I hate the manual meme

I hate the manual meme

Attached: manvsauto.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/31/tesla-car-crash-autopilot-mountain-view
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy a Toyota.

buy a 3k civic

What meme?

Can't help but feel sorry for the yuropoors who get stuck with manuals.

The same problem exists on those too.

Paddle shifters are the best of both worlds.

auto trannies get out

what's your problem? I don't understand your meme

Should I get a Prius?

or just pointless. if its a good enough auto to have paddles its also good enough to not need driver input.
either I'm having full driver involvement or i'm relaxing in comfort. this idea has always been stupid.

Attached: one 'shit idea no one asked for' coming up!.jpg (1013x675, 99K)

That's you're fault for thinking you could easily find a 240sx that didn't have drift tax and wasn't beat to piss.

If you're looking for any of the low tier affordable sports cars in manuals like civics, GTI's, Toyotas, among other extremely popular tuner cars, you're going to run into more than bad simply for that fact that kids and young adults beat the fucking piss out of them because they're cheap and easy to mod.

If I was looking for ANY kind of car, it would be a manual. Whether it's a GTI or a Civic, or a manual Tacoma, Ford ranger, Kia or whatever. Manual, regardless of the car you're in, for speed or comfort, offers more control and feels better. It's also inherently safer as you're required to use all 4 limbs while driving. Keeping you mostly constantly occupied at least while city driving.

That being said, even with dozens of not hundreds of more reasons to say don't buy an automatic, especially for repair costs.

Automatics are fucking boring dude. I understand you just need a car to get from A to B. So does everybody in Europe. I didn't hear any of them complaining until the last decade or less. Just get a fucking 5 speed and leave it stock and treat it as just another car I'd you're not a car guy. It's easier, more reliable, and serviceable at home or at least cheaper to service at a shop.

>can't help but feel sorry for the people with better cars

user, we have automatics too and they cost only a few k more. Matter of preference.

My father has a 2006 Nissan Altima with 5 speed manual that's coming in on 350k miles. He simply replaces the clutch every 100k. Some manual cars are great.
Except that even top tier cars these days are coming in automatic.

They're not automatics you dipshit. They utilize dual clutch systems with very complicated computer systems. It is by far nothing similar or even in the same ballpark as a regular automatic transmission with a torque converter and planetary gear system or similar design.

Dual clutch systems and paddle shifters are very complicated and high performance automated manual transmissions that are designed for sports vehicles. A lot of cars have regular automatic transmissions with paddle shifters. It is NOT the same as a dual clutch transmission with paddle shifters. And even some of the fastest and smoothest dual clutch systems like the DSG system that Audi/vw/Porsche/Lamborghini use have regular issues and cost insane amounts of money to fix or replace compared to regular clutch and manual transmission servicing.

Sorry I don't think that Volkswagen use their DSG gearboxes for Lamborghini's. They used it on the Bugatti Veyron though.

most yuropoors drive cars that are too shitty to be sold in america.

manuals are preferable in the types of low power shitboxes that they drive. Only good auto transmissions are the high end ones with a ridiculous amount of gears. The slushboxes are unbearable to drive.

Why is that car in a field?

You can't gear break with manual, enjoy your shit efficiency

>with very complicated computer systems.
This just sounds so incredibly stupid, holy shit. If it's true, even worse.
If a system cannot be easily explained succinctly and has to rely on words like "complicated" then it's most definitely shit.

>tfw your brakes are metal on metal but you can still drive sort of because you can engine brake

DCT are automatics the "traditional" automatic is a torque converter(slushbox) that is getting a comeback in germans cars because its better for luxury and good enough for 2 ton "sport" sedans/crossover. Why have a slushbox and a dct when you can use a ZF 8HP everywhere.

We can buy automatics here. But most people learn to drive with manual since it allows you to actually drive anything.

Why would you not want to shift manually? Are you too dumb or somet- Oh wait, just saw the "$" in your picture, nevermind :^)

If your arms are so fat that it's a struggle to move then a manual wouldn't really work, thats why ameritards drive auto

Report, hide and move on your braindead niggers.

>stupid race car drivers with their SMGs

>only advantage manualfags claim is muh road feel
>feeling the rattle from your trash gearbox

Autos have
>better fuel efficiency
>shift faster than you can blink
>reliable
>don't have to change gears
>saving on clutch replacements
>can handle more power

My car shifts when I want rather than when it thinks I want it to and I can brake without brakes

>automatics don't have manual modes or paddle shifters
>automatics apparently speed up when you take your foot off the accelerator

dumb ass

>automatics don't have manual modes or paddle shifters
Most don't. My dad had a SUV with a manual mode and he hated it
>automatics apparently speed up when you take your foot off the accelerator
Where did I say that?

>Most don't. My dad had a SUV with a manual mode and he hated it
So it had the mode he just didn't like it...wow great point

>So it had the mode he just didn't like it
In other words it wasn't as good as a real manual

which has nothing to do with the point i made

>I prefer manuals
>some automatics have manual modes
>the only person I know who has experience with that hated that
>that's not relevant

>Most don't.
>Most don't.
>Most don't.
>Most don't.

Yes, and?

The "hardest" part of driving a manual is clutch use, paddles solve that.

ok hime-sama

>Automatics are fucking boring dude
Boring is good. The last thing I want when I'm driving is exciting things to be happening.

>Hating a manual
Is it because you're a dumb-fuck american who can't put his two brain-cells together to drive a manual?

Yeah heaven forbid I enjoy my drive, I'd much rather it be yet another unavoidably monotonous chunk of my day.

there isn't any pro to a manual gearbox besides price but you can haggle the difference down

Lmao at U nigger. American cars are disposable as fuck compared to European ones. Even your sports cars are cheap as shit and don't last long.

Avoiding death while performing an activity that is statistically the most likely way for me to die in my lifetime is exciting enough for me, I don't need to fiddle around with a dildo at the same time to keep me entertained.

What a fucking aspie

ITT: Burgers thinking they are superior to the rest of the world for driving automatics

Confirmed not American.

these
- i've heard people say "autos can shift just as quick if not quicker than you can!", may be true, but can they preempt gear changes?
- compression braking is nice to reduce brake pad wear
- why not? if you've used one for more than 10 minutes you'd know it becomes second nature, it's not something you really have to think about

Why do manuals confuse and enrage the American? They seem easily confused by anything that requires more than 2 brain cells. Pic related blows their tiny minds

Attached: rule-185-follow-the-correct-procedure-at-roundabouts_orig.jpg (960x624, 223K)

preach it

>leaving home unironically
I want normalfriends to go back.

Back to your cage.

Attached: IMG_20190611_154431__01.jpg (3160x2057, 1.17M)

I love roundabouts but the only time anyone brings them up is to bitch about them

Attached: magicroundabout.jpg (2400x1350, 830K)

few problems with autotragics
>they go into neutral on decel, instead of holding the gear, costing me fuel and i have to press brakes to slow down
>they dont know when to upshift, does it either to soon or too late
>less control over my car
>no clutch
>even in "manuel" mode they up shift or down shit a whole second later, for down shifts cant revmatch, since look above
>pressing gas makes the car jerk because it decides to downshift, since it cruising on too low rpm and in too high gear by default.
>cant play with the shifter

Autos are only cheaper in america.

>it allows you to actually drive anything.
Nice cope. Today's cars are full of computers that prevent you from crashing your shit. You aren't in actual control of the car anyway, might as well let it handle the gearbox as well unless you're a fucking autist.

T. Europoor who drives shitty manual daily in the city

>implying driving a modern vehicle is necessary

>todays cars
thats your 1st mistake, cars after 2005 suck ass, all of them are pigfat boats with bloated software that prevents me from driving

autos fucking suck

t. Europoor who drives shitty autotragic and manual daily in the city

>cars are full of computers
>prevent you from crashing your shit
>Imagine being this much of a retard
theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/31/tesla-car-crash-autopilot-mountain-view
>many such cases

>prevents me from driving
Nice meme. Let me guess, you use a command line video player on gentoo loonix as well just so you can say you're in full control of the machine and you can enjoy the ride. Yeah fuck double clicking and fuck the mouse, command prompt is where it's at.

God you fucking autist are annoying.

>he is too dumb to type or drive manual
lmao, keep seething

The absolute STATE of American gearlets

This.

manual is just luddite shit people circlejerk over because they want to feel superior for dealing with objectively worse tech. It's been a long time since manual has had any actual advantages over automatic. Now it's just the thing for people who want to LARP as street racers, whereas everyone else just gets the thing that works perfectly without having to think about it, because a car is a tool for transportation, not a boomer enthusiast toy.

I wonder why actual f1 or rally racers don’t use manuals with a clutch pedal but paddle shifters with a sequential manual gearbox

>I can't drive

kek

Because they're using specialized high performance transmissions designed for exactly what they're trying to do

>why yes I do drive an automatic
>why yes my car does contain a thousand different censor an error on any of which will put the car into limp mode and require a (((certified))) mechanic to work upon it with a (((certified))) diagnostics machine
>what gave it away?

Attached: 1537350580153.png (323x570, 214K)

The same happens with modern manual cars, except with maybe 1% less sensors.

>unironically wanting botnet in your gearbox
amerimutts cant drive.

>6 hours ago
The hell is this thread? There's a whole board for this crap

this is fucked and I don't see a reason why this couldn't just be one roundabout

>very complicated computer systems.
>shifters are very complicated

youre a faggot

Northern Georgia seems to fucking love roundabouts for some reason. I think it helps keep the niggers south of Athens.

It just expedites things. Say you entered the roundabout on the bottom right. Rather than going all the way around to the exit on the right you can just cut right immediately after entering then exit again

Manual transmission is the same as fidget spinners. Only autists enjoy them.

fake, italy have roundabouts even on home driveways at this point and niggas are everywhere.

Hurr Durr to stupid to learn how to properly drive. Pic related, it's my car and it's a manual. Cannot believe Amercunts

Attached: xc40.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

and pilots.
oh sorry nvm, in burgerland your "races" consist of driving in circles or going fast on a straight line.

>imagine not having full control over your veichle
i bet you all use an ubuntu based distro that hold your hands.
cars with manual shifters are the gentoo of cars.

You missed this anons point about being to drive anything. You can do your test driving a manual and you can drive either trasmission. Do it in an automatic and your only licenced to drive automatic cars.

Keeps retards off the streets.

Lmao at all you faggots who can't drive stick.

Tired automatics once, hated it.
Was a fucking pain getting onto the motorway because acceleration was pretty much non-existent

Attached: 7k24xova0ya11.jpg (750x738, 54K)

that's because of your tiny little faggot euro engine, Americans drive V6 minimum

If you don't know how to driver a manual then you don't really know how to drive.

automatics dont feel good to drive, manual is better you have more control over the vehicle

Attached: 1531900565066.jpg (1200x675, 70K)

>burgers taking the piss out of cheaper cars even though they dont actually buy cars but take out a loan/finance them

Attached: kyoko kek.gif (344x426, 714K)

Wait, there ppl that can't drive manual? What the fuck?

Anyway, if I lived in the city I'd rather have an automatic car.

Imagine thinking this was true.

Attached: 1563002858256.jpg (180x196, 11K)

>t. amerimutt

americans can't drive manual
yes, they are that stupid

i think you mean worst of both worlds
basically an manually-operated automatic transmission
basically pointless

I bet all amerimutt posters drive 4cyl diesels

My current car is an automatic because I moved to a city. I'm planning to move out though, so as long as the next one isn't electric it will certainly be a manual.