Is there a more comfy image editor?

is there a more comfy image editor?

Attached: apps.63341.13517568566615301.1aea4933-c380-4813-9bda-dee2f0f39182.8edc70c5-4069-4997-9514-35b1a47374 (180x180, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pinta-project.com/pintaproject/pinta/
mattwright324.github.io/pdn-plugin-index/#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mspaint

Notepad

photoshop, this shit is too clunky to use

I really miss this, since switching to Linux

>too clunky to use
maybe if you're used to other stuff. Once you figure out a couple of quirks it's pretty straight forward though.

nope, used it for years then changed to photoshop, photoshop is just way faster and efficient for my small needs, maybe i'm retarded

PDN 3.3.6 is the utorrent 2.2.1 of the art world

Pain.Net doesn't have any adware, so what do you mean by that?

The new versions offer nothing besides increased filesize and slower startup times. Also after 3.3.6 the author revoked the open license and made it closed source.

that's not GIMP

lolwut. Photoshop is clunky as fuck with hundreds to gigs loads of shit to load. The responsiveness of ps is much slower than paint.net which is only 60 mb for the entire folder.

Corel Photo-Paint 9

Attached: new-4.png (1017x736, 121K)

I use it to make my wallpapers

Attached: elf tits 2.png (1920x1080, 2.79M)

i didn't mean the actual performance but the tools and the effectiveness of photoshop, sure paint.net is very lightweighted but what's the point when you can't get a good result in the end, like there's some tools and things in photoshop that cut your work time in half compared to paint.net. so yes the 5min load time is worth it

Attached: 1557243823040.png (1317x2005, 111K)

You can try Pinta pinta-project.com/pintaproject/pinta/
But i don't know if it's stable or not

if you use paint.net, don't forget it has plugins mattwright324.github.io/pdn-plugin-index/#

vim

What's the best tool to cut parts of an image without jagged edges?

cut it out regularly and then feather it.

It ends up with blurry edges.

GIMP

You can feather it less
also go here:
and look for AA's assistant, it does it a little differently in a way you might like more

I usually just erase an outline around the subject and then cut out what's left. This vid was done super quick so the result is shitty but you get the point. You can change the hardness of the eraser to get type of softness you want on your edge. Takes longer than a magic wand of course but the result is infinitely better since you're in complete control of what you are trying to cut.

Attached: Desktop 2019.08.07 - 17.15.59.02.webm (700x392, 2.75M)

Is this really the best raster editors have to offer in 2019?

definitely not, but at this point I'm too comfortable with it to change. And it's not like I do any actual work on it so it's usually just random Jow Forums edits and a couple of hobbies that make use of it. If I was a graphic artist doing this for work or something I would definitely not be using paint.net

Best Editor

Attached: Screenshot_110.png (942x728, 73K)

You might as well just run PDN in wine. Pinta uses mono as well. And it's kinda dead since a few years.

new versions of PS are bloated as fuck, CS6 is the only PS you need

This is pretty nice, since I don't use windows I have to use an online rewrite of it. The only things that could improve on it are transparency, transformations, and layers.

>cant edit text after you place it onto layer
>randomly switches the layer you’re working with
>no proper stroke/fill
fuck no

>>cant edit text after you place it onto layer
yeah this is ass, haven't noticed your other points though

hex editor