Working 8 hours a day 5 days a week in IT. How do you not go mental? I could hardly handle 6 hours back in school days

working 8 hours a day 5 days a week in IT. How do you not go mental? I could hardly handle 6 hours back in school days

Attached: 1542254125625.png (1440x2048, 902K)

Man up,pussy.

>8 hours a day 5 days a week
I iwhs.

Attached: 1513942165254.jpg (670x503, 115K)

i wish i had a fucking job

Work 12 hours officially on support team. On call always unless arranged with team in advance.

Even on holidays I get calls/emails/texts from 2nd line.

Being doing it for decade. Get paid well for my trouble. It is like being a parent. It is just part of my life.

>turning your hobby into a job
That's how you lose a hobby

i work 10 hours driving a fucking truck around, you could be doing way worse

Sounds comfy

What are you working exactly? I work in IT 8h/day but it's like 2h actual work and the rest is shitposting and browsing.

I wish i could hug Sumi

;_;

>but it's like 2h actual work and the rest is shitposting and browsing
Not OP but this is what kills it for me. I think I spend more time browsing this shithole working full time than I did back when I was NEET. I always wondered how ITfags had the time to get a billion fucking certificates but I've realized cause there's nothing else to do but learn something new while in the office and hope the next place you move up to has actual work to do.

Attached: 1530467504072.jpg (358x599, 103K)

This. I'm fixing and documenting everything here while shitposting and studying. After everything is done I'll move on to a new workplace hoping that it will be better, I'll give this one to one of my neet friends.

Different user, my work hours vary depending on the client I am assigned to work for.
I currently work for 9h a day and spend around 3 hours a day on top of that commuting which sucks. Sometimes I get lucky with my client assignment and spend 7h and commute for 40minutes a day.
I only visit these sites like this at home because it is not worth risking my job for since work devices are monitored and I don't browse on my phone much unless it is to check my personal emails or have a brief chat. Furthermore, open office layout discourages me from spending too much time on my phone however when you finally get something useful to do you can't concentrate for shit because a lot of people are chatting on their comms close-by with little to no sound isolation, awful in every regard.

When there is nothing to do at work I would either access corporate intranet and try to complete some courses most of which have awful broken English and a painful UI or just tinker on side projects and try to automate some tasks which I find more beneficial.
Software QA is boring as fuck unless automating mundane tasks since it involves some head-scratching and software development skills.
I want to get into something more fulfilling like a dedicated software development role or a hands on electrical/mechanical engineering role despite being far more stressful but it was hard enough to land a job to begin with despite graduating with an engineering degree and doing a few internships since I don't network for shit.
The one thing that scares me is that if I build up too much experience in my current role it will be hard to transfer to a different role and trying to work as an entrepreneur carries high risks.

I think it is primarily my fault for not constantly applying for new roles or working on hobby projects at home, the moment I landed my first job I became complacent outside of work.
I just come back from work tired and spend my free time on entertainment.

Imagine doing work you're not passionate about

You get used to the suffering until you go numb and become a sociopath.

Well, that's what makes a job great. You spend your "worktime" learning whatever you want ,not just tech but philosophy, history or how to make a wooden table. Or you can learn stuff that will help you get a better job. Or alternate between those, which is probably the best option.

Why not try chinese model 996, morning 9 till 9 in the evening for 6 days in week.

how about I jump out the window, sound good mmm?

I work 12 hours literally counting corn stalks 7 days a week
Driving to and from the fields is the highlight of my day because it's less monotonous than counting corn stalks

Attached: 1560113757436.png (204x208, 33K)

This, kids, is someone who cucked himself.

Don't cuck yourself.

This.Eventually, it becomes painless, you just have to die inside.

>how do you handle being an adult

I do InfoSec at work and then come home and do my personal InfoSec projects/study for new certs I want. I have a groupchat with my team and we send each other resources off the clock related to InfoSec.

I can't imagine doing IT if you're not passionate about it lmao, you're a loser.

You eventually get used to the schedule. You're probably still pretty young so you haven't become a workaholic yet. There comes a point where you do so much throughout the week that, when you do get extra down time, you feel compelled to find something to fix or fuck with

how do your manager or boss have the mentallity to actually ask you to work overtime when you've already worked 8 hours?

The ability to work from home whenever I want keeps me sane.

>calls someone a loser
>his life is dedicated to "InfoSec" both as a job and hobby.

yep that's gonna be a yikes from me

Better than doing unskilled labor at least.

My issue was doing something redundant that had no growth or value to me as a person. Dedicating my life to someone who would drop me as soon as he got bored felt terrible. Whoever says to "man up" or to "deal with it" is just a LARPing NEET who never experienced life or did anything. Like people who make fun of fast food workers who have no clue how soul crushing it is.

My advice would be to never become complacent. They want you to believe that this is part of being an adult. Being a cuck to someone else is not "part of life". (((They))) want you to believe it so you don't grow. Looking ahead at the bigger picture helps. Have a plan with the money you're making and all that.

Eventually it all got so tiresome and I quit. Began working for myself and while it's extremely stressful and has no safety net I'm much happier. You just have to be driven and working for some cunt gave me all the drive I needed to invest in myself.

>Whoever says to "man up" or to "deal with it" is just a LARPing NEET
hmm, it makes more sense to me that people with shitty jobs are the ones to tell others to "deal with it".

Pussy. I work 9-6 and then go to college for my post grad 7-11.

Attached: 1564560333984.jpg (768x1024, 91K)

I play watch anime and read manga while eating at the same time 9am to 1am then go sleep 7 days a week.

Its tough stuff ya know?

I like my work :^)

this

there's always an installed net to catch you tho. jump then back to work like nothing happened.

Let me guess, you deal with proprietary non-free closed-source software on a daily basis