Wat linux distro

Since I don't use my laptops for games I'm heavily considering putting Linux on because I'm sick of windows' bullshit. Any recommendations for a distro if I'm a lazy piece of shit that doesn't want to be googling everything and having to write my own scripts to get anything to work?

I'm looking for a clean operating system not loaded with bullshit, I'm not looking for a project to spend my freetime on and this isn't statement against le proprietary software. I just want honest advice, not freetard memes

Attached: serveimage(30).jpg (1280x720, 34K)

My honest advice is to stop using terms like "freetard memes". It makes you sound like an idiot.

Going into every thread relevant to OS' posting I USE LINUX BECAUSE I'M NOT A VIDEO GAME PLAYING MANCHILD XDD IMAGINE BEING KEKED BY WINDOWS is making you sound like an idiot

fedora, arch, ubuntu

Weren't fedora and arch some of the autistic ones? I thought about Ubuntu and was told "get mint instead"

Go for Linux Mint. It's the most "windows like" distro that is relatively smooth sailing to use.
Its a good stable distro, and if you are interested in trying out more barebones distros/learning Linux then try Arch.

Attached: Chef+Ainsley+Harriot+Promotes+Cookbook+Melbourne+DenPvNuSUw1x.jpg (1024x710, 135K)

Alright between my friend recommending it and this post actually giving me a reason I'll go with Mint, thanks. I can worry about Arch later if I fall down the autism rabbit hole which is reasonably likely

Try opensuse, it is beginner friendley while also being for advanced users as well. Yast is one of the best settings managers for a distro yet and allows you to change settings, update / install packages and add or remove rules from the firewall with ease.

If that doesn't take your fancy, antergos is a good distro because it is arch but has a installer which will get you up and running within 30 mins. Antergos has a nice package manager and lots of applications to install.

ubuntu is pretty much the only answer to this question. extremely widespread software support, very good out of the box experience. just stick to the main repos, avoid PPAs.
there are lots of ubuntu derivatives too but there's not really any reason to use them over ubuntu (mint, zorin, etc). it used to be that these came with patent-encumbered codecs that ubuntu didn't, but that's not true anymore and to be frank I'm not sure why mint exists outside of cinnamon.

antergos doesn't exist anymore

Glad I could be of help. I hope you have a swell time using Linux. You should listen to other people's opinion as well, I'm sure other people might have some insightful opinions. It will at the very least give you some broad awareness on what options you got!

OP here, still here and reading replies, I don't like when people type helpful posts and get no acknowledgment

my advice as someone who recently started with linux is grab the ubuntu or debian installer and just try out the main DEs (xfce, gnome, kde) and see what you like. budgie is great too if you use solus or arch

What the fuck. Antergos was one of the best arch based distro because manjaro is a shady piece of shit and archlabs has only window managers. You know of any arch based distros which are easy to use?

Between reading people calling eachother faggots and shit smearing others people's tastes. It's threads like these that help me feel like I'm a decent human. As long as youre helped and get the answer you need, that is all that matters to me atleast.

Anarchy is somewhat similar but I haven't tried it, this isn't an endorsement

Fedora or debian

OP I am a freetard and I too used to use Micro $oftwang blows .
have you tried installing Arch? OK so you need /gnu/systemd/linux/mint
You are right to not want to keep using Microdick wangwank, especially wangorz 10

ubuntu 19.04
because it just works

Ubuntu is spyware
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc

OP just get Mint Mate

don't be a bitch, the whole reason you have alternatives to the cuckery that is windows and the reason that you can get a clean system without bullshit is because there are people that were adamant about respecting the freedom to build those things and didn't throw it all away just to play muh video games

This is why nobody listens to you

not my fault you would rather listen to video game companies shilling their botnet crap at you

Just got a laptop for the first time in like 8 years and am going off to college for cs soon. What distro should I dualboot with and are there any downsides to dualbooting? I am unwilling to completely give up Windows for the sake of my games.

Attached: Okabe.png (400x400, 127K)

dualbooting is a lot less complex these days thanks to uefi. as for what distro that depends a lot on what you're going for. if you have to ask I have to assume you're a noob that doesn't know what you want, in which case ubuntu and fedora are both fine starting points.

Take your anti-psychotics

cope and seething

Yeah, I'm a noob. I'll probably just mess around with ubuntu for awhile.

>laptop
battery life still sucks on linux.
>tlp
it only gives 20~30 more minutes,
even through people will still praise it

Attached: giro.png (586x457, 12K)

Dont use gnu/linux, you wont make it. People that need gnu/linux already use it and dont need it to be spoonfed to them.

Linux Mint, Elementary OS, Ubuntu.

lubuntu

I switched to Mint (not a fan of Canonical) 2 years ago when I got sick of treating my OS like a high school project. Couldn't be happier.

EndeavourOS is what you're looking for. Just Arch that works and looks good out of the box. Even better than Antergos because they use a non-retarded installer.

start with something Debian stable based, MXlinux is a good one to start with.

being free of systemd is also a good reason to use it.

Debian stable or, its derivatives (Ubuntu, Mint) which have better (i.e. easier) hardware support (because Debian has some ideology against proprietary software). This for a system that works and that's pretty much it.
Slackware if you want to learn about Linux and it's inner workings.

Linux Mint Cinnamon