/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread

Attached: japan cybersecurity minister.png (679x768, 435K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Hn1fup7
github.com/DrEmpiricism/Optimize-Offline
asus.com/Motherboards/P5SD2VM/
aeonlucid.com/Snapchat-detection-on-Android/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are my nipples always so hard after then built the 5G tower across the street?

deadly gaydiation rays.

REPOSTAN BECAUSE NO REPLIES

What should I do in this situation? Where there's one flag but the rest say it's clear. Treat it as a false positive and ignore it? Or stay away?
It's sandboxie, just downloaded from sandboxie.com

Attached: virustotal sandboxie.png (1366x768, 49K)

Delete system32.

Then try to restart.

Why do manufacturers still include more USB 2 ports than USB 3 in their laptops? Surely adding a second or third USB 3 can't be that expensive

It's safe, you dolt.

Whenever I have reddit open in chrome the CPU usage surges to like 20% and fortnite starts to stutter. Doesn't happen on any other website, I could have 20 youtube videos running and no stutter.

Anyone know why this happens?

What is the best laptop I can buy for $2500?

>inb4 xps
Tried, was shit.

When that happens it's usually a website that steals CPU usage for cryptomining, but I really doubt that's the case here since my CPU doesn't do anything weird when I browse reddit. Does it happen on any specific subs or anywhere you go in the website?

Macbook Pro, unironically.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] One Room S2 - 10 [1080p]05_stitch.jpg (1918x1995, 467K)

why does that one flag it though for that trojan? just making shit up? surely it detected it in the installer or something?

sorry for being stupid. but i guess this is the thread for stupid questions.

Attached: 1564092984410.jpg (619x453, 47K)

ThinkPad t520 and keep the change ya filthy animal

It's strange, it doesn't always happen, usually chrome is under 1% when not doing anything but after browsing reddit for a while it never goes below 20% usage.

I'm not sure what is causing it, maybe some bad script on a subreddit I use?

If I overclock from 2.9Ghz to 4.4Ghz that gets rid of the stuttering, it's just really fucking annoying.

You can only cram so many traces into the PCB, and the connector and controller both require more of them, and more components.

I already have an X220 and want an upgrade, not another memepad from 2012.

Attached: file.png (343x130, 9K)

Submit literally anything to VirusTotal and you will get some false positives. Some AV packages are aggressive, stupid or both.

Should i work for a startup? i have been applying to jobs for 2 months with no luck so far even with a CS degree and year's wort of internship experience. i finally got an interview and the founder/co-founder really like me, but I don't like the idea of risk but the founder has the means to fund his company, the problem is I would be the only developer and I'm not sure I can create a fully functional product without help from someone more experienced.

Obviously you should take it, a job is better than no job (even if it doesn't last that long) and the experience is always good to have on your CV/resume.

yeah thats what i was thinking, i just feel like i would be scamming the founders since I don't have much experience with a lot of the technologies required, i can do research on them but it would take me a couple weeks till i can actually do something relevant with the tools.

Employment is better than unemployment.
Experience is better than inexperience.
Always good to keep building your portfolio.
Taking chances makes life exciting.
If you've been applying for jobs this long with no luck then you should just go with this one.

All of the above is assuming you're not starving or something like that because this involves lots of risks. Then again you can always look for some other job in the meantime while you get an income. Little bit of income is better than nothing.

Startups suck because they have no benefits and high risk. It's worth it because I like the environment better. It's a more intimate and relaxed place with people who genuinely care. Or at least a higher chance than just being a cubical slave for some big name corporation.

If the employer cares about you they will train you.

>chrome
risitas.gif

they are from a non-technical background and both founders are younger than I am(23), they do seem to have done significant amounts of research into existing technologies though, they spoke like they were in the business but said they never wrote a single line of code.

Which plugin do I need to enable to watch Twitch on Chromium?

If you never use a computer you will never be hacked . based boomernip

Attached: $RVDXQPB.jpg (640x480, 96K)

>I have reddit open in chrome the CPU usage surges to like 20% and fortnite starts to stutter
How many layers of bait is this?

Just be honest with them, if they liked you enough they will listen and assuming you never lied on your CV/resume or interview, they will know what they're getting.

I've never owned a phone before. Never in my life.

What are some good, reliable phones that won't give me cancer and won't spy on me for less than 150 bucks? I'll mostly be using it for phonecalls and talking on Tox while I'm away from my computer, possibly taking photos with a camera if it's good.

yeah i didn't lie to them about myself, told them what I did and didn't have experience with, the only thing is that I wasn't aware the size of their programming team and gave them a ridiculously underestimated deadline for a base template. If i knew i was the only programmer i would have given them a more accurate answer.
you have a fair point

>won't spy on me
Literally none, but at that price look at Lenovorola's offerings with pure android.

Just be honest and go for it, stop doubting yourself for fuck's sake.

Hi guys. Watches are technology, right?

Basically I have a Casio radio controlled watch but it's showing the wrong time (it's 8 minutes and 12 seconds behind). It is supposed to get the time every day from an atomic clock in my country, and it has been accurate for maybe nearly 15 years that I've had this watch, up until the last week or so.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Casio radio controlled watch recently? Specifically if you're in the UK because that's where I am, and there is a radio transmitter in this country that it gets the signal from. Just wondering if there's an issue with the transmitter, or whether my watch is just fucked.

Attached: WVA-430U-1AVER.png (700x700, 145K)

if you want a good smartphone you have to accept spying

get a moto something something and keep it on aeroplane mode most of the time if you like to pretend you're a 1337 hackur or steroids running from da US gubbamint

otherwise maybe look into the upcoming librem 5 but don't expect anything like the camera to be any good

I've been trying to run R6 Siege for the past day, but I keep getting the same error over and over, and none of the fixes online are of any help. I get the error that d3dcompiler_43.dll cannot be found. Apparently this is a part of directx, but I have directx installed on my computer, and anytime I try to install/reinstall directx I get an "internal system error".

I know this board isn't tech support, but this error is retarded and I want a fix from somewhere.

What is the "deep web"?

I wish there was a CSS thread going somewhere in Jow Forums right now, but if there is one I couldn't find it, so I'll just ask it here.
Does anyone have with them the userChrome.css code to hide this annoying empty space at the beginning of Firefox's tabs bar in window mode?

Attached: untitled.png (1240x161, 8K)

Actually never mind about this, I noticed that the watch actually had received the right time (the digital display, when I changed to the time display, showed the correct time). So the hands were just in the wrong position. Thankfully I found the manual online which told me how to correct them. How they got out of sync though, I have no idea, because they have been in sync for so long, and one day they were just 8 mins and 12 seconds behind for some reason.

I've heard varying definitions, ranging from "anything that isn't a mainstream media site (social and otherwise)" to "stuff you access with anything that isn't http" to "content lacking a domain name".

Would magnets get messed up if an EMP would go off?

installed watercooling in my system using 13/10mm compression fittings. assuming that i want to change the tubing to 16/10mm, would it be enough to just change the gripping ring?

Laying out a MySQL DB for a project and I'm trying to tie plain-text entries to various users without being able to correlate those entries to any user by just looking at the table.

Should I just hash these entries using something based on the user's hashed password, or is there a better way?

Attached: 1562722099224.jpg (960x606, 57K)

So, I tried downloading the newest windows update. It failed, then I ran a setup diagnostic to see what was the issue.
Allegedly, this is the culprit.

Device Description: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #6 - A115
HardwareId: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A115
Inf Name: sunrisepoint-hsystem.inf

What exactly do I need to update? My CPU bios? My mobo (which is an Asus).

help
imgur.com/a/Hn1fup7

Your residential IP probably refreshed, as they do occasionally, and you happened to get a new one that was used for abuse before. Best bet is using a VPN or just waiting for the IP to refresh again.

Is this unrecoverably busted?

Attached: 20190808_031923.jpg (3264x1836, 2.12M)

>go to 192.168.0.1
look around the menus for a while
>release IP adress
>change router MAC address (just increment it)
>renew IP address
You now have a new IP.

If you still have the issue with a different IP try deleting cookies too.

>reseat all your components
try again
>boot with only CPU+mobo
try again
>if it works, add one component at a time and try again until you find the bad part

you might need to kill power to your modem during this too.

I used to use a Mac program for re-encoding music with a green circular icon with some brown goblins or some shit on the icon.
Any ideas?

Never mind, found it.
What an icon.

Attached: 14246.png (512x512, 368K)

Do you really need a computer science degree to be a programmer?

Is there some sort of device I can buy that can manually be switched to have my audio go to a split of headphones and speakers? Some kind of Both>headphone>stereo>both toggle

Attached: 1400780913099.png (451x449, 323K)

I'm too much of a brainlet to use Optimize Offline, can someone help me out?

github.com/DrEmpiricism/Optimize-Offline

This is the error msg I get. Please help me point this thing at my win 10 iso from MS so I won't have to suffer their garbage OS fully

Attached: wtf.jpg (836x555, 50K)

Is there a way to log in to an app without using its intended method? I accidentally updated and lost functionality I needed, when I restored to an older version, I was forced to log back in.

>disabled the ability to log in using older versions
>disabled the ability to log in using newer versions on emulators
So now I'm stuck. There are plenty of posts online in the past 6 months claiming it's impossible, but I was using it without issue until I updated.

Attached: snapchat.png (310x465, 89K)

What did they mean by 1066 overclock? Will I face any issue if I try to use a 1066FSB CPU? Will I have to overclock? Will the performance be reduced (assuming that the mobo will overclock itself - I have no idea if this even make sense)? Help, I only got interested in OC when I got my Sandy, so I know nothing about previous CPUs and this FSB thing. I'm thinking of getting either a E5500 (800FSB) or a E6500 (1066FSB) for this mobo so I can make it usable.
asus.com/Motherboards/P5SD2VM/

Attached: file.png (1030x784, 266K)

No, not with snapchat. They also scan your system for select things and look for bluestacks

aeonlucid.com/Snapchat-detection-on-Android/

>functionality i needed
You want to record thots
Your only options left are screen recording apps like A-Z and its only time before google adds a system api call for screen recording like apple did

Spilled tea on my 200 keyboard

am I fucked or can I open it and easily clean the insides>?

easiest place to get a aged/used twitter account?

Keep getting forced to phone verify on new accounts without even posting anything.

What resources and practice exam sets would you recommend for the Security+ cert? Currently going through professor messer's videos.

Use google voice numbers

You have to verify phone/sms with all major social media

You may have trouble with some add-in cards and devices, especially PCI.

I remember overclocking my old P4 (Northwood) from 1.6 or 1.7Ghz to 2.4GHz just by bumping up the FSB. Not much more heat either, the stock cooler could handle it just fine. That was the real golden age of OC.

cheers mate

>You may have trouble with some add-in cards and devices, especially PCI.
why?

I have a .doc file and under "downloads" in Firefox it is listed as being 82.5KB, but in file manager it's 84.48KB. What is the reason for the discrepancy in file size?

metadata? Or Firefox just isn't as accurate as the explorer?

Thanks for that link. It's so interesting how it checks for individual emulators and even virtual box. If that's the case, a new emulator would be able to get around this until they update it.

Is there any way to alter or mask the directories it checks? I don't need to screen record, because using an actual mobile device isn't an option.

Is kvm faster than VirtualBox for a VM server?

As of 10.56 snapchat has gone uber hardcore on anything root or tools that save
Just having root, and nothing else will get you banned
Having root + titanium backup(and nothing else) will get you banned.
Its a scope creap cause tibu has been on the google play store for well over a decade and isnt malicious.

The only option here is to not use snapchat and get everyone to move to a new service that isnt hardcore banning legitimate users. You can buy a google phone with the boot loader unlocked and snapchat bans you because the safetnet trips cause the boot loader us unlocked oem from google
Snap hasent advanced, they still use 1080 2 megabit rate for videos and downscales images to shitty. Every phone is 1440 or higher now but snap is still 1080 or lower

We need a mass exodus to a new service that uses 4k

Firefox uses KiB instead, probably.

>he bought a keyboard for 200 muttbux
LMAO
nigga just get a cheap logitech or microsoft one for like 20 bux
it does the exact same shit

is there anything worse in this world than hobbyists? fuckin suckas who waste their money on stupid shit! SHIT DAWG!!

Those are monsters from the popular kid's book Where the Wild Things Are

>Having root + titanium backup(and nothing else) will get you banned.
That's interesting, because I was able to use it without issue with Nox's root and Titanium. Unless it only checks on log-ins, I don't know how I got around that.

A better app would be great, but it's what all the thots use for now.

On older boards the FSB frequency was tied to the PCI frequency. Increasing one also increased the other, and many cards would fail to operate past a certain frequency (about 36 MHz). The board you posted is probably fine with it; there may be a BIOS option to decouple the clocks or explicitly set a ratio.

Note that at the time most CPUs had locked multipliers, so overclocking was generally limited to screwing around with the FSB frequency and voltage mods.

no, but it certainly tends to help. However an amazing number of people graduate with a CS degree and literally cannot get through fizzbuzz.

Is evolution still a theory or are we sure that it is 100% foolproof?

Foolproof? No, fools can screw around with the evolution of species pretty much without limit.

search 'audio switch' on amazon, something to do this was the 2nd result for me

I was on magisk lineage 15 and 16 for like 8 months and i got hit 4 back to back bans and now the account is nuked for like 3 months or some shit

There are various threads on XDA for different phones about snapchat bans since 10.56

But magisk nox and chainfire are all on snapchats watchlist.

>thots
That would be the best way to move to a new platform. If the titties go the dicks will follow.
Instagram live had promise but then they turned super christian and even clothed pics get removed for nudity so we need some hero to make a high quality version of snapchat and market to thots and do payment processing or some shit to get them on the platforms immediately

I only know really boring fizzbuzzes

Is there anyway to keep soft subs from mkv when encoding libx264 for mp4?

Attached: 1547370797711.png (584x1000, 421K)

I don't quite understand I intend for my keyboard to last my lifetime and it will be handed down to my children when I pass.

It is a theory in the scientific sense, in that we can observe it happening and make testible, verifiable predictions based on it. I dunno what you mean by 100% foolproof, but you can take the fact evolution is a valid theory with about the same certainty as any other thing you happen to believe.

What browsers work on PowerPC based Linux? I'm thinking about using Gentoo on some multicore PPC Macs.
>inb4 lol iToddlers
Yeah, yeah I know.

Attached: 1561268109395.jpg (1848x2587, 873K)

My raspberry pi won’t boot up all of a sudden. One red light only, no display out. Is it broken?

Anything normal people can't get to through search engines. All your email data? Deep web. Company intranet that requires a password? Deep web. Private forum? Deep web.
Nothing too crazy.

Do you know why they say that the FSB is 1066 "OC" tho? That's my main concern since I can't find any meaningful answer.

I've literally washed keyboards under water in the sink. As long as you let it dry VERY THOROUGHLY before you use it again it's usually fine.

Also, there would be any difference between a 1066 CPU and a 800 one, considering the circumstances? Like a Pentium E5300 and a C2D E7300, they both have similar performance on benchmarks, but one have a 800MHz FSB and the other, 1066MHz.

After 10 years on Jow Forums I am still amazed how many people don't seem to realise that different ISPs work differently when it comes to IP addresses. Especially on Jow Forums of all places, I would have thought you guys would know this.

*SOME* ISPs dynamically assign you an IP. But some of them don't. With my ISP I think my IP is static, or I think I read somewhere you can possibly get it renewed if you turn your router off for a month, or something. But for all intents and purposes it is static. Even if I reboot my router. So no, not every ISP will give you a new IP if you reboot your router, or if you go into the router settings and click on a setting to renew your IP address or whatever.

By all means try those things, yes. With some ISPs they might work. But for others they might not.

Means the north/south bridges expect a CPU with a 800MHz FSB but will support a 1066MHz one in "OC" mode (max).

Honestly it just sounds like wasting money on obsolete hardware to me.

I already have everything but a proper CPU, this thing currently has a Pentium 4 and it is simply unusable, a $5 C2D would make it at least useful. Also

Mac user here, I use a music encoder called MediaHuman Audio Converter. Been using it for years at this point and it works great. Just drag and drop what you want to convert (in my case FLAC files) then convert it to whatever you want (in my case 320 kbps AAC).

The app is free. God knows how they make money - they do have a donate button so I guess that's how, but I doubt they get much when you're giving your app away for free. I hope they ain't spying on me and shit. There aren't any ads in the app so yeah, hopefully it's alright.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-08-09 at 02.36.25.png (1224x1108, 279K)

Then go for it, it's $5.

I will. But can you tell me if I get a 1066 CPU it's possible that it'll perform worse than expected due this overclock?

>upgrade from 1060 to 2070 and continue using the 1060 for my shitty monitor
>stuttering in my gaymes that wasn't there before

Is the 2070 bottlenecked because it's only running a single 1080p 144hz display?

Attached: 1495883111_Ainsley Photoshop.jpg (657x683, 86K)

>brushing teeth
>go to brush tongue
>gag and nearly vomit in the sink
how can technology help me with this?
Apparently this is a common enough problem that pic related was on first page of google image search...

Attached: gag reflex.png (720x501, 275K)

is there a way to back up an android tablet fully? i want to wipe it with a fresh install but be able to revert it back to the way it was if i fuck up

Try not sticking that toothbrush so far back you hit the uvula.

Wait a bit after eating before brushing your teeth.

is it possible to install linux on an old samsung galaxy tablet

>you hit the uvula
I most definitely did not. I start gagging well before I pass my back teeth. What's weird is I can brush the back teeth themselves just fine, and I never have a problem with food or anything. As soon as I move the tongue though...
This was my pre-bedtime brushing, I haven't eaten anything in several hours.