Why the fuck is Viber so popular in eastern Europe?

Everybody has it, the shittiest possible option. I understand that their families are torn apart by having to go abroad to earn something, but why Viber?

Attached: unnamed.png (512x512, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/18/whatsapp-drops-subscription-fee-free
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's not popular in eastern europe you dumb shit.
whatsapp is popular, nobody cares about viber.

unironically because of my mom

midday coffee time is the best place for marketing

"you got that new thing too, a touchphone, do you have viber so we can talk forever without getting a large phone bill"
"do you have facebook too?"

Because its non facebook owned and has some decent encryption you boomer

It is popular in every ex-Yu country.

Use line

Never heard of it

Viber is based, enjoy your Cuckerberg botnet.

Unironic answer: Back in the day WhatsApp cost $1, westerners of course didn't mind paying, but Eastern Europeans rather used Viber which was gratis and with the exact same features. Pajeets and other third worlders didn't go through the same process, because by the time they got smartphones they could use WhatsApp for free.

it's pretty popular in the former ussr counties

One of my buddies uses it because he despises Zuckerberg enough to not use anything from him.

Still tells me check for pics of some chicks on insta and fb. kek

It's not popular though you fucking sperg, people use WhatsApp or FaceBook

I am a zoomer, actually

are you guys from eastern europe?

You must be an idiot.

Not one of them, but I'm from Balkan, mostly older people use Viber for some reason. Younger people use Whatsapp.

I don't remember Whatsapp ever costing anything.

It is popular, everybody uses it here, most people don't even have WhatsApp installed (myself included, it's infuriating enough that your can't communicate without Facebook messenger), but you can be sure as hell they've got Viber. Also, back when WhatsApp was an IM app, Viber could make phone calls and later video calls, and you didn't have to pay for it.

>Imagine not using telegram for messneges

>sending your messages directly to putin

It used to cost €1 a year. They cancelled that policy in under a year and refunded everyone that paid.

Better Putin than anyone else

I remember that back in 2012/13 everyone in Germany used Whatsapp, while nobody in Slovakia knew what it was and used Facebook messenger instead. At that time, whatsapp also cost 89 cents a year.
Now, whatsapp is more widespread in Slovakia, but it's still not as much as in Germany. For example a family might use it to communicate with each other, but while most middle and high school classes will have a whatsapp group.in Germany, in Slovakia they probably won't.

I've never heard of Viber though.

Eastern European here. I use it myself. Good audio calls, can make calls from desktop. Also, I kinda ditched WhatsApp bc of zucc.

Well shit, I wasn't aware of that. How did they get the money? I never had to give any CC info to Whatsapp or did they just charge it to your phone bill?

Id prefer Viber but my family is on WhatsApp so I'm stuck with it

paid in the app via Google Play I think

also I think this was before Facebook bought it

It came as an in-app-purchase for me, direct through google play as a subscription

Where did you get that idea? It was paid from the beggining, only in 2016 they dropped it. And for what reason would they refund anyone?

theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/18/whatsapp-drops-subscription-fee-free

You used to have different options. Either via credit card, play store, or phone bill (or prepaid phone credit). Also, the first year was free. What says is bullshit. It definitely ran for at least a 3 years because I remeber paying it twice.

can confirm
zoomers use telegram
t. russian

>Where did you get that idea?

I’ve used it since 2013, I only paid once in 2014 and they kept resetting my year, in 2016 they refunded it completely

I just remember reading something about paying 0.10€/year or getting ads, which never went anywhere I suppose. It was a long time ago too.

Attached: 12313211.jpg (634x823, 131K)

If you paid upfront for it on iOS like I did, you never had to pay yearly for it.

>installed it 4-5 years ago because "everyone has it"
>grand total of 4 text messages and one incoming calls

Attached: altmer pepe.png (200x200, 6K)

>The shitiest possible option
*Laughs in WhatsApp*

Because it doesn't matter if you use what'sapp or viber., They're the same thing.

This.

Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram, they're all shit and keep your phone number on file, privacy is dead.

I use Viber because most people on my contact list have it and don't want to give away my number to even more companies.

In middle east it's very popular.
Probably jews want to keep close eyes.

Here, we're using Telegram in nutshell. Viber is shit, desu.