>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1565189342028.jpg (1757x1129, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/p/N82E16812162026
pricespy.co.uk/computers-accessories/computer-components/graphics-cards/pci-express/geforce-gtx-1660--cv3380
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=swapgs-spectre-impact&num=1
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just bought a monitor, a G225F what's the best GPU for it boys?

Attached: 6S0ap.jpg (1200x675, 94K)

>buying CRT in the year of our lord 2000+10+9

Attached: 1540527702020.jpg (640x640, 38K)

8800gtx

huh

2080 ti

the mobo I plan on getting only has 2 case fan connectors (microatx) and I want to have 2 intake + 1 exhaust
newegg.com/p/N82E16812162026
how do these things work? One fo the male connectors is 3-pin, will this cause any trouble for two pwn fans?

what is the best b450 board to run the r5 3600

>what is insanely quick response time
Even TN panels get like 5-10ms average real world GtG response times.

From where?

it's not like you could see the diff

I always wanted a CPU large enough to kill someone with, that's why I use TR4.

Aren't they all sketchy af?

Anyone running Asus b450f in ryzen 3000?

Actually you can especially when the frame time is higher than the response time. Basically you'll notice pic related when doing any quick movements. Think of it as a shittier version of motion blur.

Attached: images (1).jpg (270x187, 11K)

>Only one of the male connectors has the full 4-pin structure for complete PWM function (the other is 3-pin with speed detection pin not present), thus there will be no interference when using two PWM fans.

its literally written in the item description
does nobody read anymore

tl;dr the 4th pin is to detect fan speed and you only need to detect the speed of one fan when using the splitter

Attached: c1.jpg (800x344, 148K)

Can someone answer this please ?

>replying to trolls

pricespy.co.uk/computers-accessories/computer-components/graphics-cards/pci-express/geforce-gtx-1660--cv3380

I read it but I didn't really understand it, thanks for the clarification.

>It's not like you can see a difference
Oh man user, if only you could see it, it's like saying "it's not like you could see 120hz". Like holy fuck it's so clear and smooth

Just from Ebay, only played 20 for it

not sure if i'm being b8ed into buying CRT
where can one find such screens nowadays?

Irish poster from last thread I've made a minor adjustment to the list (see attached image); cheaper SSD (besides gaming, the PC will not be used for anything more intensive than bog standard office work).

Attached: Annotation 2019-08-07 191047.png (934x613, 82K)

>Drop the 3600x and go for a 3600
>Wait for the b450 max motherboards
Thats really about it.

I like the X's better stock cooler; it's only £30 more.
As for waiting for cheaper motherboards, this is for an insurance claim; my last desktop got totalled by a severe house leak.

Fuckin finally it arrived. Took a goddamn month to get here. Could've waited another month for the 3950X, but I'm happy with it now.

Attached: IMG_20190807_142546-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 1.39M)

Ebay, but this one is a 2048 x 1536 monitor, so the higher the res, the harder to find. But CRTs are also disappearing so it's going to be hard to get one, so its better to stick with an LED

Attached: 20181113_215233.jpg (3264x2448, 3.07M)

>Tomahawk max comes out
>Saw the price bump by 15eur because they saw it was trending
Reeee

oled is a thing now though an oled TV would be much cheaper than a monitor ironically

don't these screen burn images super fast?
would suck if one browse the same sites too often

>Could've waited another month for the 3950X
the 3950x won't be consistently in stock until january 2020

>a while fucking month
Great to hear you finally got it

Would I have any problems overclocking 3600mhz C17 memory on a Tomahawk motherboard? I'm going to be using a 3700x with it

First gens did but modern ones have better mitigation against burn in. Something about shifting the image around a bit after it detects idling. It will still get noticeablr burn after a year or so if you use it as a fucking picture frame but as long as you don't do something as retarded as that you'll be fine.

your wait™ game is weak

Attached: just waiting.png (297x276, 63K)

OC ram isnt always a best strat. You can but that can deteriorate its lifespan worse than GPU/CPU. That also depends on how much you push it. You can't really stably OC 3200mhz to 3600mhz (example)

fuck it
bought a 3600 and a 1440p monitor today
there goes 400 quid

>G225F
i bought the msi b450 bazooka plus they all should be fine. specially you can do bios updates without ram cpu or graficscard installed

based

>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)

What can I trust?

I know, I mostly mean just tightening up the timings and maybe clocking it to 3733

your resident amd and intel shills ofc

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=swapgs-spectre-impact&num=1

latest intel mitigation is 1-5% slower performance

>>G225F
What did he mean by this

>be europoor
>miss deals
>be sad and don't upgrade and just wait
>also can't make up mind on parts
The ride continues

Attached: IMG_20190807_172444.jpg (362x454, 122K)

Making a new build after almost a decade. Should I finally move to windows 10? Can I disable telemetry?

I want to build an private VPS for vidya serwer n'shit. is anthlon 200ge + 8gbx2 2400mhz ram fine for that?

>tfw you will never be born royalty

they're all shit, wait for b550 or buy intel

openbenchmarking

If he does get intel he basically only has 2 options tho: get fucked or get cucked

see 30+ security mitigations + no HT needed for basic security on inhell processors

>buying intel in 2019

why shouldn't I use speccy?

>Amd
Buggy bioses and bunch of fuckery

>Incel
Bunch of security patches but at least it works out of the box

Whoever you pick you get cucked it seems.

>Whoever you pick you get cucked it seems.
not with zen+

>buy previous gen amd
>don't get bios fuckery

But i barely play any games in the first place for the past 2+ years. I mostly do work in Dedicated 3D, Source, and the Adobe Suites.
Cheaper than the air version + better airflow and LOADS of space for drives, cables, and the PSU
NEVER EVER EVER buy Turing for Future Proofing. There's literally no justification to buying paperweights of it's magnitude.

if you buy gigabyte motherboard be really careful of what you touch in the bios

I'd honestly rather have buggy bios rather than have my bank account siphoned

What mobo with R5 2600 ?

>if you buy gigabyte motherboard be really careful of what you touch in the bios
Why? I love tails?

>Bunch of security patches but at least it works out of the box
and 2-4x the price
and it keeps getting worse while amd improves with patches

b450 tomahawk max

>Liquid cooled
>Better air flow

Attached: 1565035978797.png (374x347, 162K)

>cant post with my AMD ryzen 3600
Uhh

I love my vega 56!
If only there were good modern games

>Still shilling for Navi
Stop embarrassing yourself AMD nigger.

>Living with a constantly crashing system and having to update your shit constantly being a beta tester and games doesn't even launch
Vs
>Performance regression because intel are joos but it barely effects muh gayms and system is still stable

Hmmm

True I guess also cheap af. For budget it's good

Nothing personell goy

Cheapest u can find with the features u need really

Sekiro, remake 2, kingdom come deliverance and possibly doom eternal. That's it.

I have last gen Ryzen and a 2060 and want to get a 1440p monitor for gaming. budget around $300 USD but I have no idea what to get

Attached: 1561308948142.png (345x283, 5K)

Which x570 motherboard under 300$ is the best ?

>Living with a constantly crashing system
not happening

What would happen if I used 4 ram sticks for a dual channel motherboard?

>144hz 1440p 300$
Def not an ips then, not even a TN, some cheap VA shit? I wouldn't advise it

Giga elite, asus tuf or 570p cheapest with best vrms
Idk

From all the shills and non shills posting I've gotten paranoid..

He didn't mention 144hz, and with that setup he'll only be able to do 1440p 60fps anyway

Thanks bro

win 10 and b450 tomahawk
why does windows keep skipping the bios? I need to change my xmp profile!

Are there any AIOs that are significantly better than the NH-D15? I've been looking at test results and they seem to be all over the place

Really epic that amd cpus are so cheap compared to intel, so they balance it out with making the motherboards extremely expensive.
Epic

So I'm looking at ram and I can't decide if I actually care whether it's c14 or c16 as I don't really understand how much of a performance difference it'll make, however I need at least 32GB as SP, 3dsmax and PS use up a ton of ram when running, even more when it's concurrent.
Should I just go for the cheaper option as 32@3200CL14 is 277€ cheapest while 32@3200CL16 is 160€? This'll be paired with a 3900x

yeah that sucks willy
at least people have options now

It would do dual channel twice. It would be quad channel if it was in a quad channel motherboard

Should I buy a 170€ X570 A-Pro to replace my defective B450 Tomahawk?

Some claim that the h150 gets better temps on crazy heat loads some other tests barely show a difference
I've seen the x62 beat it in tests too
Idk who to believe anymore
If you front mount it with clear intake and good fans + paste everything I fucking sure hope it would be better..

>NEVER EVER EVER buy Turing for Future Proofing. There's literally no justification to buying paperweights of it's magnitude.
Why not

Definitely not with the extra money. Might have like 2 or 3% performance difference

I was assuming 60hz I just don't know if I can get something decent around this price and don't know much about monitors

They really botched this launch not getting b550 ready in time. Kind of kills the 3600 unless u succeed with the bios fuckery

I think this coming black Friday sales will have some crazy deals on last gen ryzen though. That might the the poorfag blessing

Still no 3900x in uk. Amd wtf.

>60hz
>Gaming monitor
U could get a 1080p 144hz .. I'd rather get that

>Tfw I missed out on 100$ Lenovo 144hz monitor deal

Is there a single news outlet where i can read about new CPUs and GPUs that doesn't do articles sponsored by multinational corporations?

Attached: 1534589303732.png (719x719, 564K)

Where is rose video? youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

No. Just never forget this when AMD shills:
>x570 has a chipset fan
full stop. these things have an 80% failure rate within the first year.

Dont read the articles sponsored by multinational corporations? Also

[spoiler]slashdot[/spoiler]

The case is both capable of supporting extensive liquid cooling and extensive air cooling. You know, it's kind of hard to notice at first, but it's somewhat implied in the name containing the keyword 'Dynamic'.

Does that alter performance

Honestly right now i'm mostly stumbling on RTX articles sponsored by Nvidia not so much AMD

that's what i do and that's why i am asking for some

Recommended GPU for VR?

Trying to keep my complete build to about £100, and wanting a 3700X with a decent motherboard (not sure on whether to B450 or X570 here either).