10% of all desktop users don't have a proper maximize button

>10% of all desktop users don't have a proper maximize button
And they say we have bad software? lol

Attached: green-maximize-button-os-x-window-bar.jpg (306x286, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r5g_gs6nnyo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>clicking colorful buttons like a toddler instead of using the keyboard

A window should always take up all available space if it's the only one in a workspace.

This is a fact.

You can use the keyboard too? macOS is underrated in how fantastic it is. That's by itself. Relative to it's competition then it's light years ahead.

That's what it does with the green button.

>what is a toolbar
If I want to maximize, it doesn't mean I don't want to see my toolbars, it means I want to use all the space between. If I want to use the entire fucking screen, I'll use the full screen option.

>full screen
>now have to move mouse around just to see basic things like time
the fact you're defending bad software is hilarious.

does macOS finally allow you to drag/resize full-screened windows, or do you still have to minimize and then move?

>using the maximize button
>not just dragging the window up to maximize.

I do have to say, those buttons are fucking aesthetic. the arc-flatabulous gtk theme pulls it off well imo
>tfw use tiling wm so I can't see the pretty buttons (yes I know I could enable window decorations, but I wouldn't use them anyway so no point) :(

Attached: arc-flatabulous-dark.jpg (800x450, 49K)

Why are you checking the time so frequently?

If it's fullscreen using the green button then you have to minimize it and move it around as it goes fullscreen into it's own "area".

>That's what it does with the green button.

Call me when osx can support more than 2 windows in a non-retarded way

Attached: 2019.08.05-17.23.10.746708107.png (2560x1418, 1.76M)

mac has objectively shit window/desktop functionality though. There's a reason why every macfag always has a bunch of windows littered about sporadically, like a mess of unorganized papers, because it's the only way to sort of cope and see what you're working with

They STILL don't have snap functionality, ffs

So to answer my question, that's a "no". It's annoying how you have to take two steps to do a simple thing like that instead of just dragging the window from fullsized to wherever you want.

I use Spectacle which enables Windows-like window management functionality and hotkeys, but it's no excuse for macOS shitty functionality as it should do it by default without a 3rd party app

>using a floating window manager

I don't think he means go into fullscreen mode, just maximize the first open window by default.

I could get into that, but then what should happen when you open a 2nd program?
Un-maximizing the first will be confusing, but overlapping is also not ideal.
Maybe double-click to open maximized and single click to open in split-screen mode using up 50% of the remaining space? (ie: left half, then upper-right quarter, then left half of the remaining space, etc, until you double-click to fill all remaining space).

>using the keyboard in 2019

fuck off phoneposter

>not ever doing anything productive on his computer apart from flicking around Jow Forums, a file browser, a terminal and a media player using a TWM in the basement all day long

>I could get into that, but then what should happen when you open a 2nd program?

the screen automatically splits either vertically or horizontally depending on what mode the window manager is in right now.

>drag window to the top
done

nice projection.

>giving a motherfucking flying fuck

Please tell me the revolutionary new way you use a TWM other than what I just described. Every fag with i3 has a HW monitor, a media player, a terminal and a web browser, maybe even a text editor. What the fuck else are you going to do with it that is outside the realm of an complete autist?

Usually I have a web browser, ide, and terminal open.

With these, I do - wait for it - work.

The TWM is nice because it manages the windows for me so I don't have to.

Just because all you've seen is ricers on Jow Forums doesn't mean that's all there is. Imagine thinking peoples screens always look like they do in desktop threads. You fucking brainlet.

What you're describing is the average computer user. Do you think people who use Windows and Mac don't also ONLY use a browser, a music player, and maybe a text editor? What software you use doesn't matter. Except that tiling window managers are superior for daily use and customization.

You're acting like using i3 limits you to certain software and housing lol. Using linux in general does that but only for mainstream things like video editing or games.

You're a macfag, aren't you

I always 'ave over 10 windows open, this would be hell to use desu

>what is a scratch pad
>what is a workspace

>>what is a scratch pad
cmd+m
>what is a workspace
would have to open a workspace for at least every 2 windows, not very comfty, would get frustrating to search for specific window

this is why I use spectacle

>raging nix'ers
Yes no shit if your work involves one of the few functions a TWM performs then you can work with it, but for the 99% of the world that do other work on a computer, it's beyond worthless.
I use the whole trio of OS's in many flavours as do most people in my company, still won't catch any of them with a TWM in Linux because it's niche irrelevant bullshit compared to a GUI desktop environment

>>would get frustrating to search for specific window
>doesn't know how to search for a specific window
you can't blame the window manager for your own ineptitude.

>workspace for at least every 2 windows
the fuck is your resolution? 800x600?

>one of the few functions a TWM performs
managing windows?

>GUI desktop environment

holy shit you have no idea what you're talking about

Attached: 2019.08.05-18.20.44.616546437.png (827x450, 126K)

Even worse, there are THREE different buttons for extra control, and every application uses some random variation of them. On Windows and Linux, most applications are SANE and use the control button for shortcuts. Mac OS? lmao, it's a guessing game every time.

Attached: mac-option-command-keys.jpg (650x300, 28K)

that shitty cloverleaf button is the worst too. copy and paste functionality is fucking shit because you have you scrunch up your hand to hit cloverleaf and C,V, instead of just comfortably keeping your hands where they are, holding Ctrl with your pinky, and hitting C,V

ctrl is in the wrong spot too, should be on the edge instead of fn.

oh yeah, I forgot about that.
And then there's the issue that all the function row keys are useless because they default to dumb shit like volume and brightness

I don't think anybody would argue that osx's keybindings aren't pants-on-head retarded.

>pounding on plastic keys like a monkey instead of using speech

>using voice commands like a 65 year old boomer

>I’ve never heard of chunkwm on mac

Super+f

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1554171149901.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

pic related is ok but i prefer visual representation of cmd+tab -> cmd+1

baste

Hold down Alt while you click the green button. Poof. Maximized. What's the issue?

Yeah, just maximize the window! Look at how gorgeous this marvelous white space looks like!

Attached: bug-in-windows-10-redstone-4-rtm-crashes-settings-520744-2.png (1252x673, 206K)

pin pong, we have a winner

Attached: 1802089-botan.jpg (720x540, 265K)

What's wrong with being white and being (in) space?
Check your privilege, negrobigot.

Hahahahahahaha fucking garbagio

>pressing X has the same effect as minimize just that it doesn't create an extra icon in the dock

(e_e)
That's absolutely disgusting

>doesn't understand why
low iq

ikr? i noticed when i was younger and instead of fixing that they attacked the green button

wat?

Dilate, tranny.

another low iq poster

>applel

Attached: 1560052124344.webm (1764x1080, 544K)

That's really handy.

youtube.com/watch?v=r5g_gs6nnyo

>Googtube
Cringe.

see

>keeping a feature from the 80s that is there because of hw limitations
>b-b-but muh legacy

Umm no sweetie I use a split mechanical keyboard with handmade wooden caps

Attached: wow.webm (1280x704, 1.3M)

>mactoddler
>takes 30 seconds to type 4 words with 20 mistakes
YIKES

You seem to have a problem reading and writing. The problem is that it full screens instead of maximizing. I don't know what you're trying to communicate.

And I see that keyboard is getting to you lmao

>full screens instead of maximizing
What the fuck is the difference, and why in the fuck should I care? If you want the app to occupy the entire the entire screen you simply press the little green circle

Stay mad winshit

Okay, then where's the button that allows me to maximize?

How did she become the face of btfoing iToddlers

>using software so cucked the only thing you can boast about is the maximize button
here's to the rebels

Attached: Forty_keks.jpg (600x528, 49K)

And one day, you shall learn how to use computers, op. Hang in there!

Attached: 1553882840810.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

We love you Satania!

>taking that long to type that
Were you nervous, user? How many takes did you do?

I've had tiling, but I generally prefer floating over it. Fight me.

Attached: WL4p4gr.jpg (1008x1200, 211K)

Why would I want a full screen button on my 27 inch display?

as someone who has switched to linux from windows, i now understand how it makes sense for a program and its window(s) to be separate things

happened to be a suitable reaction from an airing anime, people liked it, so it got reposted
story of many a meme

Not them but at work right now (windows 10) I have web browser with three tabs, phone app, Outlook, radio app, excel, company app, another company app, camera viewer. These are just the stuff I keep open windows all the time because I use them every hour not everything I use. Currently looking at satilite tracking in the browser while phone posteing.
Posted from my phone.

You literally typed 4 words in 20 seconds. That 12 words per minute.

>30 failed double clicks
>10 words/minute
another nigger that confused tech with muhbling.Rope yourself Tyrone

you genuinely made that look hard
i hope for your sake you're shitfaced drunk