Windows has two command line interfaces (cmd.exe and powershell), and they both suck

Windows has two command line interfaces (cmd.exe and powershell), and they both suck

Attached: download.jpg (220x220, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GNU_packages
Jow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you think this was Twitter?

>Linux doesn't even have its own command line
>Has to use third-party shells
>bash, bsh, ash, sh, tcsh, tsh, zsh, dosemu, etc.

seething windows pleb
even visual studio sucks, the eternal bloat

I'm not seething, I don't use Windows or visual studio. Why are you acting like that?

ok dude no hard feelings

bit vim is literally more intuitive than visual studio

god forbid to go write a c or assembly program inside visual studio, you will get a headache

I'm going away, this is a terrible thread without any point.

Linux is a kernel and bash is part of GNU.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GNU_packages

>It still doesn't have its own command line
Ouch.

It literally does have an in kernel command line

>literally porting the whole linux to windows just to have usable command line
lol

You do realize you've just excluded yourself from using the "Just pretending to be retarded" defense, right?

whats wrong with cmd.exe? seriously tell me one thing

Wait for me.

nobody cares and obsoleted by wsl which was taken from linux, lol

it is non intuitive, looks horrible, non customizeable and lacks ton of commands

>c or assembly program inside visual studio
lmao fuck off boomer

Visual Studio is considered the best IDE for nearly every compiled language, cept you
>bit vim is literally more intuitive than visual studio

tabbing is a joke

no concept of sudo

requires GUI to open, even on boot

Switched to macOS after being tired of Microsoft's bullshit and laziness. Works perfectly, does everything I want, and does it in an intuitive manner. Looking back at Windows I have no clue why I tolerated it for so long. They can't even decide if they want Control Panel or Settings or both.

Disgraceful.

pwsh depends on dotnet not Linux...

why would you need to customize your command line? You only ever use it so often

wsl lol

>no concept of sudo
How is this a bad thing? The permission system of Unix is probably the thing I hear people complain about most and I see no reason to replicate it over the Windows equivalent. Like are you seriously asking for a less secure and less granular security system in addition to the native security system? Almost every *nix system had tried to do everything to skirt around fork and uid bullshit.

Linux has infinite command line shells (bash, zsh, dash, etc) and infinite command line interfaces (kernel tty, xterm, gnome-terminal, konsole, alacritty, etc) and they all ROCK!

lmao command line is literally everything on linux
true linux user ONLY ever uses terminal

windows user can not even grasp that

You're asserting that backwards. Those shells run on Linux, they are not Linux shells. There are native binaries of those for almost every system you can think of, which is kind of the point of POSIX. It's bad enough that GNU takes credit for all the work done by AT&T, SUN, and Berkeley. I really don't like seeing the increase of people calling any portable program a "Linux" program. I don't care if it makes me sound autistic, there's no reason to shoehorn GNU and Linux into every possible conversation about anything even remotely *nix related.

It was a joke. Just... joke.

Maybe you're joking but most GNU users are ignorant to that fact and seriously act as if 92 was the epoch of computing.

How do I unsubscribe

Jow Forums.org/faq#report
>>>/global/rules/6