Minimal Mechanical Keyboard

Hey Jow Forums,
Do you guys use minimal mechanical keyboards are are they just a meme? I wanted one to use with my laptop and monitor for things such as general use, programming, and writing.

Attached: minimalKeyboard.jpg (960x720, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

noahfrederick.com/log/the-planck-keyboard
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>blank keys
Christ this is even dumber than blank watch faces.

Nah. I'm actually heterosexual.

3rd for still no good yellow backlit boards

nice thread friend, I also saw this reddit thread today and upvoted so others could enjoy the original content

are you such a sperg that you need to actually look at your keyboard to type?

Nice toy hackerlady, but you'll eventually have to grow uo kid.

>minimal

Never really understood this meme unless you are looking for portability. If you are going to keep your keeb in one spot, you might as well go for a full-sized.

Retard has to look at keyboard while typing, fuck off

99.99% of the time no, but sometimes I'll have a brain fart and forget where ; is or something and I don't want to waste time jabbing around when I can just look down and find it. Blank keys offers no advantage and just makes you look like a tool.

Yea, you're the smartest tranny on the board now. I can tell that you're really into gombuters, because keyboard is sooo different.

I have a chink full size that I got off amazon for $50 and i enjoyed it enough to get a diy kit from keeb.io. I'm currently waiting for my switches from shenzen or some shit. Pic related.

Attached: [email protected] (1060x795, 77K)

minimal?
user.. I..

Attached: crop-IMG_20180331_000855.jpg (2800x2100, 2.08M)

>Needing to look at a keyboard when typing
>On a small size keyboard with fewer keys
Look at this faggot, he doesn't even know what a keyboard looks like!

Attached: 1546166175165.jpg (517x573, 66K)

>half the buttons on anons keyboard is macro fir ordering hrt

>Blank keys offers no advantage
The advantage is that they're cheaper.

I have one but stopped using it since all the trannies and autistic fags use them

It is never worth it to buy something for aesthetics

how to macro without AutoHotKey?

using hardware macros?

I don't have to look at my keyboard, but how others are supposed to know im a skilled hacker if they can't see my epic colemacdcvorak keylayout.

i have that keyboard and if its constraints are within your workload then its ever so splendid.
Even then its just much better to type with, ergo the clickity clack touch my ballsack mechanical virgin vs the big cock thock chad topre.
I'd personally get one if you're interested and just get a secondary keyboard that has all the bells n whistles. Alternatively, shave your head and use brain signals from an EEG HMD to communicate with your pc. then shave your scrotum for the cock EEG implant

I have a 65% that I like very much. I wouldn't go any smaller than that personally because I use Home and End too much to make having them on a secondary layer comfortable. I tried a 60% for a few months before I realized that's what I wanted, arrows and Home/End/Delete on the primary layer with a compact form.

if you use those you're an unironic cuckold

what is this and where can i get one?

ask at /mkg/ they probably know

hackerman

Why do people use ortho keyboards? They're so stupid looking, and I imagine they'd be hard to type on.

You're buying a fucking mechanical keyboard, don't act like you care about the price

I fell for the magicforce meme lads.
It's trash. The metallic sounds it makes with basically every hit is fucking annoying.

Attached: MD-12653_20151102111321_05415212193c8b65.jpg (955x637, 91K)

I'm using Planck - 40% ortho, and it's super confy for me; Few weeks ago, I built alpha28, and THAT is a meme

It's not that hard, after few days it's great, and for me it feels more natural

It's Gherkin - 30% ortho keyboard (3x10); just google for gherkin keyboard, it's fully opensource

I've used Colemak layout for almost 10 years. Looking at the keyboard is useless for me. I recently picked up a Planck 40% board and an liking it. Keycaps are printed for QWERTY though.

no, but it looks ugly without them

Just buy a DSA ortho kit on Aliexpress and you can swap tham as you want, all rows have same shape

Yeah I could swap the ones I have now but I don't really care all that much because the layout is custom. I have something like 6 layers in total so I have to memorize everything anyway.

>mechanical
>hhkb

Attached: K8-ZMw6gyBs.jpg (2560x1440, 951K)

I'm using Planck too, but I have only 3 layers...why do you have so many layers?

I based my layout roughly on this one. noahfrederick.com/log/the-planck-keyboard

I added a gaming layer.

Autistic nerdflex

Sage

I like how you have everything arranged, my layers are like vomit.

Hmm, maybe I should change my layers for something more logical and nicely arranged as yours

Thanks

I am a keyboard enthusiast myself and i'm sorry but this is straight up gay

Honestly I have a 60 percent board and I used it for a while at work but for me anything less than a TKL harms my productivity. If you like it you like it though don't listen to what a bunch of homos on the internet say

What switches?
Mine works fine.

I like it. I was thinking the learning curve would be way worse than it is. The backspace/delete and number placement are the best ideas. I also like the escape/control combo and positioning layer modifiers symmetrically on the board.

60%

My nigga

Attached: 20190808_150342.jpg (3264x2448, 2.46M)

>forgetting where ; is
Time to learn to program, user.

they're a giant fucking meme and not even a moderately good one
even my split keyboard at least has function row and macros/nav cluster

Yeah.
Splits are amazing.

Attached: IMG_20190808_214649.jpg (4048x3036, 3.17M)

They’re toddler toys for taking pictures of more often than actually using.