Apple destroys end to end encryption for 3rd party messengers

twitter.com/moxie/status/1158852855291269120
>PushKit is the only way to do e2e encrypted messaging in iOS. If they take that away, they're disabling the ability for messaging apps to function with e2e encryption. I don't see how Apple can frame that as "enhancing user privacy and security?"

in response to this
theinformation.com/articles/facebook-hit-by-apples-crackdown-on-messaging-feature?utm_source=hackernews&utm_medium=unlock

Attached: 1*q3LoiZIBRrcpXidOld9E8g.png (700x364, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monal.im/blog/facebook-ruins-this-again/
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/08/ios-13-privacy-feature-will-force-total-overhaul-for-facebook-apps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*ahem*

Attached: 1535870384609.png (313x291, 134K)

If I have an iphone why would I ever need anything but imessage? I'm never going to talk to people that cannot make blue bubbles.

>why would I ever need anything but imessage
one could argue that this is exactly what Apple wants.

Ay yo, you know what to do.

Stay asleep sheeple

(((Apple)))

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1538916319614.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

Telegram niggers on suicide watch.

Meanwhile, LINEchads keeps on trucking.

Basing

>line outside of japan
cringe

Does this also affect applications such as Monal or ChatSecure which utilizes the OMEMO encryption protocol?

Yes. See monal.im/blog/facebook-ruins-this-again/

Thank you for the information.
These are dark days.

apple knows whats best for you don't worry.

How can you prevent e2e encryption on system level?
Just encrypt it in your app and send binary blobs.

iOS isn't like Android where you have free reign to do a lot of what you want.

I actually read the article (which is paywalled by the way you retard). What the fuck does restricting background VOIP have to do with removing e2e messaging?

Why they cant just do encrypt_shit(data,key)?

If digits /v/ leaves Jow Forums forever via permaban

Nothing; OP is retarded. In worst case it breaks decryption of messages when messenger is disabled, but you're not supposed to use it anyway (what does VOIP have do to with text messaging?); for presenting decrypting push notification contents there's special API

So apple prevents you from sending binary blobs or what?

These shills are so annoying. I hope you get paid for posting these (paywalled by the way) threads for Facebook.

You would think Jow Forums would value privacy but as soon as it says Apple their groupthink kicks in.

"The calling feature in these apps runs in the background even when it’s not in use, ensuring the apps can connect calls faster but also making it possible for them to perform other, unrelated tasks such as collecting data. Now, Apple is restricting that background access so that it can only be used for internet calls."

You really want Facebook to run in the background to make your experience "faster and convenient"? Seriously? You trust Facebook to run their apps in the background ALL THE TIME?

Jow Forums is full of pseudo intellectuals who don't know anything about anything. Saw people complain that Apple didn't allow exporting your Apple Card data to other apps until they found out that these companies sell your financial information behind your back. Complete fucking retards.

because they're s:o:y:b:o:y:s and the only language they speak is JavaShit

op is a retard
you can even do e2ee with fucking discord as a user, i can think of no way apple could disable e2ee messengers even if they wanted to

Because they're trying to farm data and play victim when Apple takes away their toys. I remember Steve Jobs said the exact same thing. Where an app gets rejected or cracked down on and the developer runs to the press and gets their fame and thinks Apple is going to back down. Fuck he even said that his peers look at Apple funny because they're so adamant about user's privacy.

>The Information (company)
Jessica Lessin, a reporter for The Wall Street Journal, quit her job in June 2013 with the goal of creating a subscription-based news website for tech-based executives.

>Jessica E. Lessin is a journalist and founder and editor-in-chief of the technology website The Information. (Born Jessica Elizabeth Vascellaro May 11, 1983 (age 36))
In 2012, Lessin married Samuel Lessin, a former Facebook VP and current startup founder and investor. A child was born in early 2017.

Go fuck your OP you stupid uneducated fuck. You would think Jow Forums was smarter than this.

maybe he is in Japan user

>Go fuck your OP you stupid uneducated fuck
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/08/ios-13-privacy-feature-will-force-total-overhaul-for-facebook-apps

Better, you angsty faggot?

Still has no bearing on e2e besides some literal who on twitter talking out of his ass. Back to r/technology, faggot

S&H

>some literal who on twitter talking out of his ass
>moxie
ok

b

>PushKit is the only way to do e2e encrypted messaging in iOS
No, PushKit is the only way to do encrypted push notifications.

This is fucking nothing.

Attached: based.jpg (800x640, 485K)

>PushKit is the only way to do e2e encrypted messaging in iOS
So, I am not an iOS developer at all, but... can't they just use an open source crypto library?

This, OP is a raging homosexual

All Signal needs to do is say "You have a new encrypted message" in a push notification. In fact, that's always how it should be.

t

Reading English is very difficult for pajeets

Attached: 638BA5BE-2CC8-43DA-9A1C-51447FDFDAAF.jpg (1542x408, 91K)

Based