I'm going to switch from Chromium to Brave. Are there any reasons for considering some other browser?

I'm going to switch from Chromium to Brave. Are there any reasons for considering some other browser?

(firefox/palemoon crowd need not apply)

Attached: 29gxm7.jpg (600x395, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.plan99.net/what-should-follow-the-web-8dcbbeaccd93
f-droid.org/en/packages/com.stoutner.privacybrowser.standard/
iridiumbrowser.de/downloads/debian
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Brave still datamines you in order to serve ads, even if you opt to turn on the ad blocker. They do this so that in the even that you choose not to use the ad blocker, they already have a profile on you to serve you relevant ads.

I would recommend Iridium or Ungoogled Chromium over Brave. Iridium and Ungoogled Chromium don't phone anything you don't want them to phone by default. The exception to this is Iridium's "Safe Browsing" feature that phones home to Google. You can turn this off by unchecking a box.

what advantages does Iridium have over ungoogled Chromium?

Iridium doesn't require to compile the browser yourself, so it's less of a headache. However, it updates itself less often than Ungoogled Chromium. If you use firejail, this shouldn't be an issue, as you can contain the amount of damage done to your computer quite easily.

Consider not switching

I can’t believe anyone would unironically use brave, let alone shill for it.

Extensions for Zotero and Evernote not available for Brave, and i needed them for work, so i had to go back to FF.

Yandex...the best browser out there PERIOD.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-10 17-22-07.png (414x488, 281K)

le shill lion
le shill lio
le shill li
le shill l
le shill
le shil
le shi
le sh
le s
le
l
le
le s
le sh
le shi
le shil
le shill
le shill l
le shill li
le shill lio
le shill lion

This thread is proof that all browsers are shit. We need to build a new internet.

I second this. Recently found this article talking about how the replacement for web should look like blog.plan99.net/what-should-follow-the-web-8dcbbeaccd93

Is that lion licking his asshole, his balls or his dick?

his letter E

All of them. It's one hell of a broad sweep of a lick.

>switch to Brave
Oh holy fuck. LOLOLOL You poor manchild.

CCleaner Browser or Opera DX

Spotted the wintoddler.

Can someone give the QRD on brave? Everyone is shilling it atm

>I'm going to switch from Chromium to Chromium
Do you alt-right morons realize that Chromium is open source and Brave is built on Chromium?

Attached: 1551661008564.jpg (755x881, 81K)

Yes, but I also realize that brave isn't just chromium, but that it also has a different interface any many other features.
The only thing that is really the same is the rendering engine, which is of course and essential part, but not everything there is to a browser.

Stop giving Google market dominance, use Firefox or a Firefox derivative.

Did they ever manage to add extensions? I know if you care about data collection and telemetry, ungoogled chromium is really the only option, and It's been so thoroughly gutted that it's unusable.

>Did they ever manage to add extensions?
I wouldn't know, I have never used it.

I would, but the fonts are shit and... oh, yeah, Mozilla is in fact not better than Google

If it's for mobile, Privacy Browser is the only way to go. But be aware that it doesn't support JS or cookies, so you can't log in anywhere (in case you're a normie that has accounts somewhere).
f-droid.org/en/packages/com.stoutner.privacybrowser.standard/

If you're on a desktop, your only option is to install Firefox ESR and follow that guide telling you how to disable the constant calling back and many such features. FF can be clean if you spend one or two hours tinkering with it.

Mozilla is 100x better than jewgle, waterfox disables telemetry, and fuck off with your fonts shit you superficial plebian

I can't speak to ungoogled chromium, but Iridium is perfectly usable.

Waterfox still has plenty of telemetry. You can go in and manually turn it off, but if you're gonna do that, you may as well do the same thing in FF.

Oh, I'm so sorry don't want to bleed from my eyes mister based patrician. Mozilla, Google, they all are fucking same greedy fucks.

I'll look into iridium, but the lack of it in official repo saddens me greatly

iridiumbrowser.de/downloads/debian

Works for me.

>iridiumbrowser.de/downloads/debian
I'm not on Debian-based distro, I'm on the A-word

>I'm on the A-word
Then use the AUR, that is what it is for...

I'm not attacking you, but I'm curious as to why anyone would choose to use Arch. I'm all for minimalism, but it's very obviously becomes a big headache from time to time.

Arch is not about minimalism and never has been.

>but I'm curious as to why anyone would choose to use Arch.
Not him.
I use it because it really is the best distro around, absolutely stable, software is up to date, really easy to acquire and you don't get started with an enormous base system, but can do whatever you want.

> I'm all for minimalism
Arch doesn't try to be minimalists.

It's a long story: basically, my first was Mint, then I fell for the meme, installed Arch, liked to tinker around with it, on PC everything was dandy, but later when I bought a laptop, all sorts of specific issues started to pop up, plus I wanted my laptop to Just Work.

I wanted to switch to Manjaro, since it's basically same shit (rolling release, pacman, large repos, relatively stable), but I don't have to configure it (I'm lazy and my arch is makeshift, I don't even have libnotify installed).

Problem is, my laptop has issues with newer kernel versions: it confuses the monitor and HDMI and uses HDMI as standard video output becoming unusable. Right now I'm on 4.19.2, and all newer kernels have this issue, including those in current stable Manjaro so now I'm waiting for new Manjaro stable release with fixed kernel to hop there. Until then I'm stuck.

TL;DR: I like pacman and large repos, but I'm stuck.

I originally came to one of these threads and I found the Iridium browser, and there was a website that was linked here that compared all of the different browsers for how well they offer privacy and it ended up concluding that ungoogled chromium was the best. Do any of you have the name of this website? I've been trying to find it but my last visit has to have been over a year ago. Thanks if you can help.