Theoretically speaking, what can stop Google from doing this:

Theoretically speaking, what can stop Google from doing this:

>"From now on, we are not paying any taxes".
>government: "B-But you have to, w-we will take over your headquarters!!!"
>"In any sign of aggression towards us, we are turning off all Google releated services. Just so you know we mean it, we are turning them down now for 30 minutes." *hits killswitch*
>all android phones stop working, Google 404, etc...

While quite extreme scenario, why they keep paying taxes and complying with government demands? Google does not need them, but everyone else needs Google.

Attached: googlelogo_color_160x56dp.png (320x112, 7K)

Everyone will switch to Yahoo or something, Yahoo gets funded by the govt, Yahoo becomes a monopoly
Idk

based and monopoly pilled

Good idea for a movie

The government would not give a fuck and they would be arrested anyway.

why arent our tax dollras being used to create a national infrastructure of internet and cellular communication so we can one day have it for free as a gov provided service or at the very least subsidized and cheap like a utility

yahoo has shit search results and everybody knows it, it would take years to fix and replace what google has built
But you know how google is nowadays attached to almost everything on the net, if they use killswitch then world will become chaos.

>all android phones stop working
Good thing LineageOS doesn't have backdoors

Does yahoo still exist? I blocked their domains the moment yahoo answers got fucked by gdpr and became unusable.

Humanity existed without gaygle for thousands of years. Plus I think government would just seize all Google property.

>for thousands of years
Lel

>But everyone else needs google.
According to who? The only service of theirs I use at all is recaptcha, and that's less than once per week.

>Jow Forums pass
>apple phone (with SnowHaze as browser)
>DDG for search
>criptext for email
>libre office for office docs
>Iridium for browser, Pale Moon and Firefox as backups customized and ready to go.
>Mega for E2E encrypted backups
>OpenStreetMap with a backup of Apple Maps

They can suspend all services, and it literally wouldn't affect me at all unless I was trying to sign into something that required it for some reason (paypal does it to me on occasion, but you can bet they'll remove that shit if they think there's a possibility of it going down).

Why would they even consider that? the government is a friend to monopolies, they are the ones that creates stupid and arbitraries bureaucracy that kills even the possibility of competition

Corps like alphabet don't pay much taxes in countries like the US. They are based in tax havens.

You scenario is retarded. Google already bribes the politicians. Google doesn't have any problems with the government. They are very good friends.

The only situation anything remotely like this could happen is if a government would be put in place in the US that really disagreed with google. Like a alt-right government or a judenfrei left wing government. At that point though there would be enough turmoil in the country that google being offline would be fine, or possibly preferable for the government because google would be running a massive campaign against them.

You better have some strict encryption and ironclad privacy laws.

DDG relies on Google search

1. Google already doesn't pay taxes
2. Threatening the government is a bad idea, because there are always prosecutors who act independent of the government. And they don't take shit.

3. If people become aware of a kill switch, entire countries will try to avoid your product
4. If you threaten the wrong government, they will literally kill you.

>But you know how google is nowadays attached to almost everything on the net, if they use killswitch then world will become chaos.
How? Yeah people would look dumb at their phones and email boxes, but else? You're overestimating the real world influence of Google by a large margin.

That's not the fault of Google, that's the fault of all these companies who rely on Googles services. Internet was invented as a decentralized media. If people don't want that - shit happens.

Also, they can just go and take out some people who said that google won't pay taxes, and keep everythig else as it is and just put someone else as new ceo.
If all google employees think like that, then just jail them all and shut down google, guess ppl have to deal with that then. It wouldn't affect me directly for example, everything I own or use does not rely on Googles services, at least in term of important stuff (Jow Forums does not count as important)

This. The government doesnt require google to operate. They will just fall back to dot matrix printers, carrying pidgeons, beepers, pen and paper etc. temporarily, while they send in every alphabet agency under the sun to destroy google.
Imagine Trump making the presidential order to airstrike google hq

Google can't do shit because none of their services are essential, especially to the government. If they don't accept to be arrested then the gov can send the military.

It's Bing and DDG is irrelevant.

Infrastructure exists that allows the government to function even after a nuclear exchange has taken out the entire powergrid, so I don't think google has any way to stop them from just mobilizing the local national guard, marching into their headquarters, and announcing that anyone who doesn't cooperate with their orders is a member of a terrorist organization attempting to disrupt national commerce.

All of their competitors, which yes they do exist, would immediately eat up their marketshare

Ok, we'll just block all of your domains until your taxes are all paid up.

>Google's fw

Attached: wwydt.jpg (362x208, 13K)

It's a retarded idea, Google just needs to grow (especially in width) enough and eventually it can just be more powerful than the US government, you just need one large enough conglomerate which employs ~10% of the population and has its own "private security".
At that point the CEO of Google will just be defacto more powerful than the US president.

Because it would bring less money into politicians' pockets.
Also, America would freak out about it being "communism".

Because capitalists want their share.

>we are turning off all Google related services
I thought their goal was to make money, not shut themselves down.

What did he mean by this?

I'd cum if this happened. Marines would have taken over google hq within an hour.

When the government (USA Federal at least) gets involved with infrastructure that needs constant monitoring and upgrades, it always turns out horribly. Our interstate bridges are monitored but hardly ever upgraded. The government's own intranet is years behind and practically Swiss cheese. Our border security is a damn laughing stock. Veteran healthcare, while improving, has left patients dead under a pile of red tape.

What example of anything has led you to believe the USA Federal government can build a fast, reliable, national network, that will also be upgraded in a timely manner?

Except that they're both the same entity.

the feds would just raid them. In the US, if there is one entity you don’t fuck with, it’s the IRS.

It would be chaos for a few months, possibly a year yes, but competitors would very quickly fill the void

If anything it would lead to a better healthy competition, rather than a monopoly

The gov should unironically just raid Google anyways lmfao without provocation

They already don't pay taxes. Even if they did, their ability to control information and manipulate people's opinions is way more valuable than some tax money.

>Theoretically speaking, what can stop Google from doing this
communism actually

You don't threaten a government unless you have an army.

Google rents most of their servers from Amazon. Amazon would turn it over to the government.

>Google does not need them, but everyone else needs Google.
Not true. There isn't a hole in the market that wouldn't be filled a couple of months after Google disappeared.

if they try that shit yeah, the world will be distrupted for a day.
but they will be fucked in the ass in courts so hard it will be the digital fall of Roman Empire.

Imagine being this retarded

- Their headquarters will be raided and their management board will be replaced by the people government assigned.
- They will not be labeled as terrorists but people who gave that oder sure get fucked in the ass for their entire life.
- Nearest competitor will get government support to take over seized infrastructure and continue what Google does under new name.
- On international level, it will make European Union take counter-measures for future not same shit happen to them, this time competitors will be also fucked in the ass with new laws.

It's the year 2019, figure it out...

Google is infinitely more profitable as a government-friendly de-facto monopoly than it would be in OP's case, even paying taxes.

Humanity existed for thousands of years without electricity too, civilization would still shit itself if it were removed abruptly because people are currently dependent on it

I don't think many posters here realize how many government agencies are managed entirely in G Suite

The feds would just freeze their bank accounts. What, did you think they owned their own banning infrastructure too?

Think about how quickly the transition from LTE to 5g is taking in a mostly free economy. You think the fucking government could roll out a next gen telecom standard across the entire country as cheaply or quickly as these companies have done?

Most people doesn't like the idea of going to prison. Or get killed. Gov can legally do both.

Attached: 1521515424062.png (500x455, 119K)

This happens already. Didn't this happen this year with Amazon? They told either no taxes or fuck off employment for thousands of people or sum sheeit like day (me no be kangz from burgerland)

Google doesn't pay taxes. Also why would android phones stop working? This thread is so retarded. OP must be americut.

>Gov can legally do both
>get killed
Imagine being American.

>Google pays taxes in the first place

theoretically speaking there are much easier ways to get out of paying taxes when your a huge global corp this whole scenario you've invented is just silly

Probably the fucking army taking over their corporate headquarters, shooting anyone in the way and turning them back on.

a bigger engine that covers all google and dark net under a new browser

based

If a police in your country get in to your place and shot you in the back what will you do? Write a strongly worded letter from after life?
Every govs have power to do so but they just decide not to because it will cause bad press.

No they don't? If they killed me because I didn't pay taxes, the people involved in the assassination would be jailed. It's literally against the law.

>Govt. seizes Google property
>Cops roll up, arrest a bunch of people and turn the services back on

*Gets nationalised*

The whole administration? Or just the police? They can write you off as resisting arrest you know?

Attached: 1509677984572.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

>yahoo has shit results
Bro, Google has been doing extra work to obfuscate results and now is even shittier than Bing.

Because Google can't afford to field a bigger army than the rest of the world combined

They would just switch to different services? What the fuck does Google offer that other companies don't?

>Imagine Trump making the presidential order to airstrike google hq
Stop. My penis can only get so erect.

If they somehow manage to hide the fact they did commit a crime of assassination is another topic, the fact is it's against the law to kill someone because they didn't pay the fucking taxes. And it's kinda rare to hear of police killing people where I live anyway.

US Marines pulling up in black Ford Raptor trucks
Google hq is under siege
Under lockdown
US Marines are gonna fuck Google hq basedboy butts

>nerds with laptops
>soldiers with guns
Try again OP

>Google does not need them, but everyone else needs Google
Never mind OP, don't try again, you are too retarded

Sindome?

It's good you have so much faith to your gov. I won't criticize that. Even if they don't kill you for not paying tax, they can make you wish you are dead.
>it's against the law
They are the law. Trias politica is a myth.

atlas shrugged intensifies

That's not what I said at all, the fact is killing someone who didn't pay their taxes is not only against the law but pretty retarded. People get arrested/fined in the civilesed world, not killed.

this.

>Imagine Trump making the presidential order to airstrike google hq
please do the one in my city too