PHP

>PHP

Attached: Capture.jpg (1006x849, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wCZ5TJCBWMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there a reason people still use PHP?

I don't understand what value it has aside from laziness.

Because PHP has become an industry standard, unlike Node.js.

It's a cool programming language not some shit level Django rails

OO is easier for normies to learn than functional
the lifecycle of a php request is easier for normies to grok

what is this thread, single name and that's it, disappointing

It's easy to use it to make something that, while it's wrong, insecure, unmaintainable and slow, does the kind of thing you want. Pair that with how easy it is to host and you have an ideal language for people who just don't know any better.

newfag to programming here. what is the "modern" alternative to PHP?

fixed 0 of 62 vulnerabilities in 20610 scanned packages
1 package update for 62 vulns involved breaking changes

so... whats the modern alternative to php?

C#

Somewhat modern, properly compiled languages.

This exchange perfectly encapsulates this board.

But yeah user, probably like Node.js or .NET core, but honestly if you're more comfortable with PHP, use PHP. Don't listen to the autists.

Attached: 1521039685122.png (648x598, 508K)

for a web backend either Java or Node.js, in some rare case it will be in .Net
for the frontend either Angular, React or Vue.js

other language are for legacy projects and neet/pajeet who learn to code on stupid blogs

Attached: 8d58101425c9ef1829213979739b3e96da9b23195573cac9ef15cd947d65e506.gif (313x470, 86K)

You can you the whole new age Node.js stuff, but PHP works just fine. A lot of big companies still use it.

Go

>working in openspace
>some boomer devs on phone with clients
>they are asking all day the clients about when a value need to be set and why
>boomers coding if/else for handle every case
>be me with a cs degree, having to learn design paterns and other modern programming stuff to get my working class salary as a junior dev
>all that work to get half of the boomers wealth
>all they do is programming if/else case in PHP all day

Attached: 1511752391160.jpg (1024x792, 615K)

yesod

>slow
Faster than python, as fast as Node.js
>unmaintainable
>insecure
>wrong
Don't write shit code

>while it's wrong, insecure, unmaintainable and slow

this can be said for every language when someone who doesn't know it properly writes the code

Java is dying .Net is retarded and Node.js is a meme.

java is still one of the most used language with js, maybe the sons of your sons will not have to learn them

Attached: 1466977522123.jpg (600x598, 51K)

they'll probably work on the same codebase as their grandpa

True, but PHP makes the obvious way the one that fucks everything up.
If I let an absolute beginner make a website in ASP.net with Razor as the view engine, I can be pretty sure that there be no XSS in the HTML. That's because Razor, by default, escapes every variable you output. That's a GOOD

EVERY PHP program written by beginners, in contrast, has XSS. All of them. The intuitive way, to just output the variable, is already a big security issue. You just have to know that you have to escape every variable before outputting them in HTML via htmlspecialchars: The default behavior is the insecure one. And even if you know, you must never, ever forget.
Even today, many PHP developers can't do that. They either escape at the wrong level (PHP, the language, has misled many programmers into believing that you must "sanitize" strings and that they then become safe) or not at all.
It's pathetic that PHP, a templating engine first and foremost and a programming language second, is so awful at the thing it was made for. When a templating engine gets so bad that you use a templating engine within it, you know it's an epic design fail.

Oh, and CSRF... ASP.net also defends against that by default, while PHP just lets you get away with it without even a warning. Seeing A CSRF token in a PHP form is an absolute exception.
Usually, you only see it in forms generated by frameworks, but PHP developers like to disable them because they don't understand them.

XSS, SQL Injections, CSRF... In no other language is it so common to find these problems. It's not just because PHP developers are, for the most part, retards. The language is designed to make people fail.

You can write good programs in PHP. I can. The ecosystem is mature and Symfony 4 is an amazing framework. But the language is a minefield for designing slow and insecure by default software. And the fact that any HTTP call, file operation and SQL operation blocks the entire program is a design fail.

>frameworks
>ASP.net
Shit nigga, I hope you have a backup career because it looks like you barely write any code, whenever AI gets good enough to make websites you're kinda fucked.

Also nobody uses PHP like that anymore, you use unsafe ways to output variables only when building the page, the content is transmitted in JSON with AJAX and you let the front end format it.

I used ASP.net purely as an example. Did you serious not understand that?

And if you seriously think that everyone is doing single page applications nowadays you are so misinformed that I really don't know what advice I should give you.

>Everything is shit
Go develop in binary then you cuck. You probably don’t even code.

good luck trying to use PHP for anything else than websites.

Literally just WordPress
>industry standard
For WordPress, yes.

all 3 of them (java, .net and php) are equally shitty and equally good

and if you're using asp.net as an example of security then you are retarded

>Literally industry standard language for mobile development
>dying

OK.

>.Net is retarded
It's also fuckhueg in enterprise applications because muh Windows dev environment. It has its uses

>Node is a meme
>Using one language that every single webdev already knows, for both frontend and backend with minimal downsides is a meme

Laravel

Attached: 1564898580564.jpg (1299x1600, 166K)

>all 3 of them (java, .net and php) are equally shitty and equally good

Not really. The other languages aren't full of insecure by default garbage functionality to trick people into doing the wrong thing. Because boy, PHP is good enough at that for three languages.

PHP was designed specifically for the web, yet it is SO fucking awful at it. Add an HTTP library to any existing, general purpose language and it does a better job. You'd think that being a special purpose language for the web would give PHP ANY advantage over other languages, but no. Even the core devs of PHP don't understand security. They actually thought that magic_quotes were a good idea or that there's nothing wrong with register_globals. Why?

Let Rasmus Lerdorf explain it himself: youtube.com/watch?v=wCZ5TJCBWMg
PHP was never invented as a programming language, it started out as a terrible templating engine for C and was then bastardized into a non-programming language for non-programmers. Security was never once considered, Rasmus only cared about non-programmers being able to easily release broken shit with it. PHP hasn't recovered from this even today. Yes, you can use it securely if you don't use it as a templating language at all and you know all the pitfalls in the standard library, but why would you, when there are safe by default options? PHP's lack of safety doesn't buy you anything, it's not even fast, unless you compare it to CPython or something.

>if you don't do things the hard way you're doing it wrong
It can't be long until people like you start calling themselves "artisan programmers".

Attached: 1560946450142.jpg (1024x580, 70K)

>javascript frameworks

Attached: 1545932375092.png (684x529, 119K)

The thread is about web backends m8, Java might be good on mobile but Oracle stop giving a shit about it a long time ago and also the only "good" java server left is glashfish and you can't really execute it on a small VPS because it needs tons of resources just to run its management interface.

Nobody gives a shit about Windows devs and you don't want frontend retards anywhere near your back end code.

>talking shit about my boy jboss
>might be good on mobile
mate, you're wrong on all accounts. Who even renews your shitposting license?

Attached: version.jpg (327x316, 99K)

Dunning-Kruger: The Post.

Why don't just stop samefagging and instead try to run Java on a VPS, jboss is actually dead and its successor is a joke.

>seen the graph several times in the past
>finally learn the name of what it is earlier today
>also learn about the Baader–Meinhof effect
>mfw see this post

Attached: 1561737717703.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

Go.

Im learning Python redpill me on Django is it worth learning or a meme?

everything is a meme

Django is unironically good.

I fapped to this so many times back in the day...

I would suggest flask for small projects, but yeah django is good.

Whatever is most cost effective everything considered, any other response is wrong.

Sounds like you don't browse reddit, else you'd know alllll about the Reddit-Krueger effect. Good for you if so, user.

The h'wat