How do you know that smartphone apps with access to your camera aren't using the selfie-camera and eye-tracking...

How do you know that smartphone apps with access to your camera aren't using the selfie-camera and eye-tracking software to record data on where you're looking and sell that to marketing agencies?

Attached: evtwgjgb3xbmtirbyawn[1].jpg (1600x900, 262K)

because i physically remove the front camera
same with my laptop's camera+mic pcb

buy an iphone goy

I just use a piece of electrical tape and a mic blocker, on top of disabling them via software.

If it isn't open source, you don't. Don't give closed source shit access to your camera or mic.

Who cares about cameras and mics, when you can't hide your location

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Off.

>he actually thinks this works

Prove it doesn't.

And they still can measure distance between towers and your phone and know your exact location

Who is they? All the companies that have apps loaded on my phone?

Retard

Telephone services providers. They can see your location by tracking signal strength between your smartphone and their towers. How am I sure they can, you ask? In my country when ppl call 911, tele-providers must provide exact location of the caller to emergency dispatchers, so ppl don't even need to say where they at. Northern European here.

Why do I care if the telephone providers know my location? Are they monetizing it?

>why do i care if somebody has my personal data

this argument again? really?

Because my IQ is high enough to use a Mi 9T

Attached: 1565356182860.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

They track what events you attend, then sell your email and/or phone number to interested parties. I.e. I don't like cars in general and don't search for them on internet, but after attending a couple drift events with friends, started getting mails to subscribe for Top Gear magazine and discount codes for local car parts dealers

Because I tape selfie cams on my phone and I don't give camera permissions to apps with internet access.

You can be tracked with other phone sensors. Pressure, humidity, gyro, acceleration, magnetic and light sensors can be used to figure out where your phone is down to which pocket you placed it in.

Cellphone carriers have been able to track you via GPS long before smart phones arrived on the scene. I'm asking how it affects anything beyond telling the government where you are when they have a warrant, and 911 when you call them?

>You can be tracked with other phone sensors. Pressure, humidity, gyro, acceleration, magnetic and light sensors can be used to figure out where your phone is down to which pocket you placed it in.
Who gathers this data?

>twice
>high iq
hahhahhaa

There's been malware which does exactly this. It wouldn't surprise me if big tech companies are doing the same in their own apps.

Define: big tech companies. You mean Twitter? Or Apple?

Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Tencent, and others. Apple doesn't have android apps and they're not intelligent enough to use device sensors for anything other than turning faces into emojis so iOS is safe from them.
>Twitter? Or Apple?
Both are big companies so what's the difference here?

One is an app, the other makes the hardware. I can't speak to android, but iOS allows you to disable access to camera, mic, gyroscopes, etc under their privacy menu. So apps can't get at it. However, that does nothing to stop Apple from using it. I was just wondering if you meant the apps, or the phone makers, and if the latter, what evidence you had.

i don't. fuck off paranoid schizonigger