Uses firefox instead of chrome

>uses firefox instead of chrome
>still uses Google search engine

Attached: received_1176804709168090.png (240x180, 75K)

using google on firefox is how firefox gets 99% of it's revenue, if people didn't do that mozilla would shut down tomorrow

>uses firefox or chrome
>uses google search
you have to go back >>>/reddit/

oh no no no no

Attached: received_409341213021915.png (1172x688, 173K)

what else should I use?

seriously, what else should I use? I only got chrome as a youtube player, and I want to get rid of it.

>not using Yandex on Chrome to trigger the glowies

I use duckduckgo in the duckduckgo browser for mobile browser anyway.

use mpv + youtube-dl to play youtube videos.

You could be using Safari while also using Yandex

Can you firefoxfags give me just one reason i should use this browser over chrome? I mean everytime i hear someone talking about firefox is just (((privacy))) talks and other nonsense without actually anything related to what the browser offers.

Attached: 15412695699550.jpg (1024x788, 98K)

Use Iridium/Ungoogled Chromium with StartPage unless you are a retard

I use duck quack
I use duck duck quack quack
I use QUACK QUACK QUACK

real intellectuals only use pale moon or seamonkey

Gecko follows, and has followed, web standards better. Also, ignore ither anons, ad block is there to stay.

What about the hardening and disabling the cancer like safebrowsing and other related stuff?

bing desu

I don't care about either because I use Safari.

What's funny is people who value privacy or whatever only value it as far as their comfort zone allows them. They're never go full Richard Matthew Stallman for their ideology to fight for the greater good. You're all part of the system and you can't escape it.

(^:

Yes, google pays to be the default. Change it if you don't want to use it. Why is this a thread?

Wrong. Another company would pay to be the default search engine. Just like in the past.

Fuck nu/g/. You are all retarded.

What's wrong with that? Better to limit your personal info then giving it all away to multiple companies. You act like it has to be all or nothing which is retarded.

About:config, prefs.js, user.js, usercontent.css, and userchrome.css. These are the main reasons to use firefox and other gecko-based browsers. Through these files / configuration interfaces, one is able to alter or disable every aspect of how the browser behaves and interacts with the web. It includes countless options to guard one's privacy, disable any and all telemetry, and severely reduce tracking by the sites you visit. All without extensions. Look up ghacks' user.js template for a relatively thorough rundown of what you can do. Chromium is nowhere near as flexible. It is barely a fraction as flexible, and that is by design. Speaking of extensions, uBO is also noted to perform better under FF and gecko than Chromium / blink. Lastly, google is actively monopolizing the web, so if you care about having choices and privacy, you should be using gecko and webkit-based browsers, not chromium / blink.

real intellectuals use Adnauseam without disabling blocklists.

>what else should I use?
You can use a program called freetube like a true patrician. You can use it on any OS. Links in the screenshot.

Attached: Screenshot_20190808-184835_Firefox Focus.jpg (1080x2220, 632K)

>waste your own resources clicking ads in background
>have to allow ads to click them in the background opening yourself up to malware and trackers
>think your costing advertisers money when you're just making the site owners more money
Adnauseam must have been created by site owners to trick brainlets. You're better off blocking everything with ubo.

For a web browser that claims to value privacy, it seems ironic that they would let Google buy their way into being their default search engine.

>doesn't use Yandex browser
>doesn't use Yandex search engine
>doesn't use ROSA Linux LXQt

wait what , google unironically is paying mozilla so that default search would be google? the thing you can change in 10 seconds?
i know they are targeting normies who cant change it but still , to go that far as to pay actual money to your competitor

No, it's smart. Changing it is easy as shit if you care and they get more funding.

try out pale moon, seamonkey these are pretty damn good browsers
if you want an alternative for youtube than check out invidio.us you can watch youtube videos on it without the spyware

Comes with ddg, too. You just need to change the default. If you set ddg to default, you can delete the others, because there's ddg bangs for all of them.

Firefox doesn't have a search engine. Why wouldn't google want to be their default and stop another company from taking it?
Jow Forums is retarded when it comes to Jow Forums

Firefox + Ecosia gang rise up

Let's plant those trees bros

Attached: Cattura.png (1101x609, 26K)

I see it more as Google helping prop Firefox up so Google can at least say they still have a competitor
The money Google gains from Firefox users probably doesn’t even cover the money they spend to have Mozilla set google as default but it helps save Google’s ass from being labeled as a monopoly

I use waterfox can I please get some validation? please tell me I'm based

I think your opinion is pretty dumb. If google doesn't pay to be the default search engine other companies would gladly step in.

>uses Firefox
>uses a non-Google search engine
>...
>still uses safe-browsing which in Firefox sends all your browsing history to Google every 30 minutes

Opera doesn't use Google's SafeBrowsing for its safe browsing feature
Opera uses Yandex and Phishtank instead

Make The Switch

Attached: opera-logo-3.jpg (1920x1080, 72K)

> Opera
This chinese botnet is worse that the fucking firefox safebrowsing thing/

I dont think you understand that anons post

>firefox lets you configure it how you want and disable what you want
>"user" wants you to use opera which doesn't let you disable all data collection (just like chrome)

Attached: 1564627747867.jpg (960x540, 73K)

>Home Bollywud
coolest poo in the loo

Isn't ghack user.js cucked? They have defaults enabled for safebrowsing.

You could answer you're own question in 5 seconds

So what should i use? There not much of them, i can go and watch every fucking config line and understand how to disable this and that. Going for some dumbshit editors that post with titles like "Here are some settings for privacy for firefox bla bla" is not my solution.

>uses safari
>yandex/bing

Attached: Merica.jpg (1536x2048, 301K)

>still uses Google reCaptcha on Jow Forums/nel

Attached: 1100.jpg (500x824, 75K)

it's meant to be a template you nigglet. that's why it's so heavily annotated. jesus fucking christ. not everything that requires a little bit of leg-work is "cucked". read through it and do what you want.

Based.

No shit nigger, i was pointing at the fact that he maybe changed something that i'm completly unaware of. Like OSCP and other stuff just because he thinks that it doesn't send that much of info so why not.