Android is such a shitty platform that VLC is the only good video player for Android after 11 years

11 years and VLC is the only good video player for Android, and it even works well enough for your music.

What does that say for Android as a platform? That nobody cares about developing for Android?

You'd think VLC would be one of many good video players for Android by now, but there's nothing else that comes close.

Attached: vlc.png (300x300, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shuttlemusicplayer.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably because the demand for video players isn't that high right now. Next to no one downloads movies/tv shows and transfers them to their phone to watch, they just stream that stuff, or like in my case watch live tv through their cable providers platform and have access to all their vod and stuff through that

>even works well enough for your music.
No, it's also the only good music player. VLC is just great and it's very hard to top it. The reason the software situation on android is shit is because everything is an ad infested or DRM infested cashgrab garbage made by toddlers who don't care about software quality, or just a shitty online service. And open source projects don't have enough money to pay for shills, so they get less users therefore less money. You're at least lucky to have a large FOSS community which pushes better quality apps than 99% of the trash you'll find on play store.
The situation isn't better on iOS because anything that becomes remotely good gets shut down by Apple so that Apple can make their own alternative. Any other app on iOS is the same garbage as on android, or just an alternative GUI for the Apple apps.

it just works. I also use it for desktop.

Started playing with Android for the first time in years (now that it's on Switch). The app selection and quality is as abysmal as ever. Still janky shit compared to iOS.

>janky shit compared to iOS.
Lel. iOS is infinitely more shit than android.

>I also use it for desktop.
bad idea

cellphones aren't exactly where people really care about quality
vlc does play video and audio, and that fact alone is enough for such a platform

Anyone who knows anything about Android uses Mx Player.

mxplayer exists since forever and shits all over your freetard shit. mpv has an android port as well I believe.

i don't see it on f-droid, what repo is it in?

Google repo.

>Mx Player.
Sorry, pajeet, I don't use botnets.

>using a player other than default Google Play
What am I supposed to do with useless junk default apps then?

Spyware

Why would you watch video on Android?

I just use MPV on Android. MPC on Windows.

predictable. anything you don't like is spyware.

Android has a lot of great FOSS software. But you have to find their website/repo. Most apps in the play store are slow, ad-filled pieces of garbage that are probably just outdated forks of said FOSS apps, modified to be worse.

Cracked version without analytics is on mobilism. Be autistic somewhere else.

mx player is shit but there is nothing better on android tv unfortunately
I’m using it as a external player for emby

VLC is pretty shit. Can't even increase playback speed without audio skips/interruptions.

Even MPV-Android can handle that.

why?

player that netflix use for playback will be the best I think

On Android Tv use MPV but not the newest one, it's buggy as fuck.

> it's an op has no idea what he is talking about episode

Based /tv/

Attached: 1565181876140.jpg (477x359, 20K)

I mean he's not wrong, unless you count MX Player which is adware.

People outside of India don't use their phones as their primary video watching device.

Who the fuck watches downloaded video on android i used it only for a movie once and thats fucking it

simple gallery shows all the videos I need.

I used to until it started taking forever to load, switched to mpv and haven't had a problem since. I didn't dislike it though

>best music player
That's Blackplayer.

>Blackplayer
kek
Isn't that the one that doesn't even have ReplayGain support?

Just use Foobar.

There isn't even a good open-source music player on Android.

Your perfect video player could already exist. How would you even know? How would you find it unless you happened to hear about it or see someone else use it? The play store is garbage(by design.)

mx player is way better

shuttlemusicplayer.com/

Oh okay. I'll check it out.

garbage compared to VLC

True, but VLC is also a music player and has more features.