Be me, recruiter

>be me, recruiter
>need to hire to fill software eng. role
>look at the resumes that come in
>"references: available upon request"
>no mentions of leetcode or hackerrank
>no social media presence whatsoever
>mfw

Attached: 1565090865077.png (894x773, 48K)

You tryna see my dick picks or what?

Social media is a cancer. I reluctantly maintain a LinkedIn account for (((networking))) and basically having a public resume online.

Professional references should never be included in a resume/cover letter, and you should always say available upon request. If you can't gleam enough useful information from my resume to make it past the initial screening process, I sure as fuck don't want you bothering my references unless you're seriously considering me as an applicant.

>leetcode or hackerrank
fuck I've taken the bait haven't I

>get emailed by recruiter
>email starts with v-
Moving right along...

Attached: 316691E3-7B19-4485-8EBF-77F1515FF84C.jpg (650x429, 60K)

>be me, recruiter
>ignore the pile of resumes i have sitting in my inbox
>contact already employed people about the position
for some reason nobody has gotten back to me yet

Attached: 1449010072178.jpg (500x327, 19K)

Attached: 96b3baacea608856d27828eea9850039.jpg (419x500, 33K)

> be me, recruiter
> advertise for a job that doesn't exist
> get a perfect candidate that ticks all the bosses
> know that the job doesn't exist -- tell the candidate to jump thru hoops including 30 hours of interviewing
> candidate completes everything with flying colors. but no such role actually exists in the company
> "thanks, but we've gone with someone else"

>>"references: available upon request"
Set aside with a note "request the references", get back to it if no suitable candidate was found in the rest of the pile.

>be me, recruiter
>look at the resumes that come in
>Raj Patel
>hire him

thank you for doing the needful kind sir

>tell HR to hire front end developer
>1 applicant after 1 week
>tell HR to hire back end developer
>50 applicants on first day
explain

Frontend fucking SUCKS and nobody likes doing it.

I'm a UI dev for a larger company so I see this a lot. A big part of it is that a lot of developers don't have the people skills to handle a front end developer role. They can't reliably interact with UX professionals, product owners, or clients. Or they just suck and it takes them like 5 hours to move a div 5 pixels to the left.

Because of this UI devs usually make more money, often twice as much as someone who solely does services or infrastructure. You might not be offering enough.

Sorry, but how does one demonstrate their people skills through a piece of fucking paper? BY their social media account?

KEK, you thought we would share in your mood, user?
Ya played yourself

I don't know user you have to get creative. When a recruiter approached me I offered to buy them a cup of coffee at the local cafe. We got coffee and talked about what my career goals, aspirations, and hobbies are. The resume came later.

Why recruiters are so greedy and incompetent? You are responsible for driving down the salaries. Recruiters often meet with people from competing companies to discuss and spread salary information. Of course it is not legal but law doesn't apply to you.

v?

Vicky

ironically enough, me and the other interns do more research on new colleagues than hr. especially if our new colleagues are grills.

>especially if our new colleagues are grills
Because meritocracy or because you're normalvermin?

Back end is more fun, but I make sure I do both sides regularly.

>"references: available upon request"
That's literally objectively correct. Nobody wants a page of info of random old employers and shit. They'll specifically ask if they want it.

lol

>Be useless recruiter.
>We need someone who knows this five year old technology.
>10 years of experience in this five year old techonology.
>Salary: not available.

>be me, NEET
>don't have those problems

Attached: 1533491204123839442.jpg (748x1186, 90K)

People complain about not being offered the job but have no social media presence.

Personally, I'm not gonna be willing to hire someone if I can't make sure they're not a weirdo and just faking it during the interview. We need social skills to interact with coworkers and clients.

Glad I'm not the only one. I feel gimped by not having facebook or any of that crap.
Fuck your kind for wanting to know all that shit.
>references
What do you want that for anyway? They'll just lie to you anyway, and/or the references are friends who'll say anything.

It's just to check you actually have friends and are somewhat normal. Even if your profile is set to private they judge off of profile pictures as well. If it's something like a mugshot they don't want you. Get some friends in there or somewhere nice in the background. It's all part of the game!

>We need social skills
And since when does (((social media))) count as social or a skill again?

>Recruiter won't even tell me what the job description is
>"But we still need your references before we go further"
>"I promise I won't call them until we're ready to make an offer"
Yeah, no thanks. I told her I was going to withdraw my application. I don't want my references being bugged by people who aren't even going to give me a job.

I consider any employer that demands some sort of social media presence to be beneath my and a bullet dodged. I have an online presence. I have a facebook that I log into maybe once every few weeks. I have a Twitter I use to follow a couple people. But I prefer in person interactions. I told this to my last hiring guy, and current job when they asked about social media and my lack thereof. The thing is that if you're awkward in person. I get along fine with real life conversation and can relate to people. They just want to make sure you're not some autist who is going to shoot up the work place.

because IT department is a sausage party

HR sluts need to be mass murdered

>have friends and are somewhat normal
Leaving out a certain demographic isn't very diverse of you, user.

Would you consider hiring a person who seems to be very active on leetcode, GitHub, hobby coding, etc. but has no indication of a social life? (Assuming they're polite and seemingly normal looking but just no social media.)

>recruiter
>making fun of my "references: available upon request"
Fuck off, cunt. I'm not gonna let you spam my fucking references for no reason.

i'd take whatever this user says with a grain of salt. he's projecting. i know more social retards with fb/ig accounts than i do regular people with them.

So I know he's memeing, but do people actually put leetcode stuff on their resume? What the hell do you even write about that? Your highscore?

>salary not available, even upon request, forcing you to try to play some The Price Is Right bullshit trying to figure out how much decent pay is supposed to be

Attached: come on man.jpg (394x406, 41K)

that's fine. enjoy unemployment you anti social incel

Isn't that the point? You would think being in this field you'd be conscious of your privacy???

Front end jobs suck ass. I refuse to touch anything in css/html/javascript/ or your flavor of the month framework.

Just another bitch who hires based on astrology. Continue scrolling down.

Recruiters in a nutshell. I get the idea: if someone is employed they're good enough to be employed so obviously they're an automatic valid choice. But WHY WHY WHY WHY

Just say you want 20% more than your current salary and to fuck off otherwise.

First job is always the hardest, but once you're in you're in.

> imagine actually checking references

Most recruiters are cancer and you are no exception.

same reason girls fuck married men

the grass is always greener. Im sure there's a lot of stuff over the past few years you wished you could buy. Imagine being able to. Its addicting

0/10 bait

Attached: can opener correct position.png (1200x492, 565K)

this is why neet life + volunteering is the best choice

what do i do if my country doesn't have neetbux

I'm assuming in most of those countries it's more socially acceptable to live with your family and they don't want to GTFO once you're 18. If not then you're fucked.

>>"references: available upon request"
References aren't even relevant for software eng hiring, you're really not doing recruiting right

Even more fun when the recruiter won't tell you the name of the company. Why the fuck are you contacting me then if you can't provide such fundamental information

i went to a local isp one time to apply to a rather low-pay (comparatively to other places) sysadmin position, thinking that low pay would mean relatively lower demands too
met all of their requirements and stuff, came in next day for a briefing on my duties and they tried to put me on a first-line customer helpdesk position
nope'd the fuck out of there straight away

well that's the great thing about volunteering. You just tell them to get fucked.

I fondly remember my neetness. I wish I could afford to be neet again.

>won't discuss salary until you've already gone through three different fucking interviews and gotten an offer
>pay turns out to be shit

Attached: 125028305820.png (1411x798, 1.49M)

I was gonna write it.
A lot of women do that, and a lot of men like me are surprised from all these invitations coming out of nowhere when they aren't single anymore : WHERE WERE YOU ALL WHEN I WAS STRUGGLIING?! (and now that they're asking, you can't betray your commitment unless you're a jerk)

Attached: 1534993343281.jpg (644x465, 150K)

I haven't seen women do that since my change of status but I also don't get out much. Many people say you're right though.
As for recruiters, are there even scummier people on earth?

>As for recruiters, are there even scummier people on earth?
Women

>Personally, I'm not gonna be willing to hire someone if I can't make sure they're not a weirdo and just faking it during the interview. We need social skills to interact with coworkers and clients.
If they can fake it then what's the problem?

leetcode is a way for mediocre software developers to get jobs at top tech companies

what's the best way then?

yeah, but I think you forgot about
>women in HR

I always say something ridiculous like 120k+ benefits if they ask what my salary expectations are since i know they want someone who will say minimum wage.

>no social media presence=no social skills
>no English degree=no English
Recruiters are just so adorable

Attached: 1b77pc4c2cl21.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

>something ridiculous like 120k+ benefits
lowballing yourself is pretty ridiculous, yeah

>tfw I don't use social media because I value my social life
>people think I don't want to give them my fb, twitter, or whatever when I say I don't have any
>they get even more offended when I offer to make an account on their cult network
it's really amazing how much time people spend on this garbage and cannot wrap their head around someone not doing the same.

I kind of get it when it comes to work though
as A it's a time sink costing the company
and B is a potential risk when someone asociated with them spouts fire and brimstone

Attached: 1548009021398.jpg (640x639, 99K)

fpbp

>boss lives on my street
>knocks on my door randomly one day
>''want a job?''
>"o-ok''

fin

What's the difference between UI dev and UX pro

UI is a developer role w/ code and the other is largely a designer. UX people are graphic designers that also know about things like usability, AB testing etc. They're the people who create the wire frames for the UI person to implement

>look for a job
>check the salary
>either not mentioned or "competitive"

Why should I bother wasting time on applying for a position when I don't even know how much they are going to pay?