Coreboot and libreboot compromised by nsa

>coreboot and libreboot compromised by nsa
what now Jow Forums

Attached: 1551265120311.gif (540x501, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/nsa-contributes-low-level-stm-coreboot,39704.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how?
though it wouldn't really surprise me

I too love making claims without any sort of sources.

Counter point:
>coreboot and libreboot not compromised by nsa and op is a fag.

Thabk god we got that sorted out.

The only reason retards claim coreboot's compromised by the NSA is because the NSA has contributed to coreboot's source code. As a result, tinfoilhat freetards think it's as HIV-infected as Charlie Sheen.

doesn't matter
NSA is already operating in ring -1

The NSA has contributed lots to OSS and free software and every time autists on Jow Forums sperg out because not a single one of them can actually read source code which is one of the primary reasons to use free software

>security agency cares and contribute to security projects
wow must be a backdoor or somethin

Why don't you just

inspect the code yourself?

Attached: 1556431676231.jpg (645x773, 36K)

If the NSA is taking time to openly contribute to coreboot/libreboot then the more likely reason is because they know the manufacturer BIOS/FFI is insecure.

Because why put in effort when entities I deem undesirable shouldn’t be contributing in the first place

you realise they could easily contribute code without using their real identity or nsa email address, right? but they didn't.
ultimately, an identity check is not a real security measure. reading the code is.

pull request from [email protected]

The last point still stands. Read the code and reject anything obscure or unnecessary.

>glow niggers in defense mode
Did you forget
if ((options == (__WCLONE|__WALL)) && (current->uid = 0))
retval = -EINVAL;

It literally takes two lines to undermine this whole FOSS garbage.

I don't think it came across real clear when I made it but that post was somewhat sarcasm
You make a point though and people would rather someone like the NSA to just use non-identifying user/emails so they can remain in blissful ignorance and still believe their wholly wholesome software project isn't compromised
Auditing is the only way to make sure something you don't like isn't there but bitching is easier

This. Like someone here could find some crypto backdoor or whatever.
That being said, it's better to have more eyes on the code, but it's not a silver bullet especially if you can't read and understand everything... Just remember shellshock or heartbleed.

Newfriends should not take into account anything spergs here say. Just think about it, offending people who ask questions to learn, acting all high and mighty because they have time to RTFM. Top achievements here are endless "ricing" of desktops and jerking off to bar graphs. Full Dunning-Kruger effect.

>Read the code

Have you?

it's not like they haven't put backdoors that have gone unnoticed for quite some time in foss projects before.

Attached: Screenshot_20190807-184651.png (1437x2048, 1.16M)

>you realise they could easily contribute code without using their real identity or nsa email address, right? but they didn't.
ohh but they do user. the nsa email addresses are just a distraction from the truth.

why should we put any trust into an organization that we didn't even know existed until a couple of years ago

No because I'm not sperging out about nsa hacks with spurious claims. If I gave a fuck about it, I'd read it.

Nice screenshot. Be real fuckin cool if any of you in this thread could provide a link instead of shit you typed in MSPaint.

Not them but I did. Not because muh privacy but I was just interested how things work.
Reading code and trying bits and pieces, reading docs will teach you way more than Rajesh's 67th YouTube video on how to set up something.

the two lines that never made it into a kernel build or the primary repository? two lines in the kernel? all it takes is a single line in the kernel, the kernel can do what it wants. are you trying to say that this is an issue? what is the alternative? unless you build all your hardware and write all your software yourself, you necessarily trust someone to not put backdoors in your system.

delivering bc op is brain dead
>tomshardware.com/news/nsa-contributes-low-level-stm-coreboot,39704.html

The S in NSA stands for security.
Security has been compromised.
also sky is falling.

National
Surveillance
Association
yikes

>No Security Allowed
dear god, it always was a big jew scheme, shut it down fast, FAST!

I know, I said it here
They will honestly contribute but they will also try to subvert the system especially something like coreboot or crypto stuff.
Point here is if you know anything about security and by that I mean you know how things work on technical side, just stop sperging about security Just because you use free software. That's just dumb.
All open source projects used by millions are jucy target to hit. Happened before, will happen again.
Learn something and actually contribute instead of acting smart on Mongolian yak milking forum.
Not directed at you personally, just train of thought

It doesn't fucking matter. We're compromised at the hardware level with both AMD and Intel. Blobs are fucking everywhere, it's time to let go.

it's fine as long as i don't get datamined to oblivion

Attached: 3595_kO6ST58l.png (600x600, 124K)

I remember that. = instead of ==
Sneaky sneaky.

My privacy may be compromised by unmitigated hardware vulns. May as well run windows.
Regulations allow maximum levels of coliform bacteria in drinking water. May as well eat shit.

My thinkpad is 100% libre free GNU freedom. Nobody can hack me. Its corebootedб intel me disabled and installed gentoo on it. I love freedom and nobody spy me. I use full control of my PC.

There isn't a single fucking person on this board or probably the planet who can pick through every line of code and claim there isn't some injected shenanigans