I travel up to 90% of the time...

I travel up to 90% of the time, and I’m looking to purchase a laptop that can run games extremely well without looking embarrassing like >pic related.

I was thinking about getting the most upgraded 15” MacBook Pro and just running bootcamp

Attached: 8542071B-FFAC-42E4-8805-DD774A5CEC9D.jpg (1100x701, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-max-q-512gb-solid-state-drive-metalic-hairline-black/6335912.p?skuId=6335912
lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/c/thinkpadp
gearbest.com/laptops/pp_009863355765.html
amazon.com/Capture-Broadcast-Nintendo-Consoles-Camcorder/dp/B07M5ZJSMS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

p1 gen 2

>embarrassing
how dare you

Attached: 20190807_202141-3024x4032.jpg (3024x4032, 2.19M)

What do you mean by embarrasing? If it's the leds you can just turn them down

why the fuck do you need a gaming laptop when traveling? also who plays games anymore?

absolutely based

dell g3/5/7 series
a bit of blue but that's neutral

>MacBook Pro and just running bootcamp
0.02 says it bursts into flames

how about this OP?

Attached: 5YY9zCKFFjxyfjW5x8S634-1-600W.jpg (600x411, 169K)

Setup a gaming pc at home and just rdp back to it and game remotely on a shitbox Lenovo or something. Gaming laptops are a meme.

based

isn't video rendering still client-side?

No dude. Have you used steam in home streaming before? It's just an rdp session. The game is running in your home pc except you're playing remotely over the internet. There can be input lag if you have a shitty connection so multiplayer is ruled out. Of course you will need some networking skills to setup a secure VPN on your home router.

I tried that briefly and got markedly worse FPS streaming Half Life from a 2700X/GTX1060 compared to running natively on the client.

So you can play 4K games on a shitty laptop assuming that your home setup is quality ?

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 1.21M)

I'm in the same exact boat. I travel Mon-Fri 3 weeks out of the month. I picked up the laptop in the link below. It doesn't look cringe and you can shut the light on the back off. Good battery life, decently powerful, etc. Cheers.

bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-max-q-512gb-solid-state-drive-metalic-hairline-black/6335912.p?skuId=6335912

Attached: 1563315988980.png (1249x1080, 2.37M)

Just build a small form factor pc to play games in your hotel room. Just need to bring a keyboard and mouse, or controller, since most hotels come with a TV.

Depends on your home internet plus your remote connection
Yeah but it is still a remote connection. You need decent latency on both ends.

Get either an M6800 or a HP 8770w

The Dell has real battery life
The HP doesn't need you to fuck with hybrid graphics

Replace the MXM with whatever you like to get the desired performance.

Attached: 1565129304576.jpg (460x445, 41K)

>Depends on your home internet plus your remote connection
it was wired LAN

>macshit
>run anything well
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1557432222921.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

>run games without looking embarrassing
how do i say this....

Attached: son.jpg (547x280, 98K)

>without looking embarrassing
>MacBook
umm... sweaty

Attached: 1555705326388.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Dell G7, packs good hardware and doesn't look GHEYMUR

Razer Blade 15, probably the best laptop money can buy.

Get one of the newer Toshibas. About 7 years ago I had to get a temporary computer because my previous build took a mighty shit. Think the one I had was a 4th gen i7, used integrated graphics. Still handled things fairly well, up to AC Syndicate which it ran around 40 FPS.

This, everyone slept on the sff meme but you can fit a 2080ti and top i7 in less than 10 litres and the thing wont blow into flames unless you overclock it

>I’m looking to purchase a laptop that can run games extremely well
>I was thinking about getting the most upgraded 15” MacBook Pro and just running bootcamp

Attached: 1546761087712.jpg (590x550, 40K)

1) entertainment, you know,that thing you do To avoid burnouts;
2) ever tried moving a lot with a desktop?

>laptop
>wireless LAN
>power cable
>wireless mouse

>SFF desktop
>wireless LAN
>power cable
>wireless mouse
>HDMI cable
>wireless keyboard

wow, such a huge difference

idk m8 i've used it a ton to stream GTA V to my TV and laptop comfy in bed.

Man there's so many insecure fags on this board. But I guess that goes hand in hand with the shut in "nerd" type that gets bullied a lot.

That computer looks awesome though.

Just get a chinkpad and a handheld of your choice, psp go for something portable, vita or switch if you want better emulation and more modern games.

> 5+m setup
> Lot of cables
> Consideration of resting position of the case
> Noisier

My daily is a Lenovo legion 720 is very slim and has a GTX 1060, runs everything I throw at it Lumion, SketchUp, Photoshop, and games like Apex legends and rising Storm Vietnam

my previous laptop was a Dell precision m6600 it was the best laptop that I had, nvida Quadro perfect for renders and SketchUp but it kick the bucket

Attached: CypDvYsUsAAVxc61.jpg (1025x768, 240K)

and the monitor?

>IAMA TRYING TO GAME VIA A MACBOOK RUNNING BOOTCAMP IS THIS THE BEST IDEA IN THE WORLD OR AM I RETARDED LOL
WTF AMIAM READING PLEASE AMA I AM A GAMER WE DID IT REDDIT

buy a gba or something

Acer nitro 5

the razer laptop. doesnt look over the top and gives you decent performance in modern games.

Buy a ThinkPad X220 and do something productive with your time dumb fucking kid

Buy a Switch and some other laptop, it's much cheaper than a gaymen PC and will probably be satisfactory

>MacBook
Poorfag laptop
>Alienware
Actual richfag laptop. Based

>Being a rich fag
>Not buying Razor
user I...

Just get fucking anything with a good cpu, gpu, and at least 8 gigs of RAM

Gaming laptops are complete shit, they are also NOT for travel, they have short battery lives are extremely loud and extremely hot.
At best you get a desktop PC that is easy to carry, which is obviously not what you wanted in the first place.

>I was thinking about getting the most upgraded 15” MacBook Pro and just running bootcamp
Just burn the money at that point, you will get something that isn't EVEN a more mobile Desktop.

How else will you get 4 DIMM slots, desktop 9900k and an upgradeable rtx2080 GPU?

Attached: csm_MG_4330_6_9cb9e80c8d.jpg (1476x983, 113K)

Who the fuck needs that in a laptop?
This

15" OLED Aero, up to 8-core i9, 2080 Max-Q and 64GB RAM if your pockets are deep enough. 6-core i7 and 2070 Max-Q is probably more of a sweet spot for price-performance though

Attached: 2019aero.jpg (1600x1074, 174K)

>not buying last gen's monster laptops for pennies when the rich guys who bought them new don't know how to fix them

Attached: SmartSelect_20190702-180557_Chrome.jpg (1440x1357, 605K)

>1080p TN panel
dropped

dell g3,

2018 version is less gay aesthetically
check 2019 for more perf if u need it but they are v close regardless

Attached: ;_;.jpg (1028x732, 340K)

keyboard,monitor,sff desktop is 3x the size of a laptop at minimum,

plus you cant use it on trains

>15 macbook pro
>run games well
Are you joking? Thermal throttling with macbooks is know to you?

Don't have real experience but seeing a lot of reviews the Razer laptops are said to be pretty decent. Stealth ones are quite neutral too.

OK looking again I think the stealth is more productivity, the blade you want, looks similar just thicker.

It looks like a cheap plastic toy

it's a 12 lb hunk of aluminum.

Attached: 20190702_165559-3024x4032.jpg (3024x4032, 2.52M)

zoom zoom

See what horror you conjured OP?

Wow asus laptops don't look that bad anymore. Are they good for the money nowadays?

Consider the Lenovo Legion Y540. Understated and good specs for the price.

Funny, I couldn't give a shit about battery life on a gaming laptop. Unless I can get 3 hours or more when running it to the max what's the fucking point. Id actually buy a laptop with NO battery if they would use the space for better cooling and desktop grade gpu/cpu
I travel and have a laptop and there has never been a time where if I felt like using it for an extended time ,there wasn't an outlet available. Airports and hotels all have outlets.

What you want is a case with an integrated display, keyboard and mouse so you can power the whole machine with a single power socket.

I've been thinking about building an ITX machine with an embedded 19" or so screen.

lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/c/thinkpadp

Attached: 18095995_292318441202477_6101748819249070080_n.jpg (1080x1350, 214K)

For gaming?

for anything on the go. gaming is fine but you will never get desktop performance on anything.

Based Aqua poster

Yes but in a laptop form factor so I can fit it in a bag easily and still have a fairly large screen

>a desktop PC that is easy to carry
Realistically, if I wanted this, what would be the best recommendation? Say I already have a "notebook" laptop. I want something as easy to pack away and setup as possible.

>Build a mATX in a mini case with a case window
>buy a 19" 4:3 or 5:4 LCD monitor
>mount the monitor behind the case window
>mount power strip inside case
>plug monitor and PSU into it
>mount handle to top of case
>mount kickstand to opposite side of case to allow repositioning screen

could be even easier if you just house a laptop mobo in a desktop case then connect the LCD straight to the movo instead of needing to feed HDMI or whatever to the monitor. Smaller footprint for everything too since the monitor's PSU is most of its bulk.

Attached: 1541713986591.png (500x430, 90K)

No way to just use the screen on my laptop? That'd probably save some heft.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1538110896145.png (640x640, 286K)

All-in-one PCs exist.

not really unless your laptop has HDMI in like some Alienwares have. You can try SSH X or Windows wireless display but they will be laggy.

fucking moronic advice

/thread

Attached: 1542246061544.png (1280x720, 454K)

Looks like someone squashed a Playstation 2.

If you try playing games through Windows on a MacBook it will overheat and blue screen within 30 seconds. Dual booting on Apple laptops is garbage

So there's really nothing like an adapter that hooks into the HDMI on the desktop, that has a chip inside that converts the signal with minimal latency so that it can be sent into the laptop with a USB?

any laptop made by xiaomi. They look pretty nice gearbest.com/laptops/pp_009863355765.html

Hey, that's my laptop!
I just posted this in another thread

Attached: 20190808.jpg (3015x3951, 1.89M)

not that I've ever heard of.

I can do with a new laptop to replace my MBA, i just need something that's 13"-ish and lightweight, Linux support would be a bonus. Honestly would consider another MacBook if it wasn't for the keyboards being garbage.

Thinkmemes are the most retarded looking laptops. They look as if they were designed by an autistic construction worker from the 1980s.

get a Razer + a sticker for the ugly logo.

I did that and couldn't be happier, top quality stuff, looking professionnal AF (with the sticker).

I found this amazon.com/Capture-Broadcast-Nintendo-Consoles-Camcorder/dp/B07M5ZJSMS

Not sure if it works for this specific application though.

they're just kind of plain. that's why i like them.

What laptop has the best ~1080p or ~1440p screen? Every laptop I come across seems to have atrocious display quality, unless the display is extremely high res.

How long have you had it? Razer make decent machines but their problem is they all fuck up within 1-2yrs, they can't make a thing that lasts. See LTT, been through 3 in 3yrs, nobody wants that

If you pull out this bullshit in public you can guarantee your virginity will stay intact.

idk what other laptops are like but these are completely unusable on battery. The bios limits the cpu to 15W on battery and throttles to 800 fucking MHz anytime it goes over

Buy a fucking Clevo or Sager

I bought one of the newer models, I'll check the validity of those claims.

Ok so yeah, video capture "cards" are a thing so that works. Now the question is, how do we also make it so that I can just use the keyboard on my laptop. I'm guessing for this one that the only option is to just have my own keyboard and use that instead.