Pixel 3a XL - the ultimate phone for $479

What is the catch?

It doesn't have 6 GB (or more) of RAM, a SD card reader and removable battery but it is still almost a perfect phone.

Why did Google release such a near perfect phone for $479? Is there anything that can even come close to it?

Attached: pixel 3a xl.png (230x440, 208K)

I traded in a iPhone 5 from my end table drawer to TMobile to get one for $300. It wasn't even a TMobile phone.

Hell some people were gaming that trade in offer by grabbing $90 Verizon pixel xls off eBay and trading them for a 3a outright.

No headphone jack

it has a headphone jack. It even has the same camera sensor as the 3 and XL.

It lacks any water resistance, has no expandable storage, small battery, and a mediocre SoC.

>It lacks any water resistance
I don't use my phone in underwater
>has no expandable storage
I mentioned it in the OP
>small battery
it lasts longer than all phones
>mediocre SoC
it's not about hardware anymore

You get three strikes from me, get the fuck out.

>What is the catch?
Every purchase of Google hardware is a gamble because they simply cannot into quality control. It might turn out great or it might start shitting the bed four months in.

>I don't use my phone in underwater
>Water from rain hits the phone
>It breaks
Some liquid splashes and lands on phone
>It breaks
Cool

>>has no expandable storage
>I mentioned it in the OP
So there you have a perfectly valid point for why it is not the perfect phone
>>small battery
>it lasts longer than all phones
Source?
>>mediocre SoC
>it's not about hardware anymore
Lol sure, I like to enjoy a stutter free experience on my phone

>500USD for a snapdragon 6XX

Attached: file.png (474x355, 254K)

It's a decent phone but for the specs you can get more for cheaper with chinkshit.

My Mi A2 Lite has a shittier SoC and a microUSB port but it was $300CAD and lasts 5 days off the charger due to me not using it that much and a 4000mAh battery.

Attached: photo_2019-08-09_15-44-13.jpg (606x1280, 51K)

The OnePlus 7 is $479.

Attached: OnePlus-7-not-Pro-renders-reveal-a-similar-design-to-the-OnePlus-6T.png (1133x850, 112K)

>a SD card reader and removable battery
dropped

>Some liquid splashes and lands on phone
>It breaks
Proof?
>So there you have a perfectly valid point for why it is not the perfect phone
Are you ESL? I said "almost a perfect phone". Do you know what "almost" is? Clearly fucking not.
>Source?
Look it up yourself, dumbass. It's in every test.
>Lol sure, I like to enjoy a stutter free experience on my phone
Pixel is stutter free. Do you have any proof it isn't?

You're literally retarded lmao.

You get chink botnet, chink bloatware and one month of updates and that's it.

>that notch
Into the trash it goes.

I have it and I like it a lot. Came from a Nexus 6.
There are a couple reasons why it's cheap aside from the things you already mentioned.
> Lower tier chipset
> eMMC instead of UFS storage
> No Gorilla glass (uses some cheaper alternative)
> Has bezels
> Plastic build
> Not water resistant
> No wireless charging

Actually I get the same amount of updates as a Pixel phone... two years of Android version updates, three years of security updates. Also monthly security updates. Just make sure you get an Android One instead of a regular Chink Xiaomi, bonus: it doesn't come with MIUI (this could be a bonus or a negative depending on your opinion of MIUI).

You get monthly security updates that are 1-1.5 months late because Xiaomi, not Google, ships updates - and they prioritize MIUI over their Android One devices.

t. had a Mi A1 and replaced stock with Lineage as soon as it went official

>Actually I get the same amount of updates as a Pixel phone... two years of Android version updates, three years of security updates.
Pixel phones get three years of Android updates.

Botnet isn't even a valid argument anymore. You're talking about cell phones, they ARE the botnet. And saying that Google is the lesser of the two evils just proves you're a shill. The notch is pretty fucking ugly, sure, but less than the big fucking bezels on that pixel shit.

just got a pixel 3a the other day. Couldn't buy chinkshit since I'm an americlap, so I would say these phones are the best value for your money right now.

The catch is that you can get a root/romable chinkshit with sd855, and better specs across the board for the same price shipped.

Replying from my 2016 op3 running Android p

>Botnet isn't even a valid argument anymore.
Why not? Because you said so? I'm not giving my info to an oppressive dictatorship, Google just wants to sell me shit.

a lightly used Pixel 2 is cheaper and much better tee bee aitch

It's really not, you could get a Nokia 8.1 or Chinkshit for cheaper. Should have been $300, it's not worth being that expensive and having shit specs in 2019.

>Google
>I'm not giving my info to an oppressive dictatorship

You don't actually think Google is a government, do you?
Stop cringeposting bro

cope harder ijeet

Attached: Tights_21.jpg (850x810, 401K)

Governments are just an idea lol, they aren't actually real and neither are you

>I'M A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN!!!

Attached: 1555805078417.jpg (770x415, 35K)

But he says why not in the very next sentence: cell phones ARE the botnet. You're giving up your location just by having one, and if you think no government can access that data, you're delusional

no that's a ma'am