/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 7 Pro Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: hero_image_5.jpg (2000x1125, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_video_output_over_USB-C
amazon.com/Palm-Verizon-Unlocked-Smartphone-Renewed/dp/B07TSF5915/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=palm phone&qid=1565404759&s=gateway&sr=8-1
forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/jelly-unihertz-smallest-4g-phone-t3662729
xda-developers.com/google-defends-android-q-gesture-navigation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy this instead of the new Notes from Samsung, I'm not even shilling right now the new Notes are a shitshow.

Sending my OP 7 pro back after a day of use.
It's too tall, the curved screen and rounded corners are trash, I hate it, it's an abomination.
There's a good phone behind all these shitty design choices but fuck.
Why is everything so round now?

Attached: presidentchingchong.png (597x601, 535K)

I (Europe) can buy the following:

OnePlus P20 Pro, 6/128, slightly used, $450
Samsung S9+, 6/64 + 256GB card, new, $450

Help me /spg/, what phone would you choose and why?

i'm looking for a phone under $100 that actually has usb-c so I can connect to a tv via hdmi. seems like only $900 fagship galaxies and stuff like that have this capability but theres gotta be something decent from like ~2 years ago for cheap. what can i doo

Handlet detected. Hell, my MOM must have bigger hands than you because she uses her OP7 Pro without any issues. I came from the s8, you want to talk about curved screens, THAT thing is a fucking abomination. I've got hands big enough that I'm currently posting from an 8" tablet with one hand and I was constantly hitting shit I didn't mean to on that fucking s8 from my palm bumping the edge. Had my OP7 Pro for 26 hours and it hasn't happened once.

There are valid things to gripe about with the phone, like the only email client being included is the Gmail client and they expect you to use it for all your pop3 and IMAP needs while not offering the option to turn off battery optimization for the app so you'll sometimes get push notifications HOURS late, and the lack of a 3.5mm dongle is a minor annoyance. But those are actual problems with the phone. Yours are problems with your genetics.

My mi a1 had usb c

Not every phone with USB-C supports video out, see:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_video_output_over_USB-C

Not a case with Oneplass

>OnePlus P20 Pro
:thinking:

OP7 T variation predictions? With their price increments the OP8T is set to pretty much be in direct competition price wise with other flagships. I think they're gonna start transitioning to "full feature" specs to be in line with Samsung/Google/Apple.

OP7TP:

>SD855+ without a doubt
>Will likely retain pop-up camera design as under display cameras are still in infancy (perhaps some dual popup camera shit?)
>Wireless charging as this has been a large complaint since the addition of glass backs
>4100mah battery if increased at all
>Same cameras (hopefully with the addition of wide angle video recording)
>Same screen, curved radius may be reduced based on community feedback
>8gb/128gb base $730

OP7T:
>SD855
>Holeshit akin to Note 10
>Larger battery
>Possibly a 3rd 5.8" variant at a cheaper price to appel to a larger market?
>Same everything else
>6gb/128gb base $660 (if released in US=

sheesh that sucks to hear, why the fuck is this not a standard in all phones? its probably not expensive to implement, and lots of people may surely find it useful

Have you considered using Chromecast?

I am an idiot. Of course I meant the OnePlus 7 Pro.

yeah but its laggy for games and emulators. i want something i can plug into my tv for that stuff and then take it out and play it on my 90 minute bus commute

What's a good

Mi9T

You know chromecast is wifi dependent? Maybe get a non-shitty internet

How fast are these under screen fingerprint scanners? My OP6 is instant, but OnePlus ditched normal scanners.

bruh, the latency is shit even on 5ghz router with fiber internet. its fine for movies and general stuff but its not good for playing say, super metroid or something. cable is always better

Pixel 3a/xl.

Just scan your fingerprint twice, bro. It'll work for any phone.

>Pixel 4 will have a camera attachment
>meanwhile Huawei mogs it by having bigger sensors
just lol at Google, imagine slapping on an overpriced accessory to make the camera work better.

works fine for me :) maybe stop living in a shithole

Fuck off Xi Jianping you stupid zipperhead
Gonna check it out. Why isn't it sold on Amazon? The significantly smaller battery, water resistance, big bezels, and double the price isn't appealing to me very much though.

The price isn't appealing? Huh? That's what you get for buying non chinee phony! Dumb laowai! Pay up! Hahahahaha 哈哈哈哈哈

Pixel3a

>be current year
>no company makes phones of 5" or less

How you people walk with a laptop in your pocket?

Attached: 1549979516321.jpg (1024x625, 195K)

Simple, just don't wear sport shorts, sweat pants or tight jeans.

Can I get a link to a working APK of the gcam for the OP7 plus, please?

Updating: Just bought the A50

>constantly switches between volte and vowifi on multiple routers
>annoying crackling sound on most calls
>fingerprint reader barely works 25% of the time
>top right corner touch doesn't work unless I restart
I'll see if a custom rom helps this OP7Pro, but I'm preparing to rma it

A20 for $220 aud or A30 for $300 aud?
Was looking at mi a3 but it isn't listed on the local xiaomi store and fuck importing
Do NOT even reply unless your suggestion ticks the following boxes: oled, 3.5mm, sdcard

nigga you are actually retarded

jollygreengismnt-sama its just not fair.. i cant even one hold my redmeme note 7 without moving my hand to touch the top... pleasethink of us handlets oniichan please pray the chinks bless us with the compact phone we deserve. its all just so tiring oniichama

Attached: WHY.jpg (500x486, 23K)

Why are Snapdragon > Exynos nowadays? IIRC back in 2016, Exynos had more power and power efficiency than comparable Snapdragons (810 and 820 generations).

I want the smallest phone I can find that comfortably runs Android 8.1 or greater. To me it seems the only option is the Palm Phone which is about the size of a credit card. Zero interest in a "companion phone" as I want it to be my only device, but it's $350 and I hear the battery isn't great. Any word on upcoming price drops and/or an updated version?

Attached: palm phone.jpg (460x500, 31K)

pic related, Unihertz Jelly Pro

Attached: Screenshot_Bromite_20190809-223132.png (1125x2048, 362K)

A30, processor is a slight upgrade.

S10 vs S10e?

Which is better.

Shit that is both smaller and cheaper than the Palm Phone while running 8.1. Not sure I could deal with the 240x432 resolution though.

Amazon has the Palm listed for $120 (pic related) so I'm trying to figure out if there's a catch.

amazon.com/Palm-Verizon-Unlocked-Smartphone-Renewed/dp/B07TSF5915/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=palm phone&qid=1565404759&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Attached: palm for 120.png (2691x1123, 489K)

>whats the catch
its refurbished, see where in parentheses it says "renewed"?

OK got it. Renamed refurbished to trick people. Still might be worth it but I'll sit on it.

honestly refurbished isn't bad if its been brought back to manufacturer spec, honestly that costs less than the Unihertz, but Unihertz is dev friendly apparently
forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/jelly-unihertz-smallest-4g-phone-t3662729

Attached: Screenshot_Bromite_20190809-225812.png (1117x2048, 552K)

True, and now I know my options. I like dev friendly philosophically, but from a practical perspective I don't care all that much. My main concern is disabling every single notification and that is possible with Android 8.1.

Lmao you are retarded you hipster special snowflake cuck

Is there EVER gonna be some cheap chink phones with band 71 on them?? I'm on t-mobile, and the most I can find is band 12, and i've heard that band 71 is the future.

Attached: 1564948367544.jpg (1536x2048, 665K)

No. Why do you ask?

return it immediately don't even try to salvage it

Anyone who claims AMOLED burn-in doesn't happen on non-display units is spreading fake news. My Galaxy S7 is not even 3 years old and I can already see that the status bar is noticeably brighter than the rest of the screen, with the status icons burned in looking like darker smears.

ordered Mi 9T 128GB for 369e
did i do good?

New notes are trash since they ditched the headphone jack and also have the awful dot design. What phone should i get now.

Sony xz2 compact?

I'd rather buy the S10 or S10+.

Both will have the same SoC. I doubt it costs that much to overclock.

All phones do that mate.

Asus ROG Phone 2

Alright I have an upgrade at the end of the month. I want to get either the note 10 or 10+. Which one is the better option? I like the specs of the 10+ but the size of the 10 seems much nicer and more comfortable.

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1067, 187K)

>Scamsung

It's shit on the 6T but I heard they made it better on the 7 and 7 Pro. The ones on the K20 Pro/Mi 9T are supposed to be pretty good too.

That's still a pretty big phone for my tastes. I'm kind of surprised there aren't more phones in the 3-4" screen-size range besides the Palm Phone.

Who the fuck would buy a phone with a 3" display you mong

Palm Phone is 3.3". My old Lumia 520 was 4".

Asus Zenfone 6 is total garbage

I need a 500dpi 120hz 5.5" OLED display with expandable storage, 20000mah super slim graphene battery, 2" sensors on the back/60x periscope zoom with official Google development on the camera software, stock Android, front firing dual speakers on small bezels, Ryzen 3 chipset and SSD, 3.5mm jack with quad DAC, and a full metal body.

Why?

No scheisse.

It's poorfag garbage, shit speakers, endless issues, no OIS, no cases for it either just lol desu anus should kys

Asus Rog Phone 2 :^)

Is this a joke
xda-developers.com/google-defends-android-q-gesture-navigation/
they are doing away with the home/back buttons on the bottom of the display? There's not even an option to retain it? Fuck, FUCK

Attached: 1446021746214.jpg (633x758, 59K)

>However, since these gestures are not suited for everyone, especially for those with limited dexterity and mobility, the gestures will co-exist alongside an option to enable the three-button navigation bar for software buttons
Read nigga

>insulting someone who recommended a phone from one of the most developer friendly manufacturers at this point
I see you know what you're talking about.

>How you people walk with a laptop in your pocket?
Not true. Take a look at screen to body ratios and what that means. Not all 5"+ phones are the same size as Xiaomi's Mi Max line of phones.

I just fapped four times in a row, couldn't read it fully lol thanks user

Canadian here. I just got my K20 Pro today. Unfortunately I bought it too soon, they just dropped the price i think a week ago.

>Black
>Global rom
>128 gb

Took about 2.5 weeks to alberta. with standard aliexpress shipping and since the chinks are good at gaming the system, i didn't have to pay for any import fees or taxes. The included screen protector and case is ass so i ordered one which should be in soon.

First impressions are pretty good, feels nice in the hand and doesn't feel slippery like some iphones. I am loving this screen real estate but the brightness feels too bright and too low at the same time? Still a nice looking screen tho. Camera is better than i thought, still exploring the features actually but I like it! the pop out camera is better than i thought, after seeing marques take shite selfies i was a little worried but it's not an issue for me. I came from the redmi 5 plus which i loved, but love changes and it feels goot to not have a phone that's a total piece of shit. Thanks Xiaomi!

Attached: _DSC0032.jpg (1732x1154, 139K)

How can a 6" phone have a 6.5" display ree it defies the laws of physics

Attached: 51RgJ1wBhbL[1].jpg (500x500, 33K)

Manually adjust your brightness, fuck that adaptive brightness shit. Debloat it and use gcam

>5.8" version
sauce? ive always wanted a galaxy s8 sized oneplus phone thin enough for one handed use long enough for youtube/movies

He's just fantasizing about a possibility, it's not real lol

i did a quick comparison between cameras, left is gcam right is xiaomi.

I'll probably do a more controlled experiment with a tripod soon

Attached: IMG_20190810_011411.jpg (2160x2160, 1.99M)

Got a Mi 9T, and it's god damn amazing for the money (got the 128Gb version for 250 eurobucks). I wish the development community was more active though, MIUI isn't unusable, but I miss the customization of custom ROMs. Battery life is excellent. Though for my next phone I won't go as big, 6.4" is a bit too much, sadly they don't make good 5.5" anymore, or with too much compromises

Attached: 648x415[1].jpg (648x415, 23K)

i want to live in fantasy :( being a handlet is suffering.

Does anyone know if Mi 9T supports video output on USB?

Oppo's waterfall screen.

her face and bikini have more details to them in the gcam pic, as well as better contrast everywhere. Plus her hair doesn't look so blown out and bloom-y in the gcam pic, that's about it though, I thought gcam would make a much bigger difference.

Xi thanks you, your data profile is being configured now.

It's either that or some faceless CIA director, same shit as far as I'm concerned since I'm not a burger.

>Though for my next phone I won't go as big
you think they'll make small phones as we go forward? Just lol, get used to it.

I am hype
Today, in 10 minutes exactly my 7 day redmi note 7 unlock period finally ends and i will be able to rid myself of that worthless piece of shit miui

>Mi 9T Pro tops out at 128GB

literally why, if the K20 Pro goes to 256GB
fucking chinks

>spied on by the chinks
what is that a problem? you got something to hide, boy?

Better than the 64gb restriction on the Pixlel 3a phones, that cost as much if not more. JUST

You need to unlock it to get rid of miui, how do you do that?
What os are you putting on it?

Motorola is owned by Lenovo which is a chink company

just get the k20 pro then, it's cheaper too

what do you mean?
all xiaomi devices are the same, you send a request to chinks begging them to unlock your phone, then in two weeks they will grant the request and then you try to unlock the phone and the first attempt always fails and you have to wait a certain amount of time, between 4 days and 8 weeks, depending on where you are for that particular phone and then you can finally unlock it
and as for the os the only valid choices for any android phone are lineage os and ressurrection remix all other roms are absolute trash

>two weeks
Pocophone is 3 days now.

i want all handlets and females to leave this sacred place
you are not wanted here