I hate the open office concept

it's pitched as a way to facilitate communication between co-workers but it only saves money for the employer, while disrupting the workflow of individuals who actually do the work
fuck millennials and their social-network-is-everything culture

Attached: open-office-space.jpg (780x433, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rstb.2017.0239
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

everybody hates it. it's not done for benefits for the worker, it's done for benefits in cost and also for being able to watch what people are doing easier.

it's done for benefits in cost and also for being able to watch what people are doing easier. everybody hates it. it's not done for benefits for the worker

also it was boomer HRs and managers who started this. millennials hate it the same as all workers do. this is a management decision.

Worst part is that it makes it harder to put my hands on female co-workers. With cubicles im like a wolf in the middle of chickens

these offices introduce so MANY FUCKING CONTEXT switches

fuck doing any work there because people will walk up to you every single minute of the day asking you trivial questions

no wonder there are so many mass shooting right now

just lean in on them when you're pointing at their computer. put your arm on their shoulder and lean over them, putting your body all over their body. turn your mouth towards her ear when you speak as well.

Where I work now we have open office but it's limited to 8 people per office maximum. I've found that to be really nice actually, reminds me of my uni days a little. I used to work in an office that had 100 people on the floor, absolute cancer. Wore noise cancelling headphones literally all fucking day. Look at facebook's shit, I know this motherfucker's pain.

I also worked one place where all the desks were in long rows like a classroom kind of like OP's pic. Quit almost immediately.

Attached: 1553154178387.jpg (1440x900, 633K)

in order to tolerate this i'd have to sit at the end of the table with my back to the window and I'd still seethe constantly over having to see my coworkers faces

how can I walk way with it if they complain to HR I'm being too touchy?

Attached: file.jpg (234x250, 4K)

lmao you think this is bad you should try hot desking

>black lives matter

>tfw my boss aggressively looks over at my screen every few minutes to see what Im doing

I am so jealous of people angled away from him.

Attached: 1551058170971.jpg (750x750, 42K)

Just become the HR

that's even stupider
why would anybody who's not a diversity hire accept something like that?

Attached: file.jpg (640x1015, 77K)

If you're working for a company that does this quit because that is some terrible jewishness.

just threaten them and make sure you know where they live

bcg does hot desking, you don't ever have any assigned desk and have to find a new one every day

It helps make slavery look less isolating and alienating at least.

Attached: texas-chain-gang-1874-granger.jpg (900x761, 318K)

All studies about open-office designs show that it is a terrible design. It increases employee stress and drastically lowers productivity while increasing company costs.

royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rstb.2017.0239

Attached: 1472177441646.jpg (492x259, 43K)

What is hot desking

having sex at the desk

something you can find out with a 10 sec joogle search

>t. virgin

oh boy, you're in for a treat of a lot of replies

>incels on Jow Forums

Working on a hot desk. Some employers don't want people resting on their desks, and so use heated desks to stop it. It sucks.

Like normal except your desk is really sexy

>implying I didn’t ask for the delicious (You)’s

virtual helmet of office reality is future
the Matrix- next

yeah but look at those quads i got

imagine how easy it will be to sexually harass female coworkers when they're blinded by VR

Yeah those really got my nips hard.

It's when you try to arrive early in the office to avoid beig boxed in by randoom pajeets that somehow manage to smell like tires in the desert and think that covering themselves in baby powder will mask the stench from a lifetime of soaking their hands in curry and shit.

This works great if you work in a place that isn't shit

>employees are restrictive on interrupting you. They will only interrupt if they are stuck.
>usually send messages on slack or email if it isn't urgent, despite sitting 5 feet away
>employees don't bother you with weird noises, smells, or loudness
>everyone has some project or task to do
>everyone can context switch no problem because they keep notes on what their doing

I work in an open office with 6 people + me on the most full days, in a medium sized room, and love it. Was working in a cubical for my internship and it felt so soulless.

These guys have nice chairs tho

Meh, I don't hate open offices but I don't love them either. It mostly depends on your company/team size. And also, you can't possibly argue that OPs pic and are the same, Facebook seems like an absolute shithole while OPs pic is okay.

Companies should have dress codes.

>open office
>not libbie office

Attached: intro.png (661x169, 44K)

I agree, but it shouldn't be more than business casual wearing a suit sucks and dry cleaning is a waste of money

just wear your office blinders, goy

Attached: office blinders.jpg (880x713, 70K)

37th post best post

I've worked in cool ad agencies for about a decade. They all had open floor plans.

I never ONCE benefited from them vs. a cubicle.

We dont officially do hot desking, but management doesnt want to spring for new desks so if not enough people are working remote we end up doing it anyways.

God, once my contract is up im bouncing this hellhole.

Nice autistic rant, we don't care faggot, and this isn't a technical thread. Slit your wrists and die, you worthless autistic fuck.