I'm tired of distro hopping so I'm gonna settle for Ubuntu once and for all...

I'm tired of distro hopping so I'm gonna settle for Ubuntu once and for all. Which flavour would be best for my 10 year old laptop toaster, Xfce or LXQT(last time I tried LXQT was pretty buggy, a year ago or so).
Also, will Valve still support it for 20.04 and so on after the 32bit shitstorm?

Attached: utux.png (474x666, 65K)

Pop!_OS

Most likely. They'll either get their shit in gear and jump to 64bit packages, or just be butthurt and try to use the packages ubuntu chooses to supports, but realistically valve cant and wont drop it.

I always recommend XFCE regardless of distro, IMO it's truly the closest to perfect.

t. guy who spent 1 month on each major de and settled on xfce

>can't drop a 0% market share OS
Pretty sure they can.

Isn't it just Ubuntu with a prettier gnome out of the box?

Install Cinnamon Mint. It's like a good ubuntu.

KDE

Xubuntu

>I'm tired of distro hopping so I'm gonna settle for Ubuntu once and for all.
Based

>B-but muh minimalist install distro
I'm just meming lol grats on quitting distro hopping user

If you really need it to be light, then Xubuntu or Lubuntu

But unless it's a real pile of shit I'm thinking normal Ubuntu would be ok.
My 8 year old Thinkpad with a bottom of the barrel Core i3 at the time, which has actually been through some physical shit including one massive accident that I think has gimped the fan forever (I bought a new fan and swapped it in but the same problem, I think what I spilled onto it fucked the thingy that controls the fan), can handle Ubuntu easily
Hell it handles Windows 10 easily. All I had to do was change the thermal paste. Handles it even with a very lightly blowing gimped fan.

Change your thermal paste first to try to turn into into not-a-toaster
Then try regular Ubuntu

latest KDE + Ubuntu LTS = KDE neon

It's great, although I don't know if I'd run it on a 10 year old toaster.

Attached: tux neon.png (3072x3072, 273K)

pretty much yeah, I've been using it for the past month or so. it feels a little more janky and slow than ubuntu does. and the graphics switching doesn't work well for me so I'm probably going to go with ubuntu LTS soon

Guix

You already know you want XFCE

> will Valve still support it for 20.04

sure, it will still download steam and it dependencies in :i386 mode

install debian

Default LTS

When you ask this question you are not done hopping. Sorry man

yeah OP is referring to Ubuntu waffling on including the required libraries for steam32 and wine32. They heard the feedback and are keeping them for the forseeable future.

Install Devuan.

Ubuntu server unironically

Jesus, you were right user, I just went back to Debian stable. How do I stop this madness, fucking hell.

Install Windows.

can't comment on valve support, but i enjoy using ubuntu mate

>t. guy who spent 1 month on each major de and settled on xfce

So you know shit

Tbh minimalist distros became a thing because Luke Smith convinced half the people on /g to buy nine year old computers because of the keyboard and that shit can't handle a "bloated" distro.

Install void.
Devuan is dependant on the thing it hates.

this