Which distro do you use and why is it the best?

Which distro do you use and why is it the best?

Attached: comfy.jpg (250x160, 7K)

hi fren i am using gentoo linux or as i've recently taken to calling it just gentoo because it's comfy watching packages compile

Attached: 1550838843871.png (1349x695, 51K)

Linux Mint.

How would I know if it's the best? It's only the third one I tried.

>tried Ubuntu
>easy to install but I didn't like using it

>tried Debian
>wouldn't boot (GPU driver problems or something, not worth my time to fix)

>tried Linux Mint
>installs and runs as easily as Ubuntu but with none of the dumb shit I hated about Ubuntu

Ubuntu without any bells or whistles. It's not the best, just the easiest.

>Which distro do you use
KDE Neon
>why is it the best?
I don't think it is, I just can't be bothered to install a different distro with KDE and start all over again.

Using Windows 10. I don't even care anymore, man.

Lubuntu because its easy and no bells and whistles

The one an only distribution for intel users.
gentoo on my amddrone box.

Attached: file.png (1200x646, 360K)

Windows 10
I'd use Ubuntu if I had to switch to lincucks

based and realitypilled

Debian with KDE

I swapped from elementary with UI (gnome - Pantheon) that crashes that a 5 year old playing Mario kart

Arch becuz rolling release means I don't have to wipe system with fresh install every 9 months

recently switched to Linux Mint after years of Arch
wanted a taste of that comfy justwerks(TM) Canonical-less life
I think I'll stay for a while

Arch Linux
I like pretty much all there is to like about a distro. Nice package manager, the AUR is great, the wiki is god tier and I personally like rolling release. However the community may not be perfect.

>KDE Neon
I think it's the best. Better than all the other distros I've tried. Latest KDE + rock solid Ubuntu 18.04.3 base. I distrohop a lot but I keep coming back to this distro. It's sex for this volcel.

Attached: Screenshot_20190809_170001.png (542x610, 71K)

macOS

Toss up between Debian stable with Xfce and Xubuntu LTS. Maybe Xubuntu since there's more support online for Udindu.

Endless OS and Zorin r amazing. Thank me later

I run mint on my HTPC for the same reason, but I have to disagree on Debian. it's worth the niggles to get it working for how minimal it is (allowing you to tailor it exactly to your specifications).

windows 7

I like crux, is simple and reliable

Attached: 1506074457451.jpg (720x664, 40K)

OpenBSD

linux

Debian really is the universal OS. It's good for everything from embedded to servers and routers to desktops. It's binary package and security update support for multiple architectures is unparalleled, and the repos are huge.

Literally the only reason I'm not using it on my desktop is Buster Backports hasn't caught up with everything I need yet for kernel, drivers, and compilers. b

I like Haiku. Design wise it's a better desktop OS than Linux can ever be for historical baggage reasons, and a lot of missing pieces like a modern web rendering engine and working sound drivers are finally getting traction.

KDE Neon. It just werks and looks nice. Although lately I'm tempted to try to build a Hackintosh because I'd really like to try out macOS, but I'm kinda lazy and I've read that's it's somewhat difficult.

Ubuntu because I wasted my entire life up to this point fucking with drivers and Xorg config files.

Arch because of the comfyness of AUR, don't have time to mess with tutorials installing some obscure shit on other distros, when the AUR has the exact script to do the same with one command, you spend time installing arch but in the long run you spend way less time with the AUR.

KDE was a mistake.

>kde
>on debian
why

Maintaining Gentoo is a full time job.

Unless you have a compelling need for native Adobe CC, don't bother. I use a Mac at work and they're awful.

this on laptops I use devuan or arch
on server i run debian

oh and work forces me to have macbook I don't really use it though

Debian Xfce. It's small. It works.

Puppy.

>just works
>small size
>minimal requirement but feature packed
>run from ramdisk by default. can run from diskless pc
>comfy
>friendly vibe and doesnt pretend to be 1337 haxor

solus
>it just works
>works well
>good

based and puppypilled

yup, Mint user here. Couldn't agree more, the distro just werks

windows 10 pro

probably not the best but installed mint gave it a shot but couldnt be bothered changing it

arch, it's up to date and just werks. I don't get into retarded virgin battles over package managers, freetard politics and shit like that. if it works and doesn't get in my way it's good and I use it

Attached: 2019-08-10-09:54:27_screenshot.png (1909x1046, 197K)

Manjaro, All the benefits of arch but big updates are tested for a week before rolled to the main branch.

I use windows 10 :)

fedora

why its the best?
>latest software
>backed by company (IBM)
>it just works
>respects my freedom

Xubuntu, it just works and there isn't really any reason for me to use arch or w/e, i get the same things done regardless the only relevant difference is the time it takes to install

Attached: 1550784186418.jpg (1660x1940, 924K)

Did someone piss in your cereal? All Linux users are virgins, deal with it.

Artix because it has all the upsides of Arch without the downsides of systemd

Void because runit is a nice init, xbps is a nice package manager, there's all the packages I need in the repos, it's minimal by default and the packages aren't bloated like on Arch.

KEVIN DO YOUR HOMEWORK

I haven't had to write xorg config in over 10 years. Wtf?

AUR is for retards who can't into git.

>all
Do you know what that word means, virgin boy?

Gentoo on all my machines, both at work and for personal use. Sometimes I connect to servers running Debian, but I'm not in charge of them so I can't choose.
I'd probably run OpenBSD on them If I had the choice, but my experience was way too slow when I tried it on a desktop.
After trying out many GNU/Linux distributions, I came to the conclusion that Gentoo is the best one overall for two simple reasons: the package manager and the repos.
The package manager is arguably the most important part of a distribution, and the one that truly defines it. Everything else (having to set up more or less stuff manually, defaults, etc.) is secondary, as you only have to do it once. Maintenance, on the other hand, must always be performed somewhat regularly throughout the entire lifetime of that machine.
Gentoo is admittedly time-consuming to set up the first time, but very easy to maintain.
>inb4 compile times
Most packages compile in a few minutes on a reasonably modern machine, and, unless there are serious security issues which are fixed in an existing update, you really only have to upgrade around once a week, maybe even two weeks on important productions machines. It's not like Arch, despite what many people believe.
Guix is promising, though. I might try it out once it gets more stuff in the repos.

Attached: 1547721248386.png (1716x1710, 2.93M)

I'm running Manjaro on my laptop. I don't know if I should install Arch instead. But, if I had to choose a libre distribution, I'd use Parabola or Hyperbola.

There sure are a lot of jews in that image. Yuck.

Yeah, on both sides.

Not to mention putting bill nye in an image is a sure fire way to show how stupid it is.

Debian testing + non-free firmware.
Will move to MacOS soon.

gentoo on my pc, manjaro on laptop

Attached: ab2.gif (800x400, 39K)

Debian with bspwm. Regret not installing Arch

I use debian, but it's not the best. The best is arch. I just need a distro that is work oriented and doesn't break for now since I'm at uni.

Windows 10 Education 1903

Attached: 1535140450281.jpg (900x720, 109K)

this divisiveness is the reason linux isn't contemporary. Just get along with eachother, people have their preferences

Kde is goat DE

openSUSE Tumbleweed.
Because its rolling, but tested and stablized before releases. It just works, and its a good middle ground between Ubuntu and Gentoo, although I see no benefits to switching for me. It takes snapshots automatically so if anything ever went wrong I can easily roll back. And it clears the old snapshots after a while so it doesnt use disk space. Also Zypper is the second fastest package manager after pacman.

i use linux, its the best because i tweaked it to my needs

i meant mint

Antergos but I think I'll switch to void

ubuntu
fuck autists, it literally JUST WORKS (ON MY MACHINE)

Archlabs. Pretty much Arch with a prettier out of the box experience and very little ricing needed. Had my fun with ricing for a few years on Gentoo and Arch. Got tired of it.

We need a general for distros and distro recommendations

Enjoy your telemetry.

Debian -- completely free AND their free SW definition includes all parts of SW, unlike GNU who don't mind proprietary nonfunctional data.

fuck generals
we dont need any more generals

It's the middle of fucking summer user

This. Fuck generals they all go in my filter list.

At least use windows 7

FreeBSD

cat /dev/mem > /dev/dsp

Fedora
>it
>just
>works

Attached: 1420962987079.jpg (376x1000, 100K)

Gentoo on desktop because compile times are actually sane.
Arch on laptop because last time I installed gentoo on it, it took 16 hours to compile.

Xubuntu. Has the compatibility and online support of Ubuntu, without the bloat. When I had Ubuntu it would lag when I used the volume adjustment buttons on my keyboard.

You can use a VM to try it too

i use a meme but i like xubuntu lts