Linux Journal is closing down

For everyone who wants to batch download all the PDFs... I put this command together:

pastebin.com/uYaRB95W

Attached: 2000px-Linux_Journal_logo.svg.png (2000x968, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxjournal.com/content/linux-journal-ceases-publication-awkward-goodbye
linuxjournal.com/content/nsa-linux-journal-extremist-forum-and-its-readers-get-flagged-extra-surveillance
linuxjournal.com/
social.librem.one/@kyle
twitter.com/@kylerankin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

linuxjournal.com/content/linux-journal-ceases-publication-awkward-goodbye

Attached: bigstock-Torn-Red-Paper-Revealing-The-W-294597019_0.jpg (850x500, 24K)

I never really gave a shit about LJ but I'm a data hoarder so why not. Thanks user.

well, it was a notorious hotbed for terrorist extremists: linuxjournal.com/content/nsa-linux-journal-extremist-forum-and-its-readers-get-flagged-extra-surveillance

Actually pretty good, good job OP

Same here, although I'm a bit sad because the less is written about Linux the less people will know about it. I'm going to go through all the LJ issues at my own pace.

Nice try

is this one command or two?

LMAO. I have to read this :D

What do you mean? :o

Yeah, it's technically two commands.

GNU/Linux*

This. They are only 2.2 GB and better safe than sorry.

Touché.

Attached: Richard_Stallman_at_Marlboro_College_matrix.png (2560x1440, 3.32M)

It seems there are multiple html and pdf, presumably different, copies floating about. I usually don't care about metadata too much but is it worth while in this case?

Goodbye comrade

Attached: 100% sad.jpg (442x740, 86K)

What do you mean? The command I shared downloads the PDFs straight from Linux Journal's own web page. It's only 2.2GB for all 170 issues.

The PDFs must be correct since they're hosted by Linux Journal themselves.

What happened to it?

>Linux Journal

>On August 7, 2019, Linux Journal shut its doors for good. All staff were laid off and the company is left with no operating funds to continue in any capacity. The website will continue to stay up for the next few weeks, hopefully longer for archival purposes if we can make it happen.
–Linux Journal, LLC

source: linuxjournal.com/

Freetards bumping head first into reality - nothing comes for free.

Free Software means free as in freedom, not as in free beer.

Attached: feel_like_a_sir_in_hd_by_lemmino-d6023aa.png (787x1010, 61K)

cool, thanks user

One of the biggest annoyances of the naming controversy is freetards trying to wedge the GAHNOO SUHLASH part in where it doesn't belong.

To be fair, a large part of any Linux distribution is the GNU system, without which Linux would be unusable. GNU predates Linux. Hell, even the terminal (Bash) itself belongs to the GNU project, which just shows you how important GNU and FSF has been for Linux to be a fully functional OS instead of just a kernel. Also, if Linux wasn't released under the GNU General Public License, it would've gotten nowhere. Zero recognition, zero feedback and zero code contributions. So give thanks where thanks are due.

Attached: GNU meditate_crushed.png (2560x1440, 2.11M)

>hopefully longer if we can make it happen
you can host a shit website like that for years on $50

>If you want to keep in touch, you can find me at social.librem.one/@kyle on Mastodon and twitter.com/@kylerankin on Twitter.

what a fucking loser

funny, I didn't even know this existed until this morning when my gf bought me a copy

>:D
>:o
Off yourself

No, the biggest annoyance is people have called an OS by the name of a fucking kernel since fucking forever.
It's GNU, not Linux, and the abomination "GNU/Linux" is just stupid. 99.999% of GNU implementations are using Linux, so the only reason you'd specify your damn kernel is if you used something else. Yes, Linux is not a part of the GNU core programs, but who the living fuck cares.
Call it GNU and end this bullshit.

it took me way too long to realize everything is floating

Why are we discussing this? No one here had even heard of this journal until Hacker News mentioned it.

>haven't heard of LJ
You poor sheltered WIndows kid.

>a large part of any Linux distribution is the GNU system
>any
*most

But this is Linux Journal, it pertains to the kernel and things that run on it. It's not the GAHNOO Journal. They may cover GNU software here and there but there are articles specifically about kernel development and non-GNU software as well. Linux, not GNU/Linux, is correct.

the sub reddit of datahoarder has a torrent you can download if you're scared of scripts online
also makes sharing ez yes

Sad stuff, thanks for posting OP

>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit>the sub reddit

fuck off reddit

its useful and relevant, neck yourself.

Indeed

everybody is already on reddit

No reason to be afraid, if you know what it's doing.

Jesus are you really the guy from YouTube?