There is no aicraft board so i ask here

there is no aicraft board so i ask here.

what would happen if i fly an unregistred 2000lbs home made aircraft using the transponder and registration number of another aircraft?

Attached: fighter-jet-pilot-takes-selfie-warplane-france-india-exercise-pictures-garuda-1675705.png (550x545, 517K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-51HB2PYVxA
controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/25264339/2016-autogyro-calidus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Things are only illegal if you get caught doing them.

Dod f1s will take care, sweetie! :^)

what is it?

You only need a transponder if you're not flying in Class E airspace. You don't even need a radio.

im in Europoor, the regulation says that anything that flyes with a motor needs a transponder and a radio.

Well there we go boys now cloudflare is going to shoa us too

you cant build a home made aircraft OP

Wright Bros will like to have a word with you, faggot.

>Wright Bros
was a fully founded industry do you have founded industry?

>2000lbs home made aircraft
You'll explode in flames before you even leave the ground

Well, I have not but it still possible if you know the technical shit about it.

why bother if you have so much to invest in something that you have already in tech.
if you have a new model in mind i get it...
but you think it will be better than modern aircrafts?

Just steal the whole plane while you're at it, you get a nifty conversation and some internet fame out of it.
R.I.P. Skyking ;_;7

Right, it's just better to buy.

What have you flown so far?

why did you go from 3000lbs last time to 2000lbs now?

couple of LSA

Mom said she didnn't want to come with me on the maiden flight

Nothing until someone finds out about your craft. Since it's (probably) illegal, if it is traced and found, it and all of your gear will get confiscated and you get a real hefty fine.

this thing can turn on a dime

youtube.com/watch?v=-51HB2PYVxA

it is possible but what the point?

I live near a small airport where a bunch of "small goverment freedom loving foxnews" boomers own airplanes and they fly their airplanes illegally out of annual and without flightplans and with expired medical certs all the fucking time and I have never heard of one of them getting busted. And I do mean all the time

One of them tried to land at some big airport and I'm not exactly sure what he did but he fucked up pretty big by landing in bad weather or calling a fuel emergency or some other bullshit and he barely got in trouble and still flies

Which regulation? That isn't true in every country. Many many aircraft don't have transponders or radios.

>fly their airplanes illegally out of annual and without flightplans and with expired medical certs all the fucking time

maybe they have special treatments consider they have money to own a privet jet

nah bro lol, these guys own ratty cessna 170s and can't afford to do the yearly maintenance required by law, that's why they are always flying illegally

There was a time when you could buy a plane like that for $20,000 but now just an engine rebuild on one of them costs more than that and literally just having a mechanic go over it every year and make sure it's legal to fly and has all the right instruments and updates can cost thousands of dollars. Also you have to get a medical checkup every so often and they don't like doing that. These faggots could not afford to own a newish corvette much less a jet

i dont get you
do you even have the knowledge to build a fully functional aircraft from scratch?

A friendly chat with your jolly neighborhood FAA investigator and his chum, mister CIA'DEA-DHS'DIA-DOD FBI'ISR-NSA'TFI (He's Polish)

Followed by an all-expenses paid luxury vacation at the tropical paradise resort Guantanamo Bay!

im not op im just some random user telling OP that I am not sure what would happen to him for flying an unregistered aircraft but I do have knowledge of people operating aircraft illegally pretty much out in the open all the time and nobody gives a fuck.

from what I can tell the faa only cares if you put other people at risk such as flying into big airports or charging passengers, if you just get in your small car sized airplane and go fly around for a few hours alone and put it back in the hangar the swat team is not coming

If it involves a radio frequency or airspace, in America at least, I think the FCC wants to know about it and you're supposed to do some kind of paperwork or application. I know that some places, or some airspaces require you to have approval just to fly a drone there, so I would imagine an ultralight or anything bigger would need some form of approval

register it as experimental. or as an ultralight.

Depends on your country, I guess. I worked for the Air Force in an European country and have been responsible for correct radar data interpretation. As soon as some object with a transponder but without flight plan schedule appears, people are starting to call people incl. trying to make contact to the pilot. If radio fails, visual contact is made, usually with so-called alpha squawks (read: fighter jets). If you pose a threat and do not react accordingly, leave designated air routes or act unpredictably, you're forced down to the ground, one way or another. Even balloons (which normally don't have transponders) are quite easy to identify, and an airplane without pre-flight route negotiations is seen, tested and reacted upon very quickly.

>there is no aircraft board

Building a homemade balloon isn't hard and doesnt cost much to mantain

you live in an awesome state user

You can do a blimp.

just a fine? no jail?

>what the point?
having fun with a homemade aircraft that would otherwise never be allowed to fly?

France requres them

Two F-22 would shoot it down
NSA will locale your ass
And the FBI will arrest you.

Attached: british paratrooper.jpg (700x467, 40K)

>you cant build a home made aircraft OP
challenge accepted

Attached: Cloudster.jpg (1024x506, 156K)

>implying we can afford to have two F-22 airborne at the same time

im not going to go without flight route or radio, im just making my homemade aircraft appear like a registred legal one

why dont you just actually register it you fucking mong. if it's under a certain weight it's an ultralight.
also you dont need to squawk a transponder for VFR. You dont need even need a radio in uncontrolled airspace.
(which should be changed IMO, but retarded boomers still like to endanger everyone)

Not him and unrelated question:
I always read that they try to contact the pilot/ send warning signals to the drone/ communicate with the plane. How they do that, is it like a (one channel communication/ universal channel, etc. ) so that they can communicate with any object or drone?

this
unless you go in controlled airspace (very high or near big airports), you don't need a transponder.
Most pilots don't even bother to turn it on when not needed.

> what is the experimental aircraft Association

Nice digits. And they'll try to reach you on the guard/local radio frequency and if you don't acknowlege them then they'll make a pass in front of you. If you dont want to get shot down you wag your wings and follow them to the nearest airport.

do you even know how to avionics?

/o/ may know more about this

Here buy this safe looking aircraft and fly it. What could go wrong?
controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/25264339/2016-autogyro-calidus

great do you have some shekels to spend on a small garage dedicated to build a Jet engines
Sure, a little 3D printer and gasoline will suffice

He's saying you should livestream it.

The only avionics you really need is an airspeed indicator depending on the mission and the airspace you're flying in.

As far as gyrocopters go those are the top of the line.

You can build a small plane from plans for pretty cheap. Its going to be an ultralight and not be able to do much but it can be done. No ones talking about building jet aircraft.

Unironically you can by a kit plane called the sub sonex thats a jet powered homebuilt, although it will cost you around 300k.

Depends on what you do with it and where you fly it.

>homebuilt
>avionics
install gentoo

>moving the goalposts

>he doesn't build his airplane from scratch
never going to make it

>OP says "aircraft"
>retardo starts babbling about jet engines and avionics
Don't you get tired constantly moving the goalposts like that?

>do you even know how to avionics?
Here's your avionics bro

Attached: 03-10-2011-104648PM1.jpg (1188x1771, 664K)

did you build an ultralight in the 80s?

>you wouldn't download an aircraft

not tech
report % sage
another fag pipedream

you'll probably get better answers from or