Is Bitwarden Botnet? I need a password manager for Android and KeePass is simply a pain in the ass

Is Bitwarden Botnet? I need a password manager for Android and KeePass is simply a pain in the ass.

Attached: Blog_Bitwarden-uai-1440x900.png (1440x900, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.globules.pstash
tomsguide.com/us/hacker-tool-keepass,news-21782.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LastPass
github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Uses M$ SQL Server...

everything is botnet unless you live alone in the woods with no technology

It's encrypted before it's even sent to their servers, how can it be botnet? Bitwarden is awesome

The only non-botnet solution is KeePass, and you fully know how autistic that program is. It's the tradeoff of the century: we trade personal informations for convenience, and we just can't escape it without going inna woods, whether we like it or not. That being said, bitwarden is probably the lesser of all evils since it's open source. I started using bitwarden some months ago out of necessity, and while it's is not perfect by any means, it's FOSS and works well enough. All in all I like it. Give it a try, worst case scenario you migrate to another service.

>trusting a password manager

yes, but it's a botnet using zero-knowledge encryption, so it's the best kind of botnet. Unless you're ready to deal with managing a keepass db, it's you're best bet.

>trusting a human brain

I used to use keepass
But I migrated to lastpass.
keepass is good and shit, but it is pain in the ass if you have multiple devices and you need your up-to-date list accessed easily.

try
no com to server + encrypted

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.globules.pstash

Just host ir yourself. bitwarden_rs on github

If you don't trust passwords managers that means you don't trust encryption. If that's the case, you cannot trust anything involving a computer

fucking zoomers
password managers have been comprised in the past
tomsguide.com/us/hacker-tool-keepass,news-21782.html

>I'm gonna store my account info to literally everything under one account on a corporate server
That doesn't sound retarded?

Have you tried pen and paper? Its 100% botnet safe. Its also free as in freedom and open source technology.
I also suggest Cupboard for database.
O(1) access, O(1) store. Its also O(k) search if you keep it sorted, where k is the number of bins/drawers. You can even customize it. Both take zero memory and cpu processing too. Go ahead, thank me later.

KeeFarce injects an dll into the KeePass client and waits until the victim types in their master password. It is not breaking the encryption of the KeePass database.

If the attacker is able to do that then your security is already compromised. You might as well install a keylogger and get the passwords that way the only difference that KeeFarce makes is in terms of convenience.

yeah let me just pull out my password list and retype it for every fucking login on every device

all password managers are botnets. use a pen and pad and a safe.

retard

>hurr youre a retard for not being a lazy insecure dumbass

how about you put more effort into your password memorization AND your posts.

Just use KeePass. Never store your shit in the cloud unless you host your own.

you're a retard for not using a far more effective and convenient method, with no risk of physical loss, with full encryption from your device. put more effort into your life

do you audit the code of everything you run? do you have it audited? would you trust them if you did?

youre putting 100% blind faith in every piece of software and hardware you use, without knowing who coded what into where, completely ignoring things like major SSL vulnerabilities being caught, major CPU vulnerabilities being caught.

look into cryptocat being purposefully weak even after notification from concered 3rd parties directly to the dev.

look into trucrypt devs walking away from the dev job.

youre truly stupid if you entrust everything in your life to a file "protected" by a 3rd party you know nothing about.

if youre just some random dumbass, then use youre fucking lazymode software, but i hope to god you never get a job in IT, because youre too naive.

I don't need to audit Bitwarden because it has a userbase large enough that autists like you do the legwork for me. You can do a quick google and find 3rd party audits, independent reviews and forums of people who check it. This applies to every update too. You can also self host, which you would know if you weren't a retard.

The company also has a business model that relies on the security of that information, so they have a very strong incentive to do it properly.

Bitwarden has not had a data breach. It has no known vulnerabilities.

Lastly I don't entrust everything in my life to it, just my computer and online related accounts that don't amount to anything significant. I don't share sensitive information of any kind online.

Are you fucking retarded? You can host your own server

You can self host if you are worried. It is free software.

I just keep my password database on my file server. Accessible from all my home devices and via a VPN when on the go. I also sync a copy to my phone nightly just in case I have no signal and need it.

Just make it periodically update from your server

Do you have brain damage by any chance? Why would you ever under any circumstances migrate to a proprietary password manager? And it's not like they haven't had breaches in the past.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LastPass

github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs
Just host it yourself. Switched to self-hosted Bitwarden recently, tried KeePass and LastPass but they were either buggy or had shitty integration (especially on Android).

Will wait till bitwarden moves away from mssql botnet to postgres.

What's wrong with MySQL? You can also use SQLite.

Nah, it's pretty solid. Switched to it a while back and haven't had any issues.
If you're paranoid, you can self-host the server too.

It's FOSS and e2e encrypted. If it's botnet, its literally the best botnet ever.

My passwords look something like this:

48QP8HYr&GoH@IZt8T*KpBv4*UbPQZWhSLFYKJLPTi*i&mPTNhMr28*@B&Z5aW!sn7y8t#54Stb8@VZVD*iCx6ionW7kx%ow2s%aEJ6$AAPt#84JyGr@BLV@QMPL%$gi

Retyping that shit in while looking at a piece of paper would be tedious as fuck.