He doesn't use a stabilized and tested rolling release distro

>He doesn't use a stabilized and tested rolling release distro

Attached: opensuse-tumbleweed.png (445x298, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major
catb.org/~esr/writings/cups-horror.html
zdnet.com/article/the-linux-desktop-is-in-trouble/
pastebin.com/PWiNarky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Another hobbist distro

Tumbleweed more like Tumblesneed

distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major

Attached: 1524149830294.gif (480x287, 1.23M)

Formerly Leap

No worries, I do this already.
t. Gentoo stable

>openSUSE
>hobbyist
Pick one

why do people tend to think yast is a mess
last time when i used opensuse it feel alright

It's not a mess, pretty good tool.
I don't like their new firewall tho

Attached: 1551107664615.gif (500x269, 1.08M)

8ch Linux

>newest packages
>stabilized and tested
you can only have one of these.

What the fuck is MX Linux and how did it get so popular all of a sudden?>

or you can have stabilized and tested newest packages for you, by openSUSE tumbleweed devs.

another flavour of the month meme

It crashed constatly when I tried it

I tried it due to their LTO enabled builds in tumbleweed. Result was that audio was skipping like fuck with basic usages like listening to music. no tweaks i did to pulseadio helped. Not even using the same settings straight from arch so i guess they fucked something up and nobody notices because their rigs are good enough to not run into xruns. I'm back at arch now and can't be happier.

mxlinux is one of the oldest distros
its what antix is based on

Tumbleweed is noice but it's annoying to have to use 3rd party repos

Beefy to a fault.

isn't arch the same way with the aur?

wrong, MX is based on Minix and Anti-X, not the other way around
its been out for years, the fuck are you on about?

I do use gentoo.

kinda. packages not present on offical repo is usually found in aur. but in tumbleweed it sometimes creates unnecessary hassle to have same software but with different features. for example opensuse has ffmpeg in its repos but it doesn't have support for avc,hevc,aac etc so one must use packman repos to get full features ffmpeg.

Did you try it recently? When I switched over from Debian I was impressed with how everything just worked out of the box. And several things I always had to set up manually were already done for me in openSUSE. One of the computers I use it on is a x220 so it's not like I'm using the newest hardware either. Although I am using xfce since KDE lagged for me at times.

oh yea, antix is based on mepis

I wish it was more popular. OBS is ten times better than using the AUR. No need to waste time compiling, you set the targets you want and you're done.

It is a mess in some cases for example trying to setup TFTP is not very intuitive, but you can always do it from the console and that's something a lot of retards don't get, most distros do not have GUI tools for everything like suse does, YAST is always a plus because you can fallback to the console like in every other distro.

>Previously on The Shield

Which distro is made for pure desktop experience in mind. I will tell you, none! Nada!
Linux is server OS. It can never achieve the comfyness of a desktop OS like Windows7, 8.1 and 10 no matter which DE you install.
Prove me wrong
#protip: You can't. You can even check distrowatch site and linux descriptions of different distros. They clearly mention it there.

>72237836
(You)

Some critics do not believe Linux will ever gain a large share in the desktop market. In May 2009 Preston Gralla, contributing editor to Computerworld.com, believed that Linux will never be important to desktop/notebook users, even though he felt it was simple and straightforward to use, but that its low usage is indicative of its low importance in the desktop market. [12]

In his essay Luxury of Ignorance: An Open-Source Horror Story, Eric S. Raymond stated that the lack of usability in many open-source and Linux tools is not from lack of manuals but from a lack of thought about the users' experience.[13]
Raymond, Eric S. (2006-04-11). "Luxury of Ignorance: An Open-Source Horror Story". www.catb.org/~esr/. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
catb.org/~esr/writings/cups-horror.html

OUCH!

zdnet.com/article/the-linux-desktop-is-in-trouble/

Attached: derp.png (811x287, 54K)

go derail another thread you fucktards
don't use linux if you don't like
I'll use it until it dies, if it dies, then I'll hop in to the next FREE SOFTWARE operating system
who cares

pastebin.com/PWiNarky
pastebinned link because Jow Forums thinks its a spam

Attached: file.png (1097x620, 203K)

I don't have this problem with Debian

Cringe

>newest Linux packages

>Implying you need the newest

KDE is pretty much windows 7 on steroids. It's great.
>editorials
Desktop linux is for freetards, who cares about the market share? It's built by the community so why aimlessly reach for quantity when quality is really what leads to a great desktop-centric distrobution? *buntu vs openSUSE/Fedora is a great example of this imo.