>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
Previous thread: (Cross-thread)

Attached: dgc.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/79JKCb
pcpartpicker.com/product/nGjJ7P/nzxt-kraken-x72-liquid-cpu-cooler-rl-krx72-01
pcpartpicker.com/product/Kv7v6h/asus-rog-ryujin-360-1218-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-rog-ryujin-360
amazon.com/AOC-C24G1-Frameless-DisplayPort-Adjustable/dp/B07GD5XG5G/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=va+144hz&qid=1565291961&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B01GX5YWAO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder

Attached: 15652630246591.png (1268x673, 207K)

O O F

Attached: cope.jpg (384x131, 10K)

That xfx card is dummy thicc but how does it compare to Asus, Powercolour, and msi cards? Is it usually better or worse?

What’s a cheap $50 or less GPU I can use to just test my build isn’t fucked until AIB come out?

Or should I just borrow my roommates 1060? I just don’t want to risk fucking it up

Why is assembling your system in a brand new case, or even just looking at the case and installing the ventilators so exciting?

Want to build myself a small PC. Like, really small. Will a 120W power brick be enought for a Ryzen 3400g on an ITX board with no dedicated GPU?

fist me shit tube daddy longnose

What's wrong with curved and ultra-wide monitors?

what gigabyte z390 motherboard model do I go with? too many skus to choose from

Nothing

is there any advantage getting a 3800x vs a 3700x for non gaymen?

I don't know.

Is it safe to have the cable for the 4 pin CPU Cooler fan making contact with the copper heat pipes of the CPU heatsink?

Because youre a victim of marketing

Reminder to treat your graphics card to new thermal paste and -pads every once in a while, the VRM pads especially on pic related were all dry and crumbly after 3.5 years.

Attached: 20190808_183453-2124x1195.jpg (2124x1195, 527K)

How much performance difference

when the hell is the 3900x going to restock, i want to buy a new pc already

>i7 9700K performing better than the i9 9900k

Attached: 1514928280361.png (653x726, 84K)

reminder

Attached: kryonaut is good goy, just buy more of it, surely it was user error, try another 20 applications.jpg (2096x5376, 2.34M)

you've become a slave to consumerism and you're just riding the dopamine high of a shiny new toy.
it'll wear off in a bit and you'll be back here asking what's the best "upgrade" to get

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

deep....

This
Stop enjoying life and live like a Buddhist monk

Wow so woke

>Love computers and love putting them together and learning the new tech and shit
>YOU'RE JUST A SLAVE

Th...thanks Ghandi

Any secret sites you guys use to buy your shit?

3900x is cancer and I'm sure 5700 XT aib is going to be cancer too.

Just use newegg and amazon like everyone else

Baste

will the 3700X last this at least the most of this next generation of consoles?

pcpartpicker.com/list/79JKCb
Is there any point getting an x570 board now and upgrading my CPU to zen 3 when it launches?

Attached: freecandy.png (700x416, 286K)

Don't know yet, my main PC's out of commission right now so I figured I may as well do some maintenance while it's not in use.

there's no guarantee that zen 3 will be back-compat with zen 2, also if you're buying an X570 board just go with the aorus elite or asus TUF

What are nvme ssd's good for? Do they also offer faster load times?

>C tier brand
>C tier components and pads
What a surprise

Sounds like a great way to never get a 3900x or a 5700 XT aib that I want.

Are there any disadvantages to increasing the CPU fan step up time?

Reminder that that's obviously fake. No one else got those results except for them.

If you have to use fake benchmarks to cope, you know you've lost.

It should be fine. You can always wait for comparison reviews.

Yes

Indications are that Zen3 will be the same socket, but we have no confirmation.

>Do they also offer faster load times?
No.
They're for work and servers.

But I'm reassembling an already existing case from 4 years ago?

What's really the difference between the three mobos? They all have good VRMs, and the Steel Legend has the best I/O
Guess I'll take my chances

I need a monitor, around $200-$300 for gaming.

Got a 3700X and a 2070 super.

I need some feed back from purchasers of the 3700X, nh-d15 and/or Scythe Mugen.
Does the higher tier heatsink make a big difference for 3700X under heavy load/,PBO?
Is the thermal compound that comes with the noctua fan really that good or am I better served getting paste from another manufacturer?
Does the Mugen lunch above it's price point why class and how silent is it really?

Do these cable splitters actually work? How do the fans know at which rpm to operate if it combines multiple signals into one?

Attached: splitter pwm 4x 4pin molex.png (349x317, 52K)

>How do the fans know at which rpm to operate if it combines multiple signals into one?

it doesn't. only one of the connections has the 4th pin

>Got a 3700X and a 2070 super
Do these 2 run well with each other? Been thinking of getting that too.

>Does the Mugen punch above it's price point weight class and how silent does it really run?

Aside from price, is the Ryujin a decent CPU cooler comparing it with the Kraken X72?

pcpartpicker.com/product/nGjJ7P/nzxt-kraken-x72-liquid-cpu-cooler-rl-krx72-01

pcpartpicker.com/product/Kv7v6h/asus-rog-ryujin-360-1218-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-rog-ryujin-360

>could have had a $300-400 monitor if he'd bought a 5700XT instead

oof

Guys, I'm currently using this RAM kit.
>DDR4-3600MHz CL17-18-18-38 1.35V
16GB (2x8GB)
My CPU is i7-8700 and I have an ASUS Z370 board. Will my RAM still work on an X570 board like the AORUS Xtreme?
The RAM's QVL list does not show any AMD motherboard. It only shows X299 and Z170 up to Z370. The X570 QVL doesn't list it either.

works really well so far, but i haven't gone past 1080p 75hz because i don't have anything better in terms of monitor so i don't know how it'll go once i push it

Shit I forgot to mention the model name. It's the G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM. I really hope that I don't have to sell this thing just to buy compatible RAM. It's a B-die kit and goes up to 3603MHz on XMP

Is it worth waiting for the LG 27GL850 or are there any similar alternatives?

for mid range monitors is VA acceptable?

Is it worth buying a used a 5yar old gaming laptop to play 10year old games in ultra quality on a 1080p monitor?

looking into this specifically

amazon.com/AOC-C24G1-Frameless-DisplayPort-Adjustable/dp/B07GD5XG5G/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=va+144hz&qid=1565291961&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

Ryzens like B-die, it's almost certain to work fine.

Howdy, I asked somebody in a Ryzen thread yesterday but didn't get a response before the thread bit the dust.
I have a GA-AB350-Gaming 3 board with a Ryzen 1600 and a 650W power supply. Everything works all well and good, but I'm thinking about upgrading to a newer CPU, namely either a 3600 or a 3600X.
Money doesn't mean dick, and the cost of extra power doesn't mean dick either. I'm just wondering if that little bit of extra "oomph" is really necessary if all I do is browse chans, watch anime, and play Guilty Gear.
On that note, should I even bother upgrading my CPU? It's not like I OC a whole lot anyway. I just figure it would be worth it to bring my components into the new generation before the whole damn board is obsolete.
While we're at it, my graphics card is this ( amazon.com/gp/product/B01GX5YWAO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )
I'm less inclined to kick out 380 bucks when I don't need to, but is a RX 5700 much better or would play nicer with Ryzen or something than what I have?

Attached: kot blini.jpg (1124x1024, 183K)

Check bios updates for 3000 series support
As for GPU, just get the best you can afford.

If I'm going for 32GB of memory, should I go with 2x16 or 4x8?

3600 and 3600X are supported as of F40, and one guy from yesterday looked and said my board would play nice too.
For the GPU, I'm just wondering if one is better than the other, and if that being better is significant enough to warrant an upgrade.

Attached: paste application compare .jpg (4391x7079, 3.84M)

What's the best storage if I want to make a backup/Kodi setup? I have a cheap 1TB 5400rpm USB drive that stutters on movies and on the interface half the time. Reluctant to use internal drives in general since Gigabyte are shit and the 2nd NVME drive shares bandwidth with anything connected to the SATA ports.
Anything 2-4TB would do, I've heard bad things about pretty much any manufacturer

No HBM packages to worry about on a 290, thankfully.

theres quite a nice jump from a 1st gen ryzen compared to the current one so i would consider it
i dont know much about the nvidia line so i cant comment about the upgrade
searching around with (mobo name) + ryzen 5 3600 should give you somehwat useful answers, but if you have a older gen cpu you are sure to upgrade or downgrade if anything wrong happens

Which Fan Controller do i get then?

Thanks for the reminder. I still have 5 months left before my GPU's 3-year limited warranty expires. Should I go ballistic and clean it already and risk the warranty? Or just sit it out and wait for it to expire? I'm getting bad temps

Can you recommend me some good brands? I'm preparing for my GPU disassembly in the coming months

Thanks, user! I really hope it works, though I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there

I'd wait out the warranty personally. After that, go nuts.

>blocks your GPU insertion

Attached: intel h81.png (568x391, 468K)

????

Attached: r5.png (1241x470, 293K)

>tfw I don't wanna be jewed by intel
>tfw I don't wanna have a crashing amd system
>tfw forced to not upgrade because everything is sus

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

So by looking at pic related, I'll have to lift the noctua fan for g.skill ripjaws (42mm) to fit? Does NH-D15 suffer in cooling if lifting the fan for 7-10mm?
X570 taichi with nh d15, ignore the values on the picture since I didn't rescale the image.

Attached: noctua.png (1177x851, 770K)

you can literally run it 1 fan and be fine losing some degrees at best (check d15s)
raised fan wont make a big diff

With Prime95, is it normal for a CPU to be stable at 79C after an hour of small FFTs without avx, but instantly spike to 90C+ with avx enabled? I didn't screw up the heat sink installation?

>cost
Stop being poor

For Intel it's very normal. AMD's AVX is gimped (far slower than Intel's but generate less heat) so it's not a real comparison either.

>more expensive cpu performs better
well who would've thunk
the value proposition of amd is gone, and i say this as an early adopter of the 1600

d15s cost 6 euros less but you get one fan less which is usually 22eur, so nhd15 is a no brainer even if you use the fan as case fan or smth else.
I just couldn't find any reviews or tests done with the fan lifted that much, hence why I asked if anybody has done such a thing and what were the results.

>works on my machine

Are you actually this retarded? Go check the original post.

Post was meant to show the other benches were clearly fake and the 3600 is significantly better than the 9400F

>205 dolla CPU better than 150 dolla CPU
Wow

spot on.

Not sure if people are genuine retards who build now a days or not..... I dont know hwo to believe anymore.
boot times seem to be pretty fucked on zen2 even on x570. atleast gigabyte boards

Then why do you post fake benches to cope? Also, does that mean that Intel is the poorfag choice now?

Retarded question but can I simply install my storage HDD from my old PC into a new one and grab my files from there? I'm planning to move them all onto a new one.

yes

If the SATA ports are compatible, then sure. Just check to see if it's 2.0 or 3.0 on the connectors.

I didn't post them.

man my 30" 1440p monitor is coming tomorrow (along with my 3600) and i'm already regretting getting a big monitor because it wont fit in my comfy corner most likely
we'll see

Attached: room.jpg (1739x913, 402K)

Looks comfy but your battlestation is really cramped.

it's meant to be, I dislike having a computer in my room so I threw it into that little alcove
it's comfy when you're actually in it though, plus no one can see what i'm doing :^)

I have a small desk and having a big monitor or multiple monitors is simply not possible, hence why I suggest either to mount a Vesa hand onto the wall or get one with clamps that attaches to the table, you'll have more space for keyboard/mouse/books and you can easily move them.

if like the monitor i'll just buy a new desk but I have a feeling it'll be too big, although I did buy it so I could start watching flicks (kino) again

Why do bottom of the barrel "work station" graphics cards exist? I'm building a moderate workstation with a budget of $1500 and looking around at reviews, middle of the road "gaming cards" are spanking dedicated workstation stuff. I.e. the AMD RX580 killing the RadeonPro WX4100 and 5100. The Radeon 7 catching up to their WX9100 and 8200. Nvidia's 2080TI nipping at the heels of the Quadro RTX 6000..
Are these for really fringe cases? Or where power per watt is super important? Or is it just drivers? What am I missing?

it's up to personal preference, if you need lots of workspace on your desk, vesa hands/mounts prove to be useful, ofc don't put it on a shitty desk like ikea cardboard ones.

can a 5700xt do 3440 X 1440 at 75 fps?

Anyone actually used Freesync in a game like CSGO?

Is the 9900K still worth a buy if you only game and emulate now with another security flaw?

Attached: 25_FOA_0180315_org1.jpg (615x470, 53K)

where would i go about getting an iso of 10 pro ?
i bought a license serial but i cant get the iso anywhere

Attached: 1196133258167.gif (150x150, 679K)

You can literally download it off the microsoft site.