Attached: puffy65.gif (599x199, 46K)

*bsd is a joke, at least if we're talking about the basic userland tools
shit, it doesn't even have lsblk

>not mentioning GNU NET.
You had one job hacker

Just use Redox OS

OpenBSD includes harmful nonfree software
libertybsd.net/

Nobody wants to use a turd that took well over 15 years to develop, has such a pathetic MS Paint logo and supports communism. Even seL4 has better chance of taking off.

Worst BSD

>he hasn't installed Gentoo GNU/Hurd Durr yet

I have disappointed you stallman-sama

Literally never.

OpenBSD does not even have /dev filesystem user.....

>over a year since the last update
>main download mirror is dead

Why do you need lsblk when you have sysctl hw.disknames, fdisk and disklabel?

Soon™

Is stallman verifiably a commie?

Meanwhile, HarveyOS moves forward github.com/Harvey-OS/harvey/commits/master

Attached: DSX97sCX4AEgpF7.jpg (350x382, 14K)

You can install Debian GNU right now, actually.
It's the only GNU (non-Linux) distro available.
debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install

He's kinda like the unabomber, sans the bombs.

>one emitter
>one relay
>one splitter
>one collector
neat desu

Attached: NEAT-blog.png (824x324, 23K)

Can that be installed on and run from a usb thumb drive?

Asking for a friend.

Attached: xizfi.jpg (720x540, 51K)

The lack of mainstream use of Plan9 is a travesty. I understand why it's that way but it doesn't change my feelings.
The more I learn of Plan9 and its younger derivatives, the angrier I become at other systems. The hacks on hacks to fix problems created in the 70's in a system intended to be used in 2019 when they were solved already in the 90s in ways that don't make you want to kill yourself after reading/writing them.

Attached: Plan9 portabiltiy and compiler design.png (666x1052, 71K)

OpenSJW

nice network loop, faggot

What's worse is that modern microkernels are probably going to be good and by then people will start adopting p9. We'll always be decades behind.

I have patience, both Harvey and the Hurd step forward in the right direction.

>loop

Do you use it? What's it like?

p9 uses a microkernel right?

shit logo
le unix philosophy

microkernels are a meme and only good on paper

You could as well put quantum computing/alternative web systems/plan9/forth/lisp/smalltalk/hasklel and other never things into the pic.
Also applies

I guess it's up for debate. Some people would say yes, others a hybrid and I vaugley remember P9 authors having a "who cares" kind of attitude. As if to convey the attitude that it shouldn't be bound or shoehorned into a particular design, or more importantly, that it's flexible enough to look like either depending on how you configure things and what services you use.

I bet this centers around the P9 protocol. Things like the filesystem can be implemented in a monolithic way in the kernel, or you could just write your own userland level filesystem and use that in the exact same way.

At least that's my look at it, I'm not familiar with how people divide all this up, it seems to vary. Just like when people argue about what is and isn't a low level language.

Why do you feel that way? Can you give reasons?
I see people post this a lot but they never mention why.

Hurd is not a high priority project because GNU uses Linux. Only a few people work on Hurd in their freetime as a hobby project.

No, he's a social democrat.

It is worth considering how Redox-OS charges ahead thanks to a 20-off year old BDFL, while HURD remains useless. It is unlikely HURD will be in a usable shape the next 5 years, probably not after another 10 years, if ever.

Hopefully never, every gnu things are garbage

Who cares? It's GNU so albeit hardware support would be a breeze given the architecture, there won't be any because "muh freedom of choosing what hardware you can use".

Glow harder.