Do you pay for software...

Do you pay for software? I've literally never paid for software in my life yet I enjoy the latest and greatest Windows OS, full Adobe suite of applications, professional grade data recovery programs, the latest video games, etc

Attached: 1554834560258.png (208x229, 6K)

so you're a criminal. do you rob from stores as well?

WOW you managed to pirate literal malware, great job.

Who gives a fuck?

I wonder who the real freetards are

Attached: jumpingcursed.jpg (525x509, 26K)

sounds like 90's and 00's in Eastern Europe.

No my mom bought them

I pay for software but I refuse to pay for software subscriptions

it's ok
to each their own
keep up the good work

This, I'll gladly pay for software and digital product if it's DRM, but I'll always steal subscription shit

Based

based

Wow great you didn't pay for a product. How admirable. Take a basic class in economics (hell even economics for dummies would suffice). If no one were to pay for those things they wouldn't exist. Or atleast not in the scale and at the rate of development that they do. Look at linux (disclaimer I use linux and support open source software) sure they get frequent updates but development on the scale that these private companies do is seldom seen even in projects with insane amounts of contributors. Very often the open source alternative for software is of lesser quality (exceptions definitly exist). This would be al software if we all acted like you.
The basic argument the FOSS comunity is that software by the vertue of being information and easily copiable should not be sold and only support should be sold. Not all software can have support for it sold though. Furthermore books can also easily be copied both digitally and physically. Under the same logic should we also stop paying authors?

See

This I honestly can agree with if there is not some underlying reason that makes it make sense to be a subscription (like an mmo with server cost or something similar. SAAS doesnt count as they legit created the problem themselves their and its worse in almost every way).

Does that reply really matter? How often do we get piratefags on this board boasting about how smart they are? The argument stands even if not applicable to this dumbass.

Same here and I've never had to torrent pirated versions or crack any of it. I guess I've just been lucky. I've even got a full copy of 3ds max

>Always pirate the latest version of photoshop
>Never use it, prefer paint dot net
>Still costing Abobe millions of dollars

Yes, I pay for software that is free as in freedom. OP you should not use any of those programs. Even if you got them for no cost, they still don't respect your freedom.

>latest and greatest Windows OS
What a fucking retard.

>Windows bad
>Linux gud
Based

Torrent link for the adobe suite shit pls

major software i use

>gnu coreutils
>gcc
>linux kernel
>gimp
>krita
>firefox or qutebrowser
>st
>mpv

so no

No. I used to pirate, but these days I just use free software.

I pirate everything twice, so companies go out of business faster.

why do underage fags always boast about piracy? it has been going on since before you were born. no one is impressed.

not really
bought Renoise about 6 years ago after using the demo for ages
bought some filesystem software for Windows since I didn't feel like dealing with shit that'd only maybe work and maybe might just silently truncate files when copying or some dumb shit because no one actually tested it

haven't bought a game in ages either (I think the most recent one I got was Sonic Mania), so there isn't even that -- I can't remember what I'd have bought before that
and a bunch of shit I use day-to-day is FOSS

it's not like I care about piracy either, I did the whole cracked windows and photoshop and games thing
but 90% of my computer time these days is either in browser, Renoise, or a text editor
and I've gotten fast enough with GIMP even the UI is still shit that it doesn't matter (actually, my entire issue with it now is the absolute fucking lack of non-destructive editing in GIMP)

tl;dr:
sometimes, but not often, and not in a while

>If no one were to pay for those things they wouldn't exist
*stallman looks at you from above*
*stallman stabs you in the eye with gnu emacs*
*linus stabs you in the other eye with the 5.2 kernel*
*linus takes out the kernel from your eye and pisses in the socket*
You: thank you master

I stopped being such pirate when I started buying second hand business laptops with activated win 10. Feels good to buy nice looking laptop for the less than price of Win10 license and still get legal Win10 Pro for free

Attached: 133.png (680x425, 425K)

> if no one paid for something they wouldn't buy then the economy would collapse

holy shit imagine that an OP like this actually exists

Engineers don't deserve any money.
t. Engineer

You do realize I use linux right? I stated as such. Hell I adressed that.

Bulgarian here, Eastern Europe is still like this.

I never even stated that also not OP so new fag the fuck outta here with that bs or learn to read.

You know who pays for the software that I write? Me, nigga.
You know what I charge for it? Nothing.
You know what it costs me to distribute it? Nothing other than the internet bill I pay for anyway.
My devs tools? Written by like minded folk so they cost nothing.

rarely

Attached: winrar.png (1444x1536, 167K)

>Winarar in 2018
I'm disappointed.

The newer the Windows version, the worse it is.

>latest
>greatest
>Windows

Maybe in your opinion but I bet you haven't even evaluated it enough to know. You're probably just trying to fit in which sucks for the rest of the readers.

I've funded a software in kickstarter long ago and it came into fruition quite nicely. I've also bought some games decades ago. Like WC3:TFT, CnC: Generals, and WoW. But I don't remember any other purchases.