Tech peaked in the late 90's to early 00's and it was only downhill after

Tech peaked in the late 90's to early 00's and it was only downhill after.

Attached: 1552263922681.jpg (1024x768, 109K)

>display using technology that was made after 50+ years of being the industry standard has slightly better image quality than a bleeding edge display that was one of the first of its kind to come to the market

OLD THING GOOD
NEW THING BAD

This but unironically.

>NEW THING GOOD
>OLD THING BAD

YES I DO CERTAINLY AGREE

Attached: Dmx4MA0UYAER5Ea.jpg (200x200, 9K)

> tfw I'll never get to upgrade my computer so it can handle Doom 3 again

Attached: fakehappy.jpg (640x426, 28K)

It went severely downhill in 2007 when the IT industry separated into business grade products that still cared about qualities you typically associate with hardware and software (because businesses usually choose what's best for them) and consumer grade stuff for retards where they just compete with one another about how shitty they can go. From removing multitasking to cringeworthy foldable screens

The funny thing is that a $1000 TN panel in 2019 still has worse colors that the CRT in your pic

Because tech went mainstream and all normalshits care about is gaudy backlit keyboards and foldable portable everything. Normalshits are literally the niggers of everything.

user the Consumer/ Business split happened long before 2007

hell back in 2003 Compaq had the Prolinia for Busness and Presario for idiots

Attached: Compaq-PC.jpg (2000x1168, 1.03M)

No, you peaked in the late 90's to early 00's and it was only downhill after.

It's true for a large slice of what you call tech, but it's also complete BS for the other parts.

do you have any idea what even a 24" CRT monitor would weigh? to say nothing of 27" and higher?
also modern color gamuts are as wide as NTSC.

so between:
- monitor weight / size
- perfectly rectilinear image (vs. endless CRT adjustments which never get it 100%)
- crystal-clear high res (vs. with perceivable scanlines)

modern monitors definitely win. now maybe 15 years ago I might've agreed with you, but things are pretty comfy right now. the ONLY thing I fucking hate about modern times, is the wide aspect screens. can we at least have one fucking manufacturer making modern 4:3 screens in large sizes??

faggot
we'll be getting 8k res 240+ Hz displays with adaptive sync and HDR

>where they just compete with one another about how shitty they can go
this is the problem with EVERYTHING in the modern world
read "Meditations on Moloch"

while still looking like washed out shit

Hasn't LCD already surpassed CRT by now?

in what way? if it's clipping whites that's because you bought a low end monitor or one that's prioritizing responsiveness over color accuracy or you didn't calibrate it properly.

addendum:

and that's not even considering quantum dot displays which are going to blow even today's wide gamut monitors out of the water with color reproduction.

A good VA monitor is good enough these days, until the new monitors are here (in less than five years, there will be at least three more panel techs), I don't see a strong reason to complain.
VA
>decent enough contrast and blacks
>decent enough viewing angles
>decent enough response time unless you want to play FPS games competitively
>no burn-ins
>decent enough color reproduction unless you want do sRGB shit

CRTs are amazing though. I really wish they make a comeback, or their legit successor which is now in R&D.

Yep.. *sips*

Attached: boomerboy.jpg (1600x1200, 461K)

>he needs to post pics of old lcds to "prove" his point
You are not interesting nor are you superior for using outdated technology.

Depends on the price. Age deterioration aside, a low-end CRT is better than or equal to a low-end LCD in most respects, while a high-end LCD is better than or equal to a high-end CRT in most respects.

>beams cancer into your skull
No thanks

>high-end LCD is better than or equal to a high-end CRT in most respects
Depends on your priorities. There's nothing more important to me in a screen than contrast. I'd take lower PPI, less brightness, size and aspect ratio over grey washed out blacks and backlight bleeds any fucking day.

N-no I didn't, dad.

Attached: 9028482.jpg (500x414, 54K)

>NEW STUFF BAD
>OLD STUFF GOOD

CRTs actually both great and bad contrast. On the same monitor that is.. On/off contrast is very good, but not perfect (find an actual, reliable source that says they are if you want to contend this).
ANSI contrast is terrible. Meaning that bright parts of the image will cause the black parts to go grey.

At least the viewing angles are fucking great, unlike the abomination thag is VA. That's the real problem with those.

Thanks /v/, very cool!

This but unironiclly

No you FUCKING PEAKED after you hit 20 and realized that your meme irc circlejerk Lang has zero value in the real world now you have to pretend everything else gave up like you did

Damn, you seem mad.

Yeah I miss the constant Xray radiation source in front of my brain.

Seems like the damage has already been done.

good for you that you can still use all that old shit, nobody is forcing you to upgrade. go back to usenet.