>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
Previous thread:

Attached: th[1].jpg (474x316, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/9Qx3V6
imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
displayhdr.org/certified-products/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'm gay

So I have a mini atx case and I want to get a geforce rtx 2080 super but its 2.5 slots? Does this mean it won't fit in my case?

Let's all have a brief moment of silence for all the mongs who got punked into buying a Ryzen 1 or 2

Attached: 1561563554391.png (898x882, 108K)

Corsair or Kingston for ram? Which is more based?

Depending on if I can even get all of the parts, is this a good future proof build? Also do I need the cooler if I won't overclock or will the prism be enough?
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/9Qx3V6

>OP is AMDrone ground zero
Why is this allowed?

i9 9900KF can be had for $80 less than the R9 3900X on a good sale. Right now, it's $50 less.

AMD won

Best 2.5" 1tb hdd?

Heya Jow Forums

is this a good entry level PC gaming build to mess around with for a while until the next consoles launch?
I have a 1080p 60hz pleb monitor and I don't want to spend thousands right now on a PC when the next consoles are just around the corner.

Attached: 04.jpg (1287x566, 118K)

great build. but, user, it is not future proof. nothing is future proof. the waters of time shall erode us all; computers are no exception.

seriously though, future proof is a weird concept. 15 mb of RAM used to be insane, and now 15 mb is a spec of dust. I do know a boomer who runs his entire camera repair shop off of a Compaq running windows 95 and keeps al of his records on floppy disks so there's that.

just ordered a gigabyte 2070 OC cus it was cheap and i7-9700k.

still unsure what mobo to go with, considering a higher end gigabyte z390 around $180. any red flags on these boards? I usually build asus/evga and heard this bios is inferior but I like going 1brand as much as possible.

Friendly reminder that AMD is the only option for 4k gaming.

Attached: novidya btfo.png (897x456, 26K)

I ran a benchmark and my computer shut off and won't turn back on. No fans or anything, all I get is USB power, which the board does even when off. Put the PSU in another machine and it seems to be bad, tried a different PSU with the motherboard and it also seems to be bad. Any idea what happened?

4k gaming is a meme rn
screens are too expensive,laggy and very few gpus can handle pushing that many pixels at acceptable fps

>tfw my 2500k and 7970s will still be plenty for 1080p when they're ten years old

Are you saying that 70+ fps isn't acceptable?

You can save $80-100 by choosing the shittier but sufficient RX 570, then upgrade the GPU whenever the RX 6000 or RTX 2100 series roll in.

Yeah, my Ryzen 1700/3.6GHz/32GB DDR4-3000/ 2x NVMe RAID0/X370 system sure sucks as my development rig. KVM is garbage, WSL is dogshit slow, building and compiling takes forever and I can only run a couple of VMs, including macOS Mojave w/ GPU passthrough; I wish I had spent my money on a quad core mac mini w/ 8GB of RAM and 128GB SSD instead. God, it sucks so much. And when I do play a game on 1440p I only get 60FPS. It's such an incapable piece of shit platform. I wish I wasn't poor and could've afforded intel.

looking for a good midrange x570 mobo must have wifi, I'm expecting to move a lot in the next year or two so I probably wont be able to dedicate a hardwired solution 100% of the time. In canadabux btw.

Any unbiased, yeah right, opinion on wether I should get intel or amd? The most taxing applications I would use would be games, I don't use photoshop, maya or stuff like that. Outside of games I only use the browser or discord while playing. I just want the best possible gayman experience.

Are you saying many GPUs can push 4k at >70fps?

I had a look at the RX 570/580 polaris cards but they are twice as power hungry in gaming load and slower.

There's no need to get so angry son. You got punked, it happens.

60+ is acceptable but let's be honest you won't get there in most games

Which mobo is better for the 350$ range for a 3900x?
The ace, hero or master?

Buy a new motherboard and PSU mate. I had a power adaptor (one of those things you plug into the wall and it divides the power to 3 more) turn into a motherboard frier when my sister flipped the switch on it to turn off my PC, speakers and monitor.

Now Anons... I got a 1080p 144hz free sync monitor. Should I get a R56 Vega or 1660 Ti? Also, should I upgrade from Ryzen 1600X to Ryzen 3600? My motherboard is visible with a BIOS update and I want to get that 144 fps in Mordhau if possible.

>just spent $180 on a GPU for my computer
>now I need to blow $300 on a computer for my GPU
Fuck

reposting because i have the same question but with 6600k

But they also just werk and are enough to play current games at a mix of high/ultra at 1080p 60 FPS. Isn't this what you want?

Got any warranties?

Just received my 3700x.
Idles at around 0.8v and multi core under load sits around 1.22v but single core spikes to 1.4-1.47v. under even the smallest loads like downloading a file through a browser.
Is this shit meant to be normal?
All default no pbo no oc.

The PSU's probably still under warranty but the rest of the computer is used parts I bought on eBay a few years ago

Yes I want 1080p 60 at very high details. I'll probably sell the 1660 late next year anyway and that card will probably hold value a lot better right?

>fake 4k for amd vs real 4k for nvidia
shit b8

>under even the smallest loads like downloading a file through a browser.
Yup. It even spikes when you move the mouse with no background apps running. It is an 'expected behaviour'.

I'd never buy used parts unless it's from a friend...

Yes it's totally normal :)

Attached: totally_normal.jpg (810x595, 259K)

I need a new router. What do I get

Eh, it was really just to have a computer in the case I bought. I chose a used A8 that seemed sufficient then bought the absolute cheapest board I could find with the right socket. I got a few years out of it and would do it again

now do nvidia dlss

best motherboard for 3900x ?

correction DDR4 @ 3200 hopefully I can get to the advertised speeds with this basic af mobo and memory

is there any way to enable freesync and hdr simultaneously on a freesync (not freesync 2) monitor?
asking because i have never tried freesync nor hdr monitors and i'm thinking about upgrading my monitor to an hdr 75hz freesync monitor

imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
take your pick

What's your budget, GPU, monitor resolution and refresh rate?

what kind of retard would buy a 1660ti

should i upgrade some components on my PC anons? it runs most games at ultra, c an display 1440p and runs most games at 60fps min.

>AMD Ryzen 7 2700
>Nvidia GTX 1660
>8gb ram
i know the ram is shit but i bought a 16 gb Corsair vengeance but it hasn't arrived yet.
ive never really had a gaming pc to work on. only have had laptop due to limited space and i was always moving.

So I'm missing 2 of the 8 screws (male) that go into the mobo's standoffs (female) because the case is a gift from a friend, can I install the mobo and leave it 6 screws (corners and center left, center right) and leave the other 2 (up center, down center) alone until I find em at Home Depot or something?

Probably. One year is the average upgrade cycle for AMD users.

I think your sarcasm might pass undetected by some retard Intel shills and they'll think Intel is better.

gpu with 2 or 3 fans?

No, if you only use 6 screws your mobo will catch on fire

Windows 10 is fucking expensive on the official site. Are any of the third party sites selling keys trustable?

Got one off of eBay for £3. Worked fine and is currently activated.

Ebay

1600-1700 euro. Using a 4k samsung tv as my monitor so only have 60hz. As for gpu I'd go for the 2070 super.

would it be worth changing to intel?
im not really biased to either side and got the 7 as a free upgrade from a 5 because it was out of stock.

i built a new pc a few months ago but want to build another one for fun, should i do it poorfags?

Here's a list of hdr monitors
displayhdr.org/certified-products/

why don't you own the official card of /pcbg/? 1440p 60fps, 1080p 144fps, 1080/64 performance oc/uv'd, 8gb HBM AND it's only 20 - 30% slower than any of the new cards outside of a 2080/ti for just £250 NEW

I want a Yeston RX5700!

forgot pic

Attached: Sapphire-Radeon-RX-Vega-56-Pulse-11--pcgh.JPG.jpg (1280x853, 123K)

that is not the RX 580 or the 5700XT

X570 Taichi vs X570 WS Ace for Ryzen 9?

correct, retard
it's a vega 56

>RIS vs Native 4k
dishonesty is bad user

Welcome to AMD! I recommend using your own fecal matter for thermal paste

>bought it
>didn't like the heat and noise
>literally can't even sell it for £170 like new because it's a radeon card

According to Hardware Unboxed and Hardware.info ASrock gimped on their vrms, getting temps in the 115 degrees Celsius range. Not good for a 3900X. Best were Gigabyte, followed by MSI and Asus ROG. The differences were negligible on those.

Thank you !

Guess that answers your question, huh?

>Monitors Guide under "more"
>there's only a size vs viewing distance guide
Does anyone have a monitor model guide?

ips
1440p
144hz
27"
freesync
woweezowee so hard

maybe user wanted to know what monitor models are the best since specs aren't everything

There can't be one. Everyone has different tastes and eyes. Go to a store and compare monitors in person.

maybe user can use those criteria to narrow his search instead of looking for someone to tell him what to buy

well it depends
every component of your PC should be considered though
and it depends on what you want to do with it
what kind of games are you into and what in the future do you think you want to be ready for
post a full parts list
all storage drives, the motherboard model, the monitor(s) and the power supply
do you use any other programs or are you into anything that you might consider getting into?

How does that compare to the standard 5700?

put it this way, AMD themselves chose to compare the XT to the stock 56
really makes you think

no, it doesn't

>price doesnt matter
>performance doesnt matter
>security doesnt matter
>heat doesnt matter
>electricity bill doesnt matter
>lines, cache, cores it simply doesnt matter
Can you show me where is intel better in anything than ryzen?

Attached: 1200px-Teplice,_Škoda_14TrM.jpg (1200x803, 229K)

B550 when?!

The neurons are going a little bit there, however, I already own a 1070, so neither seem like a worthwhile upgrade, and the 5700 xt is too much money for me :(

not what i was asking user
and you were 2 posts away from quints

you retarded?
an OC'd v56 is more or less a 64 and AMD didn't choose to compare the xt to the 64 in their own presentation for obvious reasons

Attached: 0y47netvym331.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

How does a GTX 1080 compare with a RX 5700?
I can get one for $350 "new".

>ITT a faggot who bought a VEGA 56 and is having buyer remorse, while trying to COPE.

>ITT a faggot who just got bullied

There's something wrong with the value proposition of 5700xt VS 2070S, otherwise AMD would be threatening Nvidia like they are Intel right now.

It's the drivers, isn't it? The drivers are still dog shit, right?

What's a good mobo other than the msi tomahawk for a 3600? Not available at my local shop

literally the only reason as to why the xt isn't a must buy is because amd put a blower on the cheapest models, if amd had put two fans on the 5700/xt absolutely no one would be buying nvidia right now except for the fan boys/shills because the price to performance ratio is just insane
once you factor in AIB costs though it becomes a harder choice as they are more or less the same price as a founders edition 2070s (aka a 2080) which makes the choice more difficult
seriously, a 5700 with fans would be the go to GPU for $350

no, its the fact that the reference card is a fucking Blower cooler.

didn't the AIB's said that their cards will also be 400$ and not bet priced higher.

Still too wide of a range.
This.
False. Monitor performance can be measured. Also, good luck finding a brick and mortar store with a wide enough selection of non-shitty monitors.
Maybe when narrowing down the search fails because there's still a bunch of indistinguishable monitors with gibberish names, there's nothing much left, but to rely on other's people experience. Which is exactly what happens here, except with monitors.

Attached: 1544607620602.jpg (380x478, 39K)

>have Z68 mITX with an i5 2500k (both were cheap as fuck when I bought them)
>have SFF case
>want to upgrade
>buy what I thought was the Strix X470i motherboard for $160 AUD brand new
>was actually a Strix X470F
Going to be taking this back in tomorrow for a refund.
I don't have a CPU locked in at the moment, so chipset isn't really a problem, just looking for something relatively cheap but not absolute shit. Is there a list of adequate mITX boards, like that one faggot made for AM4 motherboard tiers?
Will likely stick with integrated graphics at first, then add in a GPU when AIB RX 5700/XT come.

Why are the new Ryzens recommended without the caveat that many people have had problems with them?

>that image
Why the fuck do i see it? is my mind fucked?

WTF now i want a Vega 56

>still too wide of a range
what
literally go on amazon and input those criteria then do your own research going by what's available, are you brain damaged? why would you want someone here to tell you what to buy instead of forming your own opinion by reading a slew of reviews and making an educated guess?