Do you compile your own kernel? If so, what options do you enable/disable?

Do you compile your own kernel? If so, what options do you enable/disable?

Attached: Kernel-Linux.png (690x335, 187K)

There's quite a few, but it's mostly to do with my RAID card.

Thinking about compiling a hardened kernel for my VPN server.

Have sex

Get off my board normie

Compiling your kernel yourself is a ridiculous waste of time.

>browsing Jow Forums

How do I learn how to compile my kernel correctly? I've done it wrong a couple times now.

install gentoo

this

That's what I was trying to do.

Attached: 1561872140696.jpg (894x720, 193K)

Attached: 1417646830160.jpg (250x250, 22K)

Yes. I use Gentoo so it wouldn't make sense not to.

Nah. Takes a while the first time but after that you only need to config it whenever new options are added.

all 7 systems are monolithic, except one because of nvidia, tailored to each piece of hardware

I would if i knew how. Fuking nvidia drivers are a pain in the ass to configure.

Not as much as keeping you alive

anything that has to do with intel

Practice abstinence.

Start with localmodconfig and then start tweaking from there. If you start from minimal config its way too easy to get a kernel with no keyboard or framebuffer to actually use it.

The most minimal bootable kernel that supports only my specific hardware, so that I can iterate quick builds for testing. I used to build with no modules and EFISTUB to get the full monolithic kernel experience, but I switched to modules so I can add add drivers without rebooting.

Kernel is 4.7MB and modules are 26MB.

Only frivolous things I've enabled which I am not using actively are all the netfilter modules, and some VM support shit.

Using a tick-based 1000HZ kernel for ultimate low latency gaymen experience.

Gay men?

I go to the Debian hcl, find all of the shit my machine has, then proceed to build my kernel with support for only the music I have.

Music?

>Not compiling your music in kernel
What are you even doing here?

Kek

I just used genkernel and enabled a few things that my laptop had that weren't enabled by fault: touchscreen, bluetooth, shit for iptables, etc...
How do I start from the ground up and get a tiny ass kernel that only has what I need, and doesn't take 45 minutes to compile?

Full preemption, 1000Hz, constant timer tick.

Just use linux-ck with localmoddb