What do you actually do?

>oh look at me i use this OS, I use that OS, I use this browser no I use that browser, I use this phone etc...
what do you fucking do that's so great? How does spending hundreds of hours picking out and tinkering with your shit benefit you? Do you get laid more?

make more money than you otherwise would if god forbid you were on the "wrong" OS?

Or is it all honestly just a waste of time vs. just finding shit that works in 10mins once every few years and going with it?

Attached: mfw9000hoursofOSdebate.png (656x668, 345K)

> waaahhh, stop liking things

>what do you fucking do that's so great?

Not giving a flying fuck about what OS, browser or literally anything someone uses or their opinions for the most part.

How dare people have preferences and enjoy shit, right? That's just pointless and inefficient!!

Threemilk a qt

Looks like somebody can't install gentoo

You can't grasp the concept of a hobby? Really?

>it all honestly just a waste of time vs. just finding shit that works in 10mins once every few years and going with it?

this, I used to rice lots when I switched to linux (worked as a dev 3 years in win, 3 in linux and 5+ in osx), then I grew out of it and figured out the best way is to have shit out of the box for maximum productivity, it would take me 10 minutes to setup all the development stuff on a new machine

you'll figure out too that Jow Forums is 99.9% uni rejects without a job trying to get some little personal satisfaction by ricing and fapping on weeb pedo shit

this is why i use win 10 and dont bother maintaining a linux system.

If you prefer Linux thats ok, but it might not be the best thing for everyone

The same can be said about literally anything.

not dilating, you have to dilate

I filter and hide those threads. Brand wars and brand shilling should not be allowed on Jow Forums. Maybe create another containment baord like Jow Forums for this nonsense.

Do NEETs really do this?

Jow Forums - Consumer Whores
Also this

I actually work in politics so nothing to do with tech. Still I enjoy gnu/Linux as a hobby.

what do you enjoy about it as a hobby? booting it up then checking your friends facebook status smugly knowing you are not using windows?

>you'll figure out too that Jow Forums is 99.9% uni rejects without a job trying to get some little personal satisfaction by ricing and fapping on weeb pedo shit
holy shit, projection is strong with you, mate

let's say part of that 99.9% are autistic guys with a job that live with their mother for some reason

That's basically the basic concept of interests, you cummer

>cummer
rude

>make more money than you otherwise would if god forbid you were on the "wrong" OS?
actually yes

These, but unironically.

Using software is a stupid hobby. There are only three kinds of software that are understandable and relatively non-autistic hobbies: vidya, movies, and social networking websites.

Nigger I spent all day in front of the computer, of course I'm gonna be autistic about it.

>vidya, movies, and social networking websites.

If you like modern gaming and cinema or spend your time on social networks you have far worse problems than autism.

If you like modern gaming and cinema or spend your time on social networks then you have *normal* problems. Which is more important than how good or bad your problems are.

>How does spending hundreds of hours picking out and tinkering with your shit benefit you?
it makes me happier
it motivated me to learn about computers and how to program. I enjoy discovering new pieces of software and customising my OS. I can understand people who just install fedora, get an IDE and just roll with it straight away, but I enjoy spending time setting up cool little things and tinkering with my system.

>Which is more important than how good or bad your problems are.

Sure, as long as you are a braindead retard.

>it makes me happier
doubt

i get money, fuck bitches, install gentoo and use android

Attached: _GON2288.jpg (1280x853, 297K)

Anyone who thinks have normal problems is less important than having easy problems is the real braindead retard here. Because if your problems aren't normal, then you have two very hard problems that outweigh all your other problems: A) you can't comfortably socialize, which is necessary to maintain an influx of resources, and B) society can't solve your problems.

I do not want to be normal, fuck confirmism
s-stop it...

>confirmism

Attached: qwe_download.png (645x729, 82K)

>whats your hobby?
>my hobby is making hammers (tool)

>whats your hobby?
>my hobby is being a carpenter, I use hammers (tool)

>what's your hobby?
>I like messing with hammers (tool) and I think my hammer is better than anons hammer!

Quite autistic when you think about it that way.

yes, I do occasionally make typos
so what

>unironically
I was dead serious.
>Using software is a stupid hobby
Any hobby looks stupid and boring for the outsider unless one makes a lot of dough.
It he OP-post wasn't ironic, he is even more miserable human being than I am.

Being nonconformist is dumber than being conformist

Why are you browsing Jow Forums if your time is worth 100 pounds of gold a second, retard?

Attached: DCF58DEC-CA75-417D-92EC-C8C091EE655C.png (1897x5504, 3.99M)

Congratulations. Most stupid shit I've read today.

ITT: Jow Forums triggered

>I like burgers
>Oh I like sushi
>WTF GUYS HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOME THINGS MORE LIKE JUST EAT OMG YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TASTE DEAF AND JUST SWALLOW IT ALL DOWN LIKE A BLACK HOLE

>Using software is a stupid hobby

wtf is that even supposed to mean, you use software everyday all day unless you live as a fucking Amish.

mad

sushi is objectively shit so bad example.

>I enjoy going to a good restaurant.
>I enjoy making my own meals that are exactly to my tastes. Tough sometimes I have to experiment to find the perfect recipe.
>OFMG WHY the fuck would you cook ??? Are you autistic ?! Just go a restaurant dude !!!!

Op is a faggot.

If anything consuming vidya, movies and other media's are not a hobby. It just a passive pastime. Unless you actually make those and don't just mindlessly consume like a fucking drone.

Attached: 1462879957713.jpg (2888x1132, 436K)

Yeah but not as a hobby. Except for the kinds I mentioned.

People use software for a purpose. If you use vidya as a hobby then your hobby is playing. If you use internet browsers as a hobby then your hobby is discovering things and/or communicating with people. If you use compilers / interpreters as a hobby then your hobby is programming. Your hobby can't just be installing and configuring software in and of itself and for no further purpose. That's a stupid hobby.

make a lot of operating systems hmmmmm?

it's not like you are just setting up shit other people made and jerking off to it right?

hmmmmm?

Of course not nigger. You don't have to re-invent the wheel, as you don't have to re-invent a new recipe each time. But in the process of ricing you still play an active part in researching how things works and modifing it, even if it's just config files. It's not at the level where you make stufff from scratch but it sure is way better than just watching capeshit.

What can be considered an hobby is an activity where you take active part in it. Where something is produced, even if it's just a simple rice.

Watching movies is not a hobby. Reviewing them can be. And even evolve to a job, a movie critic (they may be dipshits, but it's still somewhat a job).
Installing and using software isn't a hobby. Customizing it can be. And also evolve a full job (designer, coder whatever).

See the difference ?
Now STFU and go back to your TV boomer.

*... and also evolve a to become a full job

mad

**... and also evolve to become a full job
ffs

Most people here are dammed. The truth is: They dont know what to do in life. And their mostly fear is the time.

Indeed. Nothing infuriate me more than passive consumers trying to tell what others should like, even if it's bait or shitpost.

holy shit that's an awesome keyboard
info?

nothing?

>Customizing it can be. And also evolve a full job
No it can't. You won't become a software designer or developer by being experienced at configuring software other people made.

>modern gaming
Do you think Triple A titles are the only games that exist? What a sad retard life you must live.

?

I know, but it's a starting point. Start with what other have done and get the hang of things, then build your own stuff. It was an example albeit a shitty one.

>Do you get laid more?
Cumbrain

>this is why i use win 10 and dont bother maintaining a linux system
Honestly I spend less time maintaining my computer since I use debian. This shit is stable as fuck and updating my software or installing new software is easier with the command line.

>No it can't.
It's called DevOps

sex is disgusting unless for procreation
It is far better to use the time on a computer

Based. I'd rather be programming than fucking my gf for the nth time tbqh.

You're getting awfully defensive about that.

Why not program and fuck simultaneously?

It’s a fun hobby