So this is the power of Cyberpunk

So instead of having robots, AI, cybernetic augmentations and other futuristic stuff promised by Cyberpunk genre. We got hoovering cheese wheels instead. What happened?

Attached: 1565246968220.jpg (1500x1500, 384K)

Its only because every tech effort and energy post 1990s went into bettering life of chads, thots and to their jewish handlers instead of investing toward something greater
meanwhile in a parallel timeline where soviet union exists into the 2010s...

It would be a poor burning dumpster, like now. Maybe it will be even worse.

I have a Roomba, nice and handy, but I never really thought of it as Cyber.
And we already do have robots, AI, cybernetic augmentations and other futuristic stuff promised by Cyberpunk genre. Did you even read the /cyb/ FAQ?

A boring dystopia is still a dystopia.
Don't think cyberpunk is something to want, you could get the tech without the dystopia attached.

They can't vaccum worth shit, they're noisy and map your home and upload it to the the botnet, which is pretty cyberpunk.
They do go great with cats though.

leftists are making sure we're going to fulfill the authoritarian hellhole filled with wealth inequality aspect of cyberpunk at least

I've been sort of thinking about buying one lately and the new ones are pretty ebin at vacuuming. Something like 95% fine sanding picked up from carpets, that's way enough suction.

You can still fuck it if you want to.

Attached: maidbot.jpg (1280x960, 273K)

Kys tranny. The unions would have executed you, not give dilation breaks and pp snip doctors

>Don't think cyberpunk is something to want,
Funny thing is, back in the 80's and 90's people wanted this. Now that the world IS a cyb dystopia, people do not care.
>you could get the tech without the dystopia attached.
How do we reverse and get out of dystopia? Solarpunk and Comfypunk seem so distant.

Attached: Solarpunk.jpg (520x340, 95K)

First we need to remove brown people, boomers and luddites

I know it seems so distant. Only way it could hsppen would be post-scarcity. But even then you'd still have people to cock it up.

based. there can never be a comfy future when there's such mass overpopulation. look at bangladesh or sao paolo. we haven't got a chance.

Without going all edgelord, what would happen if gene editing was used to make sure all babies born had an IQ of no less than 100? We have a list of genes relating to low IQ and another list of genes relating to higher IQ. So while we still know little HOW these work, we have an idea that they do work. Social security and related expenses account for about 30 percent of national budgets. So for all the hand wringing and moral discussions that will come, governments have a giant incentive to start editing, as soon as it works reliable.

That is the dark side of CRISPR/Cas9: genetic warfare targeting specific ethnicities. The first to start wins. Not a nice premise.

Attached: yokohama-kaidashi-kikou-ykk-18.jpg (1484x1100, 479K)

Since they start to rely on pajeets

Attached: pajeet_AI.jpg (634x510, 90K)

Attached: iSeatGIANTPOSTER8.png (498x373, 187K)

Attached: AI_TECH_TALKS___Super_Portrait.jpg (262x135, 13K)

Robots turned out to be hard. So is anything involving biology. But as for everything else just look at china. They're living in a straight up dystopia with ubiquitous surveillance.

They're pretty great even if the suction isn't as good as a real vacuum cleaner since the roller brush does most of the work picking up. Worth getting if you have pets or a household where no one takes off their shoes tracking in dirt because you can just hit a button and the little guy will clear it all up. They also have pretty convenient maintenance being able to easily remove and clean the moving parts. Only issue we have with ours is that it would sometimes have trouble docking itself missing the pins and pushing the entire dock to the side as it turns around but we do have an older model.

Not sure the suction is any less since the pathway is far shorter than on normal vacuum cleaners. Also since it is only 9 cm tall it easily slips in underneath tables, chairs, beds and more, and probably cleans more than most people.

My brother and I brought one for our parents and my mother was VERY sceptical. So we set it trundling around, and after just a few minutes we interrupted it and opened the dust containers. First my mother was shocked, then she was sold on it.

Cute

I'm going to make the assumption that you already know that IQ as a measurement is relative to a tested population. In effect, the second that babies are born with enhanced and desired characteristics is the second an actual civil war really begins. You'll still have individuals who are currently alive (or depending on the implementation, not yet alive) who can not reap any benefits from such a thing outside of a societal level. While discrimination on the basis of genetics is theoretically barred in the US by the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, when push comes to shove, I highly doubt companies are going to shoot themselves in the foot by not accepting clearly superior applicants. If you think people are listless and angry now about being useless in the face of automation and globalization, just imagine what will happen the day you tell them that the Joneses, who have accumulated insane amounts of wealth over the last century or two by sitting on their asses with connections now have an actual trophy kid who makes your typical anime genius look like a vegetable while having a ten-inch cock and a chiseled chin that can cut coconuts. As far as America and the majority of the Western world is concerned, Gattaca would probably be the nicest outcome of the whole thing. China's enough of a dictatorship to probably keep some of the commotion down, but unless they up their police state game, there will likely be a fair amount of equally angry Chinese who feel left out of this new prosperous age.

Genetically targeted bio-weapons would be beyond the pale and highly likely to back-fire. What happens if you make the target group of genes too wide? You better hope you're in Madagascar, because there goes 30% of humanity.

Attached: D2r-S1VXQAUiqaM.jpg (1453x2000, 564K)