milliseconds.
You can run those 420W fanless seasonics at 800W as long as it's not sustained with no airflow. They don't just arbitrarily shut off like a Rosewill.

God damn. Did they seriously use a single flat plate to interface dies of different thicknesses?

igor labs is nvidia shill?
Gamers nexus is nvidia shills?

>You can't hardly overclock Nvidia GPUs since Maxwell.
Yet you can and a 2060 OC will outperform a vega 56 OC/undervolt.
Yet you wont hear about that, people will instead tell you how a vega 56 is basically a 2070 or a 1080.
Yet a OC 2060 is closer to either of those.

>They're extremely locked down,
No more than navi is right now.

>Wouldn't be confusing if you had a brain and if you knew such basic shit as this.
I am sorry if life is simple to you and everything is solved to you by "it's the work of nvidia shills".
Feel free to one day come out of your comfort zone and face the world where you have to think and not just fall into comfy rationalizations.

Oh, it's this shill again.
No one likes you.

This only works if the PSU is overbuilt. If any of the components in the current path aren't rated for said current they will deteriorate even if the heat doesn't get too bad.

>God damn. Did they seriously use a single flat plate to interface dies of different thicknesses?
Yes, that's literally how it is for all vegas. They just add a bit more thermal paste and hope it does the job.
could be worse.
Here is how AIB partner vega cards looked near launch, I kid you not, they didn't even think about this shit and applied a small even thermal paste layer and the HBM chips where completely exposed.

Attached: jesus christ how horrifying.jpg (3240x2176, 1.43M)

>he disagrees with me and calls me out on my bullshit, he must be my nemesis
I like the part where you didn't respond to anything and just gave a non answer.

>2400g build (2 x 8gb 3200 ram OC'D to 3200 cl14)
>buy v56 sapphire pulse from amazon, "used but very good condition" for £225"
>install it
>PC wont post but leds, fans et al work
just fuck my shit up

No way, its 50 usd more.

I can afford one of these.
If its not even worth do i have any other options?

Attached: IMG_20190805_201757.jpg (1080x1103, 196K)

either the gpu is dead, or your PSU is too weak. Also have you tried clearing your CMOS?

"Best" x570 boards start at $200+

They are all shit value.

yep, put a jumper on the cmos pins and it didn't help, I even re flashed the bios afterwards via msi flashback
used gpu, not even once

would like to add to this that supposedly the height difference is 40 micro meters, however form personal experience it feels more like 100micro meters
But that's just me eyeballing it and form my tests, not from actual precise measurements.

Attached: Vega_10_Pack.jpg (762x401, 48K)

What mobo?

what about a different PSU or a different computer?
I mean it's most likely the GPU being dead or something, but we aren't at the 100% sure mark, yet.

z390

Probably need a bios update

b450 tomahawk
I mean I can ask my """friend""" to test it for me (re: guy at my corner shop who fuels my alcoholism) but i'd rather just send it back
idky my pc is dead now though, was fine before

for a 2400g?

>companies can't mill their heatsinks to fix the height difference using machines
>they can't mold the package either
>retarded autist using his fleshy eyes and shaky hands does it with sandpaper
makes you think, makes you think

Attached: 6.jpg (6471x1969, 3.41M)

>I mean I can ask my """friend""" to test it for me (re: guy at my corner shop who fuels my alcoholism) but i'd rather just send it back
idky my pc is dead now though, was fine before
Wait, it actually killed your PC and your old GPU no longer works on it?