AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>one (ONE) Zion Golturd 6148 is 3500$
>TWO EBYN ROME 7452s are ~6000$

Attached: hYjbOv9.png (576x181, 410K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/194146/intel-xeon-platinum-9282-processor-77m-cache-2-60-ghz.html
tomshardware.com/news/amazon-instances-amd-epyc-datacenter,40009.html
techpowerup.com/255235/amd-collaborates-with-us-doe-to-deliver-the-frontier-supercomputer
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-lv2-series-vms-powered-by-the-amd-epyc-processor/
servethehome.com/oracle-announces-64-core-amd-epyc-bare-metal-instances/
youtube.com/watch?v=9Jn9NREaSvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy fucking shit

tranny

unit:seconds

Epyc post

Intel is a value leader in delivering more seconds per socket.

Lower is better/faster, Intbecile. Cope harder.

its over for intel

Are you retarded?

It's time to completion, not FPS, Intbecile.

I'm not even one of the two, but you seem pretty retarded, those comments were making fun of intel you absolute troglodyte, go shit on a street pajeet.

Man are these intel security bios/windows mitigations THAT bad? What makes them have such crippling performance regressions?

Attached: bakaren.jpg (1085x948, 109K)

Attached: dafe2991f27055fa3391a14d28f7165cec22373960b4ad7f2e90b2942ca3a8bd.png (868x756, 251K)

Higher is better, right?

what the fuck

...the test in OP pic is without ANY "mitigations". Not even Spectre/Meltdown. It's a "clean" Inturd poocessor there.

Too bad microsoft/google/apple and every other multi billionaire company are built around intel and it's practically impossible for them to change all their data servers.

>unit: Seconds
In other words AMD completely trashed Intel.

lmao

Attached: dead.png (633x772, 10K)

Sure thing buddy.

are you kidding? people are moving to amd FAST

ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/194146/intel-xeon-platinum-9282-processor-77m-cache-2-60-ghz.html

intel couldn't even get board vendors for the 9282 because there was so little interest

tomshardware.com/news/amazon-instances-amd-epyc-datacenter,40009.html

techpowerup.com/255235/amd-collaborates-with-us-doe-to-deliver-the-frontier-supercomputer

azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-lv2-series-vms-powered-by-the-amd-epyc-processor/

servethehome.com/oracle-announces-64-core-amd-epyc-bare-metal-instances/

Attached: 1558219823433.png (737x664, 202K)

>"""""400W TDP"""""

Attached: 1541133504601.gif (320x240, 603K)

when they
>cost less
>perform faster
>have a fraction of the power draw
the benefits add up really fucking fast

Attached: 57180482139470938217403219874.png (721x1041, 96K)

how is the tdp so much lower?

>two (TWO) EBYN 7542s barely consume ~450W (and that's only under extremely stressful long-term constant full loads) in a 2S system

what is with that font rendering, friend?

time doesn't matter!

Germs.

does Intel still recommend disabling hyperthreading? if so Epyc is going to absolutely dominate

for server use intel official recommends disabling hyperthreading, but with a nudge and a wink. basically they're saying "if there's a huge data breach because our processors have some horrible security flaw, we told you to not use that feature lol"

delid dis sir thank

Attached: 1559071129317.jpg (943x537, 54K)

youtube.com/watch?v=9Jn9NREaSvc

>it's STILL live
OOF

Attached: 1558404979342.jpg (720x676, 131K)

nice
checked

dumb butai

With how pozzed hot garbage Intel is these days even bulldozer would probably be better.

Fine wine.

Can someone explain OPs image to me? I am not that into meme wars

new amd server processors announced and they shit all over intel hard

What the fuck do I need 64 cores for? Dwarf fortress is a sequentially bounded process.

Zen3 design complete.
Zen4 in design phase.

Get ready for 7nm EUV Zen3 in 2020.

>announced
They're out, dipshit. It's a release, not announce.

oh ok. where can I go have one in my hands today?

>implying you got 4-7K to drop on a cpu

Wait for the end of the conference or tomorrow, I guess.

you said they're out. where?

>I don't know how enterprise sales work
lmao

so they're not out.

Have your sales rep place an order for an HP enterprise machine

oh god no
this is moving too fast

You can't stop success.
7nm EUV Zen3 2020
5nm EUV Zen4 2021
Mark Papermaster confirmed that Zen5 is in design as well

Attached: 94333363.png (1126x608, 675K)

>per-socket licensing (rhel, vsphere, whatever) putting intel on suicide watch: live

>we may see 32/64c 1st gen EPYC chips come up on the used market for sub $500 very soon
>Octo-channel memory
>So many PCIe lanes

AHHHH

They are out to oem/odm partners. From, there will make their way to first tier customers, like Google and Microsoft. After that they will move into availability through channel partners and finally to retail like newegg, or Amazon.
So yes it is a release today, if you are Foxconn, or Dell.

>for sub $500
You wish m8. And good luck with the motherboards.

I like how AMD isn't pulling punches at all. Most of these slides used to be vague. You'd see terms like "competition's leading product" and relatively vague bars. AMD is straight up announcing model numbers.

motherboards aren't hard to get. They're expensive sure, but they're all over Newegg for $450+ brand new for single socket solutions. And maybe not the 32c/64t for sub $500, but easily the 16c/32t. I'd gladly pay the premium for the ability to run Registered ECC DIMM's.

O shit this is almost sad now.
From servethehomes review of Rome.
"As some perspective, the $4425 list price AMD EPYC 7702P essentially puts the capability of a quad-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8253 ($3115 each) system into a single socket. The systems have the same memory capacity, about the same raw CPU performance, and the AMD EPYC 7702P solution has slightly more PCIe I/O bandwidth. The Intel Xeon Platinum solution there has more raw memory bandwidth but now has four times as many NUMA nodes as the AMD solution, and requires a more costly quad-socket server."

Attached: AMD-EPYC-7002-v-2nd-Gen-Intel-Xeon-Scalable-Top-Line-Comparison.jpg (993x583, 136K)

>8/16 1900X is still 250 bucks local
>mobo is more expensive

Attached: 1557242340120.jpg (390x363, 23K)

at least intel has laptop dominance and amd isn't even close there

Attached: 996557.png (1034x609, 690K)

>thought around 10k would be cheap af
>AMD launch best processor under 8k
AMD server marketshare WILL jump to over 10% by the end of the year.

Attached: 1559111067398.jpg (593x767, 55K)

Fucking Forest getting hyped himself when on stage. Dude must love his job right now.
>just a little bit cheaper.

But user, those cores are glued together garbage! Intel has the far superior monolithic architecture with dedicated section for exploits!

based Wendell on the right

>less than 7k
that's the most anti-semitic post I've ever seen on this cambodian sightseeing forum

what do you think AMD's yield rate is on their absolute top binned 8c16t chips to be able to make the upcoming 3950X on AM4 AND have enough for Threadripper and EPYC.

Its probably predictably low, given how Threadripper was removed from AMD's roadmaps for a while, and the clock binning spread per CCX for the consumer Ryzens is so varied. You don't need super high yields to get moderate volume, you just need to run tons of wafers, which TSMC absolutely is doing.
They might be getting around 30-40% known good candidates per wafer.

More from the STH article;
>We are also not allowed to name because Intel put pressure on the OEM who built it to have AMD not disclose this information, despite said OEM having their logo emblazoned all over the system. Yes, Intel is going to that level of competitive pressure on its industry partners ahead of AMD’s launch.
What the hell do they gain from that? Even sth who're fairly tepid when it comes to shitting on any vendors is calling intel out.

Nah, CCD KGDs are up on the moon, the problem is variance for anything higher clocking.

the fact that the 3950x is at such a price premium and the fact that it was a delayed launch means the yield rate is going to be among the lowest of all time. make sure to suck off your local store owner or you ain't getting one until 2020.

>given how Threadripper was removed from AMD's roadmaps for a while

Nigga please, threadripper always launches last. It wasn't removed from any roadmaps, just as it wasn't on any in the first place. The only fucking thing they ever said about TR3 is that its going to come after epyc. Were gonna hear about it at hot chips and its gonna come out before 2019 is over, screen cap this

if I remember right amd said threadripper would be announced q3 released q4

As the other user mentioned, it might just be the yields for the highest performing chips. We can already see it's pretty hard to even get to the 4.5ghz+ for an appreciable time where tr3 and the 3950x are going to have the highest boost clocks. They probably have a far lower available die for that where being priced at $750 might reduce the demand as well. Thread ripper is also pretty far out of the mainstream where the top chip will be close to $4000

the thing is the 3950x is expensive compared to the rest of zen 2, but it's still damn cheap compared to any similar intel processor and way cheaper than entry level workstation builds. the demand is going to be hit from a million different angles. mark my words, the 3950x will be nearly impossible to get your hands on.

>mark my words, the 3950x will be nearly impossible to get your hands on.

Zen 3 with EUV is probably to solve that problem with better yields.

Still slower in gaming though, sadly.

It's still pushing what's considered mainstream. The 1950x and 2950x are hitting the tiers and have both done extremely well already. AMD have earned the ability to price it where they can and I'd even suggest that intel's new $480 price point has allowed them to bump the 3950x above where they initially planned the 16 core to land.
But it's still very expensive and out of reach for most consumers, then again I'm also suprised when intel managed to make $330 the most popular price point for cpus when most people only want a $200 cpu, thank god the 3600 appeared.

Loling at retsrds not buying amd stock yesterdaycat 28. Its never going tocbe that low again, i assure you.

>implying the entire world isn't on the brink of an economic collapse

>he didn't buy AMD at ~2$ per share

Attached: 1541538120178_0.jpg (818x693, 91K)

go away bugmen. the US is fine, the only thing that matters.

Nah, enterprise guys just buy more Intel until they're completely sure they want to move their ENTIRE infrastructure to EPYC. AMD will eat the new markets, but the old buyers will take some time. We'll see huge AMD marketshare gains if Intel is still not on chiplets in about 5 years.

>implying all the big money in the usa isn't hording cash right now in record amounts because everybody is preparing for a crash to buy everything up for cheap
>implying 9/10 of the most common crash metrics aren't flagged right now for the american economy
trump is doing everything he can to make it happen after the election but everybody can see the writing on the wall

god why did they have to fucking name it EPYC
could have easily added a prefix to zen like ryzen

the guys not considering amd are the same guys who don't upgrade often or put in many orders

I agree, epyc is a fucking lame name. and they have such badass names elsewhere too, like the infinity fabric or threadripper.

Alright now this is EPYC

Attached: NineDiesvsFour.png (893x459, 206K)

I had to scramble to add capacity to our farm when the perf regressions tanked our VM performance. That meant more Intel hardware just because that's all the vendor offered and we needed it right the fuck now.
We've since started testing AMD based equipment and gone to tender for the supplier.
t. Sysadmin

Sure it will. After the split. :3

You misunderstood them, deal with it fag.

Oy vey, this post is anti-semitic. Please remove it.

>why do datacenter CPU cost many moneys?

Attached: 7F325118861E410F921FB4A4C55696F0.png (637x631, 18K)

Wow you're right, I see spastika in his post
MODS, AMD IS AT IT AGAIN!!!

i should have fucking listened

>Zen3 expected to bring SMT4 to the table
>up to 4 threads per core

If they somehow manage to keep the clocks and TDP the same, and leverage the benefit of EUV's die reduction to instead put towards 4 fucking threads per core, with another 3-5% IPC uplift. Can you imagine it?

An EPYC 8842 with 64c/256t for a 1S system or 128c/512t 2S system for like ~$10-12k? Oh and 5nm EUV is expected to bring an 80% increase in transistor density despite basically being a half-node shrink. Which would mean that at 5nm EUV, Zen4 could give you 128c/512t for 1S and 256c/1024t for 2S at around the same $10-12k or even up to $14k price point with a 5-7% deficiency in IPC compared to the rumored 18% IPC uplift that Icelake will bring late next year.

Theoretically 1024 threads per rack.