Are Noctua fans worth it?

Are Noctua fans worth it?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (566x555, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thermalright.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, they are silent and very durable.

Obviously just make sure you spray paint them before installing them so you dont look like a Turbo Autist with something similar to this

Attached: 1564343533692.jpg (2848x2848, 1.13M)

No too expensive.

I have 8 of the nf a-12x 25 in my case and cpu cooler and the only benefit is quieter cooling which is nice for openback headphone usage. If you don't care about noise there are a lot of fans that offer similar cooling performance at just slightly louder noise levels.

I prefer Thernalright.
thermalright.com/

Pride yourself in your autism, don't try to hide it.

Also Noctua make grey redux fans and black chromax fans these days.

Attached: na_chromax.jpg (650x370, 118K)

or just buy the chromax line

for most people, fuck no.

noctua has some marketing material saying that the lower power draw makes them pay back themselves

Attached: 1563100764492.jpg (448x507, 23K)

Attached: 1557661774344.jpg (600x490, 106K)

if you're running a server farm maybe, for most people hell no

the redux fans are worth it
they don't come with the rubber grommets but if you REALLY need them, a set of 20 cost like $5 so you still end up paying less than you would for the normal noctua fans
especially when buying multiple

why would you spray paint an internal component ?

pure autism. i have an RGB component that i never even get to look at because the side panel faces a wall. i don't give a shit either way

>Obviously just make sure you spray paint them before installing them so you dont look like a Turbo Autist with something similar to this

Perfect for boomer like me

if you spray paint noctua fans you degrade the performance which is the only reason to pay a premium for them you fucking retard.

They are good but have terrible price/performance ratio. Unless you want to boast how much you spent on fans alone, it's better to go for something else.

>the redux fans are worth it
Aren't those just ancient, rereleased product lines?

>quieter
I'll pay premium for quiet

Attached: mypictr_252x252.jpg (252x252, 17K)

>cares about the internal aesthetics of a computer
>calls other autists
lmao

im thinking noctua is based

Attached: current guts.jpg (3264x2448, 1.76M)

Everyone with Noctua case fans always has a Fractal Design case as well.

It's a disease.

I'm infected too.

no YOU are based!

I prefer be quiet! fans.

>calls others autistic while he has a windowed case

WEW.

my nigga

I have Noctual fans in a Zalman case.
That case is over 10 years old and if I had to get a new different case I would get FD now.

Noiseblocker is better.

Attached: noiseblocker-eloop-bikfpnb.jpg (1600x805, 233K)

idk their hourly rate

No. Noctua is shit. My fan began to make noise a year later, I wrote to them in the mail, they asked to break off his blades and a week later sent a replacement. No track number. I received it in a month and a half. Instead of industrial2k, they sent industrial3k, without packaging and mounting screws. And he is also making noise. As if a small stone in the washing machine. Now i use silent wings 3.

Is that gpu cooler niggerrigged or can you get ones that fit normal fans now?

looks like it is RAIJINTEK Morpheus II

Shieeet my machine looks exactly the same

Im literally planning to build that with a b550 matx

>being able to see the internals of your pc
I bet you have rgbshit too

I swapped out 5 random fans for 4 noctua redux fans and my cpu temps dropped by nearly 25c under load.

How are Lian Li's case fans? Would it be worth it replacing the stock 120mm one with a Noctua one?

Neat. The price is kinda retarded though.

There was almost no difference (margin of error) in terms of noise and temps when I switched my corsair ll120 with them.

As long as it's not RGB it's Boomer approved. Pic related is when you use RGB

Attached: 1551535686154.png (814x806, 15K)

Don't know about these days, but my A77 is STILL using the same stock fans after 10 years, and they're not showing signs of degradation (no squeaking or whining), which very much surprises me, especially because I'm lazy as fuck to clean up dust. They're not amazing, a pair of P12-reduxes would do better and be practically inaudible, but it's good enough as long as the dust filters are clean.

RGB are Zoomers and some millenials

I don't have any filters, or intake fans for that matter

I had some on my server until I swapped it into a 2U that couldn't fit the towers. Debating getting some 80mm Noctua fans to replace the ones on my supermicro 2U heatsink. They are a great buy. Quiet and effective.

blacknoise is better

Attached: IMG_0041.jpg (5045x2578, 554K)

nvm, they are the same brand

to expensive for what they offer. u can always archive the same noise level with lower quality fan at a little worse performance.

silencio fp 120mm from coolermaster are the best

Yes, but make sure you use them correctly

Attached: Noctua fan guide.jpg (1148x566, 99K)

>NF-F12 as an exhaust
See

will the workin 5 years if I don't clean my case like noctua standards?

What about NF-A?

for some values of silent. they're quieter than most others but I wouldn't call them silent. they have that disgusting "ww2 bomber prop" sound when you turn RPMs above 1000

noctuatard and prolific fractal case hoarder reporting in.

those are quiet. but only because be quiet! caps them at 1000 rpm. and when I cap my noctuas at 1k rpm they're just as quiet. so eh ... while I like be quiet's mounting system I prefer heaving some headroom with noctuas.

>Now i use silent wings 3.
wow, so you went out and spent money on a fan that runs at 1k rpm at max? couldn't you just cap your noctua instead? :)

Depends on what you plan to use them for.
I recently tested Acrtic P14 for heatsinks and it's performance actually is better than nocuta while being quiter, I was quite surprised considering they are like more than twice as cheap.

They say it's "all purpose" but it actually has lower static pressure at 2000RPM than the NF-F12 at 1500RPM. But the noise level is the same at max RPM.
I'd say the NF-A12x25 is best for an intake fan if it's closed up by a dense mesh or front panel.
But it really can be used for anything.

One thing is for sure for an exhaust ALWAYS use a NF-S12A it moves a massive 62.2 CFM
at just 1200 RPM, but only if it is not obstructed.

Attached: nf-s12a-pwm-large.jpg (1828x2427, 384K)

1000rpm is already a jet engine. Why the fuck would you ever need more.

Attached: fan compare.jpg (2476x2276, 1.15M)

No way dude, you must buy a $40 fan otherwise it will go to shit in one year.

(That's what Noctua users tell themselves.)

>I'm so smart, I get to listen to my noisy, shitty $5 that moves zero air for a whole ten years!

(That's what poorfags tell themselves.)

that ml140 at the top
based, I should replace all my fans with ml140/120s later on

Arctic is best performance/cost. They're so underrated. Recently bought the 5x pack for 30€, and you can even link them together.

I couldn't manage to fit the soft pins in so my fans rattle about under heavy load because they're in those L holes for screws

Attached: 1410212362684.jpg (226x265, 23K)

>if you spray paint noctua fans you degrade the performance

no you don't. Maybe like 0.01% but I guarantee you a thin layer of paint isn't going to affect the aerodynamics significantly.

>covering the colour scheme that says you went for quality

if you are concerned with the way your pc looks then you are already breaching the autism barrier

Yes, I think so at least. They're also not as expensive as some people here are making them sound. But then again they're prob poorfags and my concept of what things cost is really skewed.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x230, 901K)

For me, it's Be Quiet!

Attached: images (34).jpg (554x554, 24K)

If you actually have your computer on 24/7 doing work it easily can make 10w difference if it's redlining. After 4 days, that's 1 kWh, whatever that costs you.

For me, that's 30 cents, so after 400 days I'd save $30 since I'm running machine learning stuff

If you game instead, you can still save a bunch, but probably less

What's the difference between these meme fans and the $2 things they sell on aliexpress? Does it make your air special when it passes through lol

If you have an issue with noise then maybe your case is a rickety piece of shit.

They are bigger, so they move more air at the same RPM

I just googled the case fan to see if there's any comparison to Noctuas and every site I'm finding it on has it listed for $75 used. That can't be right, can it? It's an LI121225SE-4

Unless you want noise/performance ratio and cost isn't an issue. They aren't worth it. Just get any decent slevee bearing unit to be done with it. Ball bearings are the way to go if you don't care for noise, but want something that'll last years.

If you want a silent fan, you should get the biggest fan you can fit in your PC and keep it at the lowest setting through the BIOS or whatever. If you want to block out the inevitable fan noise from gaming or other intense computing activity, wear headphones.

You don't necessarily need these fancy fans, as they still produce some degree of noise. You are going to get disappointed as soon as you hear it, and your autism will switch to Turbo-mode like the audiophile fags.

If you want a truly silent computer, you buy a fucking tablet.

they work sure, but you're paying a price premium imo. I have nothing but Be Quiet! stuff and haven't had an issue. Noiseblockers were always the go to stuff back in the day, not really sure if they're around anymore.

Why is FD the meme case? Aesthetics?

they make windowfgs boil with rage because they make they are brown so they pretend that they are shit

good aesthetics and build quality
i have the r6 and it's seriously the best case ive built in, period
it has some flaws depending on what you expect out your specific build however

they're not memes, people who can't afford them say they are. All of this assuming you're buying the versions of the FD cases that don't have a window. FD is known for having good build quality, subdued aesthetics, good dust filters, and good sound dampening. I have a FD R6 Blackout edition for my main build (although I went with Be Quiet! tech instead of noctua) and a Fractal R5 windowless version for my server. My little sister inherited my Fractal R4.

Another good case no one talks about is Be Quiet! Their Pure Base stuff isn't horrible.

>bequiet doesn't make 200mm fans

Attached: 1560501700043.jpg (300x287, 13K)

what case do you have that still offers 200mm fan mounts? I'm sincerely looking for one. I remember 200/230mm fans used to be THE SHIT. I regret not buying a Cooler Master HAF XM that had support for a 200mm in the front and 2x 200mm in the top.

>spray painting those glorious brown fans
neck yourself

rosewill thor v2

there's also pic related and the atx version of it

Attached: cooler master h100.png (893x595, 495K)

windfags will say yes

>Rosewill Thor v2
ah man what a throwback. I actually want one now. Get a bunch of Noctua 200mm fans.

If you're not going to buy a cheap fan, get Noctua.
>t cheap fan buyer who went premium

>If you don't care about noise there are a lot of fans that offer similar cooling performance
Example?

Yes. I hope I could buy one in the future.

the price is very convincing, and difference isn't that big, how is idle sound like?
when on load I don't care, but when I do office stuff I get annoyed by fans

What else are you going to buy in that price range... Corsair? HAHAHAH

Hey, that's exactly how I want to set up my case.
Buying meshify S and 9 140mm fans.

But it'll affect the balance you retard, your coats won't be uniform and considering the fins are pretty fucking light, even a small amount of paint will make a difference

is there a point to installing case fan on bottom intake?
I would have x2 horizontal intakes 1x 140 x1 120
and have a bottom slot for x1 120
got x1 140 exhaust
define R5 case with hdd cages removed
also is there a point in replacing stock R5 fans? not that I can complain about cooling but airflow seems lacking

Attached: 008.jpg (620x413, 96K)

THey're pitch is very easy to block out even at high speeds. Just remember smart fan placement is more important than fan quality or number.

mostly on longevity, it will serve 150000h instead of 160000h
either way I agree painting fans is stupid mostly due to warm air going through them most of the time, depending on paint it can smell or degrade over time

>lol, I know material science better than the guys who made the stupid thing.
You know they sell a series of fans with better colors just to apease autists like you, right?