Are HHKBs just a reddit meme or there's some value on them?

Are HHKBs just a reddit meme or there's some value on them?

Attached: IMG_20180324_194826-678x381.jpg (678x381, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Realforce-Keyboard-Tenkeyless-Black-Weight
wooting.io/wootingone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have 3

Glorified meme.
Custom keyboard offer more than those things.
I wont comment on the keypress feel but that shouldn't be your only criteria when buying keyboards.

>QMK firmware
pretty much god lvl keyboard if you manage to put this firmware into a keyboard.
>Replacable keycaps
being able to change keycaps is always nice feature, also the stem should be a generic one so you can benefit from a boarder selection.
>maintenance
something always breaks, be it a led, switch stabilizers or what ever, the ability to buy spare parts is a must.
>plastic cases
actually plastic cases are fine and i like them, they don't weight much and can take some punches, compare this to aluminum cases that are heavy and are easily scratch like for example those shit macbooks.
>Price
and my last criteria would be price, if its to expensive its probably hypster shit and i stay away.

literally just get a btc dome with slider

Was going to buy one but I can't imagine having to get used to the weird ctrl and backspace placement after using the normal layout my entire life. The reviews for the switches seem good though and they do bluetooth versions no ANSI though.

Wouldn't a good custom keyboard be more expensive? Also there's some cost for the soldering iron and that stuff

it was originally a geekhack meme then it moved over to Jow Forums then the numales from reddit stole it

Tried one and couldn't get used to the arrow diamond layout. Just build yourself a custom or get a Leopold desu.

my hhkb is 11 years old let me know how i could have just purchased a custom keyboard eleven years ago lil squirt

>custom keyboard eleven years ago lil squirt
by actually not being a brain dead consumerism idiot? most customs are just side projects where the designer tries to make some extra bucks by offering it to other people.

I bet you didn't even build your house and your car. Fucking consumerfag.

absolute meme
There's nothing wrong with Caps Lock. Bring it back.

Where are the rest of the keys? Is this for people with small arms or desks?

unix layout

my father did built his own house, probably will build my own to, its so simple to make one i don't even know why you though it would sound challenging.
For the car... well those things are to complex for a single man operation, we are speaking from scratch, injection molding panels that big require machines that occupy half of a building, It would end up to expensive.

I bet you just a fat guy with no skills.

So much wasted space

Topre switches are very nice. I had one in a Leopold FC-660C (black). Loved that keyboard, but 5 years of accidentally kicking the cable coming out of the back of it led to the USB type B connector soldered onto the board coming loose and eventually falling off and into the keyboard housing when I tried fiddling with it. Apparently it's that keyboard's fatal flaw. I'm thinking of taking it to a repair place to see if they could repair it, but for now I'm ok using this chink keyboard with knockoff blues that I got used for $40CAD, although sometimes the d key repeats. Possibly just needs to be cleaned properly.

>filthy winblows user comment
it's literally the only good UNIX keyboard out there. if you're a retard who plays vidya or can't remember hotkeys then there's the Lite2

This

I have two. I'm literally never buying another keyboard again and I love them. Highly recommend them. I will say though it's a hate it or love it product.

Based user. Leopolds are top tier for cherrys and topre until you get into custom.

it's not a unicomp so it's a meme, at least from my typing perspective.

Hey this guys got a big penis, watch out consumerfags.

better than a kinesis keyboard ??

is it good for using emacs ?

its has as dip switch that puts control at the Caps lock making it more ergonomic for the middle field letters.
but modern keyboards with custom keyboards have this option, also theres other brands that also do this thing.

Stallman uses it so yes.

>good layout that is still familiar to a standard layout
>no metal backplate that does nothing other than imitate build quality and cause hand strain
>topre.
>not even expensive
The bigger meme is people building custom keyboards with hypebeast-esque parts and a custom autism layout that is unusable for anything other than commenting on forums.

The layout is perfect. Ctrl right next to 'a' is how every layout should be.

What scares me is the jump from a full layout. Not sure how comfortable I will be with losing the arrow key, and in this case the unorthodox positing of the arrow keys.

Long life to rubberdome keyboards.

Change my mind.

Attached: 1564736153052.jpg (1600x1199, 254K)

They are way overhyped. I'm more of a 45g gen-1silenced Topre realforce kind of guy myself. My next keyboard is going to be a whooting analog keyboard. It is beyond mental having analog controls on a full sized keyboard.

Attached: 1560440189799.gif (390x205, 1.98M)

Topre are a better rubber dome. Electrostaticâ„¢ rubber dome that is. Don't get the mixed weighted keyboards they are really weird.
amazon.com/Realforce-Keyboard-Tenkeyless-Black-Weight

Attached: 3119nMPrJXL._AC_SY200_.jpg (470x164, 13K)

Help_space_key_on_my_filco_mjt_is_dead!_What_do?

I'll buy one in JIS maybe.
I have that one now. Biggest keyboard regret.
The fn key is absolutely useless. Cannot even be remapped.

>using any keyboard that squishes the arrow and navigation keys into the main layout and doesn't have a FUCKING NUMERIC KEYPAD
Enjoy reachiing like a spastic monkey to type a bunch of numbers instead of being able to quickly enter them from a keypad, kids.

I have the gen-1 realforce tenkey-less. But Mine has custom 45gram springs under all the domes. I hated the variable full sized Topre, it was painful to use. I'm unsure if the still sell the gen-1 realforces with 45g anymore except eBay or 3rd party retail.

I like the layout, so no, maybe?

Better then sex.
wooting.io/wootingone

Attached: rgbcover-image-ID-7e843001-97d1-4800-929d-ae415784c650.png (1024x584, 728K)

fix it or rig something up to paste a space when you press it. ahk on wangblows or maybe xbindkeys on *nix.

I like them and I think they are nice but I don't use one personally because I need angled/ergonomic ortholinear keyboards. Right now my main keyboard is the Atreus62 and I really like it! It's very nice for my hands.

Looks shady

oracle layout sucks
doubly so for lacking 10key

I have the type s with the dampening under slip

It’s pure sex to type on

Caps lock is still there, just as a fn shortcut now

How much it was total? It's worth the 300 bucks?

Not a particularlu good board or topre board for that matter.
Non programmable which makes it useless and an akward layout.

Hhkbs and realforce's does not feel nearly as good as leopolds, but other than that topre is pretty decent for a stock switch

Anything 60% is pure meme for people who take pictures of their desks more often than they use them. There's literally no point in downgrading the number of keys you have available in order to juggle with function keys, other than masturbating over the fact that you paid in excess over muh cute litle keyboard.

I can somewhat understand their usefulness in gaming for people that are autistic enough to hold them diagonally and have more space for mouse movement but other than that you're playing yourself for thinking there's any advantage or aesthetical superiority in not having an F row or arrow keys.

Unless you're specifically working with numbers, play flight sims or whatever games require you to have a gorillion keys mappings then TKL will forever remain king.

Attached: 1549655306640.gif (492x376, 339K)

What about the usefulness in programming. Reducing movement and be more efficient?

Optical Keyboards killed mechanical meme

>maintenance
Imagine having to maintain your FUCKING KEYBOARD.

Attached: 1515040773291.png (400x400, 200K)

remove keycaps and clean it you disgusting fro poster, o wait you caps are clipped into the keyboard and will break at removal.

you have an extremely small brain

topre switches are nice. but the HHKBs have the wrong kind of topre. you need 55g topres, not 45g like the HHKB.
get a realforce

Reducing what, 2cm of movement to reach an F key for example for something which you put back anyway in terms of time by having to use the function keys and twisted combos? Come on man

lmao no, the actual argument against hhkb topres is that they arent mounted on a metal plate like realforce topres, try again retard

I bought one for work (as a writer). Been using it 8 hours a day for two months now, in short:
Pros:
>Lightweight
>Portable
>Tactile
>Nice layout
>Nice caps
>USB hub (for my wireless mouse's receiver)
>No RGB gaymer shit
>Thicc thocc
Cons:
>Expensive
>Stock sound's a bit shit: recommend SilenceX rings or similar to get rid of the harsh upstroke noise
>Stock feet are useless, slides all over the desk like a nuru masseuse (got some huge 3M feet)
Overall a comfy board for my use case. Wouldn't recommend for poorfags or data entry work (no numpad is a ballache for spreadsheets)

Attached: 1564348356534.jpg (319x331, 15K)

What do you think about the unusual arrow keys? Did you get used to the diamond shaped layout?

I came from a custom 60% (gh60, box blacks) which had function in the caps lock position and vim style arrows (hjkl), so it was a big change at first
It took a few days to get used to, and I still hit page up/down by accident sometimes, but I don't think about it anymore

Attached: 1563139558775.jpg (1252x1252, 435K)

TKL is a bit large to lug to work in a small backpack
I'm giving the massdrop alt a shot. It's a 65% that retains enough keys so it is not as much of a pain function key wise.

75% is TKL without wasted space.

Attached: Z88 Keyboard reference.jpg (1500x1500, 161K)

Actually it was originally a freetard meme from the 90s

Attached: Happy Hacking Keyboard Linux Journal.png (2543x3717, 959K)

Coming from a full size I wonder how easy it will be to get used to it, but I guess that would be the same with a regular 60%.