Turn mitigations off. It's all FUD

Not one. single. attack. has been reported in the wild ever. You can't just get owned, you need to stage the entire attack and know a ton of background info.

Attached: 1565414627278.jpg (728x380, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

justia.com/trials-litigation/docs/caci/1200/1200/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this thread again...

t. anti-vax

t. Intel

Retards.

cope more Shlomo

Dumb mongoloid I'm literally telling you to turn OFF the mitigations. They're a worthless meme to make you buy a new CPU for no reason at all.

>goy trust us, no one will hax you

Attached: 1556391316859.jpg (500x573, 45K)

Yes literally trust us - the experts - who have only ever managed to create anemic proof-of-concepts. They're open source, so any skid could have applied them but not even state actors have.

>everything will be fine goy, our chips are secure, worry not

Attached: 1564132381258.jpg (590x639, 149K)

Is it really FUD when the exploits actually exist?

Attached: 1562172584681.jpg (675x720, 156K)

Show me some, then.

It's true they're not remote exploits so as long as you trust the software on your system it's not a big deal. It's a much bigger problem in the server world where you could get sued for disabling security features and spying on data between VMs is a major nightmare scenario.

This. As a consumer you can just ask yourself if you need that extra 20% performance or whatever it is or you'd rather feel a tiny bit safer. It's a tradeoff every individual has to make for themselves like for any other security feature that harms convenience/performance.

You can't blame Intel for shipping the patches. They would be begging for a multi billion dollar lawsuit if they didn't.

What laws will they be breaking?

If you sell a product with known security flaws and refuse to issue a fix you're selling a defective product and would likely be liable for damages from the flaws.

But which laws are they breaking

As a consumer you're running untrusted code as root anyway because you're an idiot.
However in the VM server world, you run untrusted code and expect it to be contained since your entire business relies on the fact that it is. Mitigations don't mean much for a gaming PC.

Knowingly selling a defective product is against the law. I'm not a lawyer but speculation about liability has been everywhere since the bugs went public. They're still in the middle of a swarm of class action lawsuits over the degraded performance. If that's even close to a reasonable legal claim then an unpatched security flaw would be a knockout.

>untrusted code
Ohhh I'm sooo afraid somebody will hack me. This ain't the 90s kid.

Yes, actually as a general user your risk is EXTREMELY low.
We aren't even talking comparable to anti-vax here. The average user pretty much doesn't have to worry about it.

Okay so I only recently installed intel-microcode. How high was my risk before that? Was it sloppy to not add non-free repos and install it earlier?

There is no risk for fucks sakes it's as likely as stepping on a landmine in your own back yard.

What's up with these retarded Intel shills lately? They cope with their 3% gaming performance and their security cheese grater CPUs like it's their last breath. It doesn't matter how big the risk is, even though 99% of the NEETs from Jow Forums doesn't understand the magnitude. Intel knowingly sold you defective products and the fact that you're defending them, as a megacorporation, either makes you a cuck or a shill.

I'm not defending them you braindead scarecrow of a human. All these vulnerabilities are fucking memes. If you want a secure CPU, buy an arduino.

Seems like AMD shills feel satisfied with their wins and the Intel shills have to cope double time.

Any info on that? What are the requirements for using these vulnerabilities? No attack being known doesn't mean much. I know it's unlikely: but most of such exploits are.

>turn the mitigations off
>They are part of a bios update
That said, my Intel laptop runs like shit now.
I'm buying myself and AMD desktop and am waiting on something like Lenovo P1 with AMD CPUs.

t. scared merchant with crooked nose

Fuck off, Дмитpий.

Tell that to the companies who buy laptops and workstations by the ballot.

Based. mitigations=off gang rise up!

>intelshill damage control
Intel is dead.

I would not be surprised if the establishment arranged all of this mitigation bullshit as a punishment for MAGA and Brexit.

Attached: bioshockinf.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

>>They are part of a bios update
You see, this is where I have an advantage by having a Haswell processor.
As if they fucking have bios updates for my motherboard.

Reminder that if you run any proprietary programs you are at risk for exploitation.

Ya, it's even worse now because of how connected devices are and the economic values being transacted on computers. It's not like the 90s where you'll get some malware that's more of a cute impedance at best.

This.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is the most intel COPE thread I have EVER seen.

Being an intel user you now literally have to choose to get fucked or get cucked lmao.

Attached: 1540209531358.png (552x661, 288K)

t. shlomo

Not gonna lie, selling my i7-6700k and getting a 3800x was my coziest tech decision in years.

>They're a worthless meme to make you buy a new CPU
yeah
a non-intel one

>This ain't the 90s kid.
in the 90s you had to be targeted specifically (barring those meme microsoft worms)
nowadays computers are so fast and code so easy to deploy that some random pajeet can put a dragnet of exploits up on some page and as long as one of them sticks to a fraction of users be golden

Attached: ssalutations.gif (480x270, 1.28M)

If it's serious enough for Dell to push a BIOS update to my old XPS desktop, I'm going to trust them, and not some neckbearded Intel shill.

Install zentwo

How are the microcode updated distributed anyway?
Did any make their way into windows update?

Thx nsa-chan

YOLO noibrs noibpb nopti nospectre_v2 nospectre_v1 l1tf=off nospec_store_bypass_disable no_stf_barrier mds=off mitigations=off

It's a civil issue, not criminal. They'd be sued for damages after someone is attacked with the bug they didn't fix. They could also be tied up in a negligence thing if they knew about it and just didnt fix it - they commit to supporting their product for a time and they're expected to fix issues like this whether people apply the fix or not.

justia.com/trials-litigation/docs/caci/1200/1200/
Then you're going to say
>but nobody was physically harmed

Getting some kind of arbitrary code execution in the context of CPU bugs is easy via Javascript in the browser. The first specter and meltdown demos were shown this vector. Most browsers independently patched spectre and meltdown in their JS interpreters because of this.

Just install an old BIOS...
>t. cretin gimps his own CPU
Holy shit
Each and every one of these intel vulns requires careful targeting to extract any sort of meaningful information. You cannot enter a website and get your passwords stolen.

>new CPU
Yeah, an AMD CPU maybe.
Time to buy a new laptop idiot, Fagpad 420 isn't going to cut it anymore.

>not having locks on your door is possibility of being robbed
>ROBBERY IS FUD! YOU DON'T NEED LOCKS!
fuck off, nigger

>mfw switched from a 4790k to Ryzen 7 3700X yesterday

Attached: 1497419450590.png (368x450, 316K)